Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Associate
Well done Amazon, looks like they used 1 tree for my packaging, the box measures roughly 30 x 20 inches with a depth of about 8 inches, for an item that measures 29inches long and about 2 inches wide, not to mention the box contained a bin bag full of protection paper, what idiots!

x1vaYHc.jpg
MvnjnzM.jpg
I ordered a rear wiper last week which was half the length of that wiper and came in the same size box.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My genius knows no limits.

I have the JayBird X3 earphones, they are superb but have only one flaw. The charger dongle uses its own pin type connection, and on the dongle is a MicroUSB port in a world where everything else I own is Type-C. So I've been carrying around the dongle with the Micro USB cable as shown above the dongle below:

rps20180206_222326.jpg

Came across Type-C (female) to Micro USB (male) with good reviews, metal in build quality too. Now can keep the dongle attached at all times, and it's not bulky to be a nuisance either on the neck:

rps20180206_222249_729.jpg

Permabanned
That Jordan Peterson book is super boring. I got a copy and read it this week. And by read I mean it was sooooo boring I ended up skimming every chapter, always off on a tangent about God or Nazis. You really can skim that website and save your money.

Soldato
My genius knows no limits.

I have the JayBird X3 earphones, they are superb but have only one flaw. The charger dongle uses its own pin type connection, and on the dongle is a MicroUSB port in a world where everything else I own is Type-C. So I've been carrying around the dongle with the Micro USB cable as shown above the dongle below:

rps20180206_222326.jpg

Came across Type-C (female) to Micro USB (male) with good reviews, metal in build quality too. Now can keep the dongle attached at all times, and it's not bulky to be a nuisance either on the neck:

rps20180206_222249_729.jpg

I bought the Jaybirds but thought they were horrendous. I've heard significantly better earphones for £10

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I bought the Jaybirds but thought they were horrendous. I've heard significantly better earphones for £10

I consider them to be very very close to the Sennheiser IE80 I had before them. Wireless freedom meant I sold the IE80s.

You absolutely must use the MySound JayBird app to tune the built in DAC to your preferred sound (it stores the changes directly to the earphones), and depending on your phone, tailor your phone's output to the new earphones and your ears on what frequencies they can hear. On Samsung phones you have Adapt Sound which does exactly that.

If you don't do either of these things, then you won't be hearing what they are capable of. You also have to use ear tips that make a full seal inside your ears. For me the large size comply memory foam tips were the only ones that created the best seal.

They definitely are not an earphone that you can unbox and use and expect fantastic sound you really do have to tailor them to your ears and phone.

Associate
I consider them to be very very close to the Sennheiser IE80 I had before them. Wireless freedom meant I sold the IE80s.

You absolutely must use the MySound JayBird app to tune the built in DAC to your preferred sound (it stores the changes directly to the earphones), and depending on your phone, tailor your phone's output to the new earphones and your ears on what frequencies they can hear. On Samsung phones you have Adapt Sound which does exactly that.

If you don't do either of these things, then you won't be hearing what they are capable of. You also have to use ear tips that make a full seal inside your ears. For me the large size comply memory foam tips were the only ones that created the best seal.

They definitely are not an earphone that you can unbox and use and expect fantastic sound you really do have to tailor them to your ears and phone.

I tried all the different EQ's in the app, but I thought they sounded terrible. Not even close to my Sound Magic E10's... cant imagine they were a patch on a pair of IE80's?!

I love the idea of wireless headphones, they'd be great when i'm rowing, but from what I'd read these were these were meant to be some of the best sounding wireless out there and they just didn't cut the mustard for me.

Any others i should be checking out?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I tried all the different EQ's in the app, but I thought they sounded terrible. Not even close to my Sound Magic E10's... cant imagine they were a patch on a pair of IE80's?!

I love the idea of wireless headphones, they'd be great when i'm rowing, but from what I'd read these were these were meant to be some of the best sounding wireless out there and they just didn't cut the mustard for me.

Any others i should be checking out?

Sack off the built in presets, they are just that. You have to create your own one that is tuned to your ears. If you want to get the best out of any audio equipment, you have to tailor it with your own settings instead of using presets.

In MySound I shared my balanced preset for anyone to apply and tweak themselves as needed. Seems to have been well liked by many.

Soldato

I spent hours on the EQ trying to get it to sound okay. But even after turning the bass to max, they sounded hollow and lifeless.

I'm not quite sure how you've compared them to IE80s - they have an entirely different sound signature. I've owned IE80s - they are the earphones that made me search 2 years for headphones that sounded like them. The closest I got to was the momentum wireless by sennheiser.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Our ears must discern sound very differently then :p

The IE80s were great, owned them 5 years and lost virtually no money on them at resale. It took years like yourself to find a wireless replacement and to my ears, with the settings I'm using, the sound is so close it just isn't worth noting any small differences in favour of wireless convenience.

What phone do you have out of interest? Bluetooth still has a tune-able output on phones like the newer Galaxy series via Adapt Sound. It seems like your phone might be what needs to be adjusted to suit.

In fact I think your post is the first I've seen to date completely slating the X3 for poor sound quality, it's been the direct opposite everywhere else hence the sole reason I imported them.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I've a pair X3s and once setup they're great and I had several high end IEMs too but switched when I got my Pixel2 and lost my jack. Strange you had such a bad experience, perhaps they were a duff pair?

Back
Top Bottom