• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

Well thats upto them and I won't comment on them been biased.

All I know is OcUK would never de-list a product because we were more expensive, its never happened in the history of OcUK and its certainly something not about to happen. Even more so when said competitor does not even have stock and from discussions with Intel it looks remote that they will get stock or enough in a timely fashion.

The only time I'd ever de-list stock would be because we can't get stock for months so would rather not list than mislead customers into buying when cannot deliver in a timely fashion or if a manufacturer request us to do so due to an NDA or a fault with the product.

In the case of these CPU's its just down to NDA, I have 1000 of the bad boys in stock and I shall get myself a pyramid built and photo taken to prove so later.

Plus the fact why would we ever de-list even if were more expensive when something is selling like hot cakes, look at threads on this forum for proof of how many people ordered.

So yeah the article is in-accurate. I await to see threads on the net appearing next week that I ordered from such etailor and still not recieved my order, I feel sorry for anyone that happens too.

So whats happened to the Asus Maximus board which a competitor had £50 cheaper than you? (neither had in stock but will do by NDA release, ive been told).

This is the board I want and happy to wait for stock as I have a month till this build needs to be ready.

Last edited:
So is other etailers listing SB cpus for pre order breaking Intels NDA?

Quite possibly, but the fact of the matter is so did OCUK maybe the "Competitors" didnt realise the NDA was still on and have yet to remove them.

The whole situation seems like a slagging match between two companies which is understandable but should be kept confidential not dragged out on a forum trying to score points against each other.

Competitors have plenty of stock.

Only those who are covered accounts by Intel who like us are not live due to NDA reasons.
We went live due to an email saying to go live from a trusted source, Intel spotted this mistake and requested we took down and so we did as were an Intel covered customer or premier partner as they put it. Intel covered customers and premier partners have stock now.

Those listing for pre-order don't have stock, otherwise it would not be pre-order and are not an Intel premier partner.

Which is the mobo to go for? The Asus seems favoured in the adverts...

Don't shoot me if im wrong as i'm still researching it all, but i think only two manufacuerers have gone for the UEFI bios, Asus and another one (msi?) but it think the Asus has come out on top between the two boards with UEFI bios

To be honest i think the UEFI bios is my prime reason for wanting to upgrade, i love things like that :D haha

I've seen it we pulled down product due to Intel telling us the NDA was not up.

The proof is in the pudding as we never aim to be the cheapest and so if a company with no stock wanted to undercut us then thats upto them but we'd never pull stock because of it and we have never done so in the past and are not about to do so.

The stock was pulled due to NDA reasons and the proof of this is seen because none of the other big boys in the UK are live yet either, just very small companies hoping to get the odd order, I only hope for those customers who do order they are not waiting too long to get their delivery.

To me gibbo the shocking part of that article is not about ocuk's products being pulled down. Quite frankly if the rest of what was said is true then I am disappointed and sadly, not surprised.

Tiny Tim Logan, he had a hissy fit when another retailer (which I obviously cannot name) broke NDA on the Asus Crosshair IV Formula last year and shipped them out - I recieved one - mistakes happen.

And now he's slagging off yet another retailer namely Overclockers on the OC3D website, not a very professional approach considering their a UK Review site.

If I was in charge at OC3D I would remove him from his position, he's a trouble causer and he's doing more harm than good, considering literally thousands more people read these forums than people read there's.

the Asus P8P67 dropped by £2 in the last hour? I'm sure it was £131.99 last time i looked

The only real choice i can see is between the P8P67 and the equivilant MSI board then, obviously only my personal opinion mind you with gigabyte not having a UEFI bios and me having a strong hate for asrock pap.

Tiny Tim Logan, he had a hissy fit when another retailer (which I obviously cannot name) broke NDA on the Asus Crosshair IV Formula last year and shipped them out - I recieved one - mistakes happen.

And now he's slagging off yet another retailer namely Overclockers on the OC3D website, not a very professional approach considering their a UK Review site.

If I was in charge at OC3D I would remove him from his position, he's a trouble causer and he's doing more harm than good, considering literally thousands more people read these forums than people read there's.

Now that you mention it, he did something similar on our site. Someone had done a preview of the Crosshair IV Extreme, and he went to ASUS claiming we had broken NDA despite him making videos of the board. It was totally uncalled for and we hadn't done anything wrong...

so when the tables turned he's not so voiceful about breaking an NDA is he. It's not in his favour. He's right up that other etailers *** no wonder. he might think posting that article did him good and got him lots of exposure but really its just shown how much of a real t*t he really is. Lets hope others are taking note of this.....

the Asus P8P67 dropped by £2 in the last hour? I'm sure it was £131.99 last time i looked

The only real choice i can see is between the P8P67 and the equivilant MSI board then, obviously only my personal opinion mind you with gigabyte not having a UEFI bios and me having a strong hate for asrock pap.

And then question is it actually worth getting the more expensive P8P67 boards, i.e. the pro or deluxe.

The legitreviews article shows that they achieved the exact same 4.8ghz overclock on both boards ;)

And then question is it actually worth getting the more expensive P8P67 boards, i.e. the pro or deluxe.

The legitreviews article shows that they achieved the exact same 4.8ghz overclock on both boards ;)

Seems they are all pretty much identical in the fundamentals, it's just small features for a large cost for the extra (if you discount SLI support completely)

Seems they are all pretty much identical in the fundamentals, it's just small features for a large cost for the extra (if you discount SLI support completely)

Yup, the Deluxe version of the P8P67 has an extra 4 power regulators on the board which i thought maybe would make a difference in the overclocking potential. Turns out the 12 regulators on the standard P8P67 are enough to hit the multi wall anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom