• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

They were marked as in stock when they had them up. Now they don't appear unless you have the link and then they say discontinued. No doubt it'll all shake out come Monday.

Just had a look to see what all the fuss was about coming late into the thread.

If you follow the price link on OC3D it does indeed go to a titled only blank page so the article has not changed but the competitors stock page has which apart from being quite odd makes the article a bit of a farce.

Out of interest how do you know an online retailer is a preferred Intel partner ? Do you get authority for a logo or something ?

Last edited:
If you follow the price link on OC3D it does indeed go to a titled only blank page so the article has not changed but the competitors stock page has which apart from being quite odd makes the article a bit of a farce.

When that was written OCUK and the competitor had all 1155 items on their sites to order. Later Intel told everyone to pull everything as it was a miscommunication that put it up in the first place. OCUK did, the other place only seemed to pull the boards. Then Intel said that 3rd party boards could be listed which OCUK did this morning (about 11 i think). The competitor has just followed suit and so boards are available but chips aren't. Just took them a little longer to get their stuff together.

In all honestly its been a little crazy with lots of rumors and stuff going around which is why i think that article was written.

OMG just looked at that on OC3D does he get paid by that other company or something it certainly looks like it what a joke, I wont be using them for reviews again not very imparsial (or how ever you spell it :)) if you ask me hes a clown.

not sure whats more embarrassing , that some of you cant even get the name of the oc3d guy right that your quoting (its tom not tim) or that ocuk attempted at a fast one.
I think ocuk are giving as much as their getting here with regards to slagging off rivals...its just ocuk are a bit more political about it.

If I remember correctly, the only reason stock has even been demanded to be shown was because a certain someone claimed to have stock of the last gen cpu's and everyone put in their pre-orders only to discover that that certain somebody wasn't getting stock till the 14th (if I recall), the same time that all the other retailers were getting their stock too.

Claiming that your competitor doesn't have stock just because of the bad press you got your self into is not a good way of getting out of the situation, especially when they have now proven they do have stock.

It is amusing to see the loyalty differences between the two forums. No one demanded any acknowlagemnt of stock of the competitor till it was claimed over here that they didn't have any. Where as over here it was demanded to see pictures of the stock the moment it was claimed ocuk got it in.

Though I have to admit, ocuk's pile was substantially more. It might be argued that said competitor is not being honest about having stock. Or possibly they were just too lazy to make it all look pretty stacked up.

Last edited:
The other company have now shown pictures showing their stock as well, its nowhere near the amount Gibbo showed, but it shows they do have stock!

I count 8 CPU's in their picture, not gonna go very far, so quite accurate in my estimation of them having little to no stock.....
Just done a count on our stock, 1124 units left, we had 1200 total, but orders shipped from yesterday and those who still had in their baskets. :)
So we have plenty too allocate to system production from the word go which is excellent and more than enough to prevent running out which means all our customers will get delivery next day as long as no payment issues. :)

The boxes the CPU's are sat on in the pictures are not Sandybridge bulk boxes, they are too big, look more like 1366 I7 boxes, unless its camera angle. ;)

There is a lot of customers in the UK, suspect on Monday over 3000 Sandybridge processors will be sold, OcUK will get a good chunk of that business as will other major players in the industry. :)

Was wondering why the other major etailors, the usual ones rather than ex-Gibbo places didn't have anything listed. NDA was broken.

Hi there

For any doubters out there, here is some photos of our stock with burger thrown in for good measure:-

photorgi.jpg

photo1fn.jpg

Plenty of stock. :D

How much for the burger? :D

Was wondering why the other major etailors, the usual ones rather than ex-Gibbo places didn't have anything listed. NDA was broken.

They don't buy from Intel and don't have an NDA to break apparently. So they haven't done anything wrong is what they say at least. It also allows them to sell at prices that ocuk didn't like. Hence the scandal ;)

:EDIT:

Despite the owner saying they don't have an NDA they apparently do now. I.e, they probably don't have stock ;)

Last edited:
not sure whats more embarrassing , that some of you cant even get the name of the oc3d guy right that your quoting (its tom not tim) or that ocuk attempted at a fast one.
I think ocuk are giving as much as their getting here with regards to slagging off rivals...its just ocuk are a bit more political about it.

I thought it was tiny terry wogan... am i wrong? he goes on and on and on like him... and is very boring. sound like he doent know what hes talkin about basically.

They don't buy from Intel and don't have an NDA to break apparently. So they haven't done anything wrong is what they say at least. It also allows them to sell at prices that ocuk didn't like. Hence the scandal ;)

:EDIT:

Despite the owner saying they don't have an NDA they apparently do now. I.e, they probably don't have stock ;)

I meant only 2 etailors inlcluding ocuk (other than the tiny ones) actually had the items listed. So when I went to compare prices yesterday I was confused what on earth the big etailors were doing.

I meant only 2 etailors inlcluding ocuk (other than the tiny ones) actually had the items listed. So when I went to compare prices yesterday I was confused what on earth the big etailors were doing.

Basically, apart from when ocuk made a mistake and put the cpu's up briefly and some people bought them and are getting them shiped. No one is going to get a cpu till monday and if bought online tuesday at the earliest due to delivery.

Any site listing them early still won't release them till then anyway from the looks of it. Any retailer who has a direct contract/deal with intel isn't allowed to show them till midnight of the 9th (i.e the 10th as that is the real launch date isn't it). Those who go through distributors can put them put them up for pre-order but can't sell anyway from the looks of it.

I imagine that all the big retailers have contracts with intel just like ocuk do.

I think that all those saying that the prices will drop from what they were yesterday are right.
I've had a 2500k in my basket since then and its price has already dropped to £185, glad i held off really.
But then, everyone knows you pay a premium to get something first.

I think that all those saying that the prices will drop from what they were yesterday are right.
I've had a 2500k in my basket since then and its price has already dropped to £185, glad i held off really.
But then, everyone knows you pay a premium to get something first.

Would expect it to be ~£170 on the 9th or I would source from else where tbh. No reason to pay more.

Back
Top Bottom