Insanely annoyed at the RMA proccess with Superflower

OcUK Staff
@chugnorris can you take a look at my cs thread please having a similar problem.

I have, and Bailey has confirmed that we can handle your RMA ourselves as you would prefer, but it may be quicker to speak to the manufacturer directly. However, if you would prefer OcUK to deal with it, we will do. I believe an RMA number has been sent to you already.

Associate
Good jokes, top bants.

@Techen where did you find a 3pin to 2pin adapter & was that a Corsair SP 120mm fan you used? I have some quiet series hanging around i think.

Last edited:
Associate
Hm, I did search and found this :-

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26947774&postcount=2

Which i take to mean the unit is replaced immediately here and what happens with the faulty unit is then between ocuk and the manufacturer.
I honestly wouldn't mind it being send back to Taiwan Via ocuk, but I've just ordered a superflower unit and wouldn't mind some clarification on this myself.

Associate
Hm, I did search and found this :-

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26947774&postcount=2

Which i take to mean the unit is replaced immediately here and what happens with the faulty unit is then between ocuk and the manufacturer.
I honestly wouldn't mind it being send back to Taiwan Via ocuk, but I've just ordered a superflower unit and wouldn't mind some clarification on this myself.

Exactly the point i made in my CS, many threads state OCUK deal with it for the full 5 years but seems not all of a sudden.

Caporegime
That was my interpretation too, I have to admit. Just couldn't resist the opportunity of a quick joke. :)

In any case, it isn't Baileys fault, he doesn't make the decisions. But someone needs to decide what is going on and let people know!

Associate
That was my interpretation too, I have to admit. Just couldn't resist the opportunity of a quick joke. :)

In any case, it isn't Baileys fault, he doesn't make the decisions. But someone needs to decide what is going on and let people know!

Nail on the head.

Last edited:

wsh

wsh

Associate
I was about to buy a Super Flower Golden Silent 500W from Overclockers this evening until I read this thread. Good on Overclockers to do the right thing in the end but shame the OP had to resort to posting on a public forum to get the issue sorted. Finding out how poor Superflower customer service is (post 1, 2 and 25, up to 28 working days to RMA really!?) was insightful and has put me off the brand.

So now looking for a different silent power supply for a new Kabylake i5 build...

Last edited:
Associate
I was about to buy a Super Flower Golden Silent 500W from Overclockers this evening until I read this thread. Good on Overclockers to do the right thing in the end but shame the OP had to resort to posting on a public forum to get the issue sorted. Finding out how poor Superflower customer service is (post 1, 2 and 25, up to 28 working days to RMA really!?) was insightful and has put me off the brand.

So now looking for a different silent power supply for a new Kabylake i5 build...

Don't blame you, still no reply on why there is so much confusion and staff stating different things.

Man of Honour
Just buy a EVGA G2/G3/P2/T2 instead then. You get double the warranty anyway with EVGA. They are based on the relevant Superflower psu's (Leadex Gold/Leadex Gold II/Platinum/Titanium) and the only differences are a different fan, no led's, some internal tweaks and a extra 5 years of warranty. I would rather have the EVGA version for the warranty and excellent customer service, especially as you send it to the UK now.

wsh

wsh

Associate
Just buy a EVGA G2/G3/P2/T2 instead then. You get double the warranty anyway with EVGA. They are based on the relevant Superflower psu's (Leadex Gold/Leadex Gold II/Platinum/Titanium) and the only differences are a different fan, no led's, some internal tweaks and a extra 5 years of warranty. I would rather have the EVGA version for the warranty and excellent customer service, especially as you send it to the UK now.

Good call. I've bought the EVGA Supernova 650 P2 instead.

Associate
What chu mean? Like fan cable?
Yeah the adapter.

HTB1YiY0JFXXXXcmXXXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom