Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Associate
I played the closed beta and did find aiming a bit weird. The first Insurgency no problem but this one...can't even explain it but as someone said it just doesnt feel fluid...you open the scope and its just like jelly...hard to describe :D
Will get it though as the game itself is great.

Soldato
Purchased.

Means I get beta access until it opens which essentially seems to be the final game anyway reading the official discussion forum

Best bit is also beta hours don't count towards steam policy so could play 100 beta hours if you wanted and if you changed your mind you could still refund.

Looks great and a bit more up my street will try to get on to play some this evening

Associate
performance still not great for me :( some games are playable,but others are a jerky mess even though it says im getting 60fps, I would love the game if it was as smooth as the first insurgency, im only playing on medium settings as well

Soldato
Played three rounds tonight about an hour, thoughts are it's pretty good. Definitely a keeper I think. I get what people mean about some choppyness but it doesn't overly spoil it for me.

The animation is good, action is great and some really intense moment, sound is great. No real complaints.

I'm maxed out at 4k and getting 40-70FPS

Associate
Yes, it has some good potential. I'm still getting used to hip firing in the right direction though, no idea where my bullets are going sometimes. It's also hard to spot enemies at times which leads to much friendly fire :)

Takes a bit of getting used to know if you have dropped an enemy too. I like the hardcore nature of it though, especially no minimap.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, it has some good potential. I'm still getting used to hip firing in the right direction though, no idea where my bullets are going sometimes. It's also hard to spot enemies at times which leads to much friendly fire :)

Takes a bit of getting used to know if you have dropped an enemy too. Unlike the hardcore nature of it though, especially no minimap.
Thats all the things I love Insurgency for:)

Back
Top Bottom