• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Arc series unveiled with the Alchemist dGPU to arrive in Q1 2022

Soldato
FFS its $100 too expensive, whose with me on that?
$400 might as well be £400

£350 will get you a 6700 with reliable performance. There's also good hopes for further gpu price drops all round.

I have no idea how they're going to find the suckers to buy at 400.

Caporegime
The A380 seemed to be competitively priced; I hope they’ll follow suit with the other cards.

Sort of, at $130 it seems good but then you remember the RX 6400 is better, and $160.

We had high hopes for the intel range as they were said to be available in bulk and start off at cheaper prices that AMD/nvidia.

They have no chance of big sales if they enter at the same price points, especially with buggy drivers and unknown track record.

So much for Intel saving the day, now we just have more over priced cards.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
So much for Intel saving the day, now we just have more over priced cards.

Precisely this. If I could only frame the posts of those championing the saviours. I recall at the time wincing at the lording for intel, kind of hoping they would even partially deliver as lots of people needed/wanted GPU's back in Jan/Feb.

Oh well let's see if AMD get a break and intel can buck the trend of nonstop jokes about drivers and lacklustre performance. I mean these cards are taking up all them scarce components we are apparently paying extra tax for so the new gen cards are going to cost more right?...

Caporegime
Oh well let's see if AMD get a break and intel can buck the trend of nonstop jokes about drivers and lacklustre performance. I mean these cards are taking up all them scarce components we are apparently paying extra tax for so the new gen cards are going to cost more right?...
yea it's all intels fault that AMD and NVDA cards are so expense.....

only proper morons thought intels first foray into the GPU market meant they would murder the other manufactures and give their cards away for a loss

Soldato
As Overclockers seems to import a lot of Jonsbo cases I wanted to ask if there was any plans to bring the Jonsbo D30?

This case would be perfect for my setup as it is MATX and ATX PSU compatible and can also accommodate large air coolers. Unfortunately, like a lot of SFF cases seems to only be available from Chinese e-tailers with massive shipping charges.

They were quite open about concentrating on DX12. And really, I think that those who were dreaming of 3080 / 3090 / 69xx performance were hopelessly optimistic. This is Intel's first try in many, many years.

But when AMD faced such critique on titles where nvidia done better on DX11 there was no empathy, so it is only right they come under the same scrutiny! ;)
Same applies with Ray Tracing. If you raised the fact it was AMDs first attempt versus nVidias second, that wasn’t allowed to wash. It was AMDs fault for being behind. Same applies here for Intel.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Same applies with Ray Tracing. If you raised the fact it was AMDs first attempt versus nVidias second, that wasn’t allowed to wash. It was AMDs fault for being behind. Same applies here for Intel.

I think your agreeing, but in any case I think Intel worked with nVidia while implementing their XeSS (using AI to upscale). Chances are being into the industry for decades on cpu/igpu and working with partners its not like they are brand new starting from scratch with many of these technologies. They hired ex exployees of their competitors to get the advantage and certainly have the budget to compete compared to any new ventures.

I actually do want them to make headway into the market and bring something to the table including competition. Just like nVidia, I give them a hard time as they need to work for their custom base and not be a faceroll recommendation buy as we know how that ends.

Soldato

Ryan Shrout confirmed Arc A780 did not existed, it never been planned.

So Arc A770 is the flagship to compete with RTX 3060 Ti. Intel seem have a long way to achieve RTX 3080/3090 performance level, maybe with Xe 3 Celestial in 2024? I dont think either Xe 3 or Xe 4 can compete with RTX 5080/5090.

Soldato
Hadn't realised that there was an Intel slide showing with which cards they will compete:
FPXftNU.png
A bit strange that the RTX is missing the wattage, but where they do show comparable card's wattage they admit that theirs is not competitive except maybe the A310/A380 vs the 14nm competition. The only good spec is that the A770 can come with 16GB as Ampere is a bit stingy with VRAM. On the other hand that the 3060 comes with 12GB is hardly a huge selling point vs the 8GB 6600's.

Soldato
Need more numbers.

If they end up asking a higher price for a worse in all scenarios product than AMD or Nvidia then they're off their face.

Even if its using more energy and will remain bad in older games for years and years, maybe forever for some, if the price is right it can still be fine.

Associate
we can only hope that their driver development team is large and has plenty of expertise. they did say in one of the videos that the priority of driver optimisation would be based on the steam game chart afaik. so i think older games may take some time.

Caporegime
Hadn't realised that there was an Intel slide showing with which cards they will compete:
FPXftNU.png
A bit strange that the RTX is missing the wattage, but where they do show comparable card's wattage they admit that theirs is not competitive except maybe the A310/A380 vs the 14nm competition. The only good spec is that the A770 can come with 16GB as Ampere is a bit stingy with VRAM. On the other hand that the 3060 comes with 12GB is hardly a huge selling point vs the 8GB 6600's.

Ryan Shrout confirmed Arc A780 did not existed, it never been planned.

So Arc A770 is the flagship to compete with RTX 3060 Ti. Intel seem have a long way to achieve RTX 3080/3090 performance level, maybe with Xe 3 Celestial in 2024? I dont think either Xe 3 or Xe 4 can compete with RTX 5080/5090.

I don't get it, Intel's top card is = to RTX 3060Ti / RX 6650XT, why would any one pay the same $300 - $400 for them?

Do they think the brand mindshare will carry them through? lol no.

Intel already think they are Nvidia, good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom