• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

royal core project was nixxed.

but supposedly a very new , as in new, architecture in terms of how the cores work.

but i see the usual anti-intel people are trolling. ill leave it to them.

hello im a troll. thats what i do all day. i dont buy intel. i just visit their threads to take a dump on them. nice work if you can get it?
==

as for e-cores. this p-core and e-core 'hybrid' architecture thing. yes you end up with a lot of cores for parallelism. and it comes at a thermal envelope cost.

compare to 9950X the flagship multicore chip:

max power in multithreaded load the 9950X uses more power than a 14900k...depending on settings etc, they are comparable.

for those who dont want intel, just visit intel threads and take a dump.

Are you flipping serious?

You're citing an all out overclocked 9950X in cinebench vs a stock 14900K, because that overclocked 9950X scores that much higher it is still more efficient than the stock 14900K despite being overclocked.
9950X 9.2 pts balls to the wall overclock vs 8.6 pts stock 14900K.
The efficiency stock vs stock is 11.6 pts 9950X vs 8.6 pts 14900K.

Power consumption average across 47 tests is 135 watts 9950X vs 180 watts 14900K.

You're comparing apples to oranges. This is badly contrived.

Last edited:
RH0V7nB.jpeg

Box art looks good, but white plastic insert looks a bit naff. 12900k gold wafer was the pinnacle of box design!

Last edited:
and im sure there will be some gumboids who manage to melt their chips using inappropriate power profiles.
mine will be nice and comfy as I define it. in the bios.

Last edited:
and im sure there will be some gumboids who manage to melt their chips using inappropriate power profiles.
mine will be nice and comfy as I define it. in the bios.

Weird.

Amazing that people have this diehard brand loyalty to a company who a) comes up with a new architecture every week, and b) have to pump so much power through their chips to be competitive, that the last 2 generations are literal time bombs.

Weird.

Amazing that people have this diehard brand loyalty to a company who a) comes up with a new architecture every week, and b) have to pump so much power through their chips to be competitive, that the last 2 generations are literal time bombs.
Indeed considering we have seen no benchmarks of these cpus yet so who knows how they perform or even if they have the same issues as 13/14th gen processors

Indeed considering we have seen no benchmarks of these cpus yet so who knows how they perform or even if they have the same issues as 13/14th gen processors
Agreed. If you need a CPU/upgrade now, AMD are a no-brainer.

I'd give any new Intel chip 6 months to a year before even considering it - if the new chips require similar power to the old then that's already a huge red flag.

Agreed. If you need a CPU/upgrade now, AMD are a no-brainer.

I'd give any new Intel chip 6 months to a year before even considering it - if the new chips require similar power to the old then that's already a huge red flag.

I'll be buying a handful of I9 285K's, along with an ASUS Z890 Apex and Asrock OCF CAMM.2

Weird.

Hey, there’s always running at the base clocks, right :D

I think Intel decided that they want the 18a process to be a big jump up from current offerings.

So they ditched 20a and now say it was meant just for testing etc. But that was obviously not their original plan, based on official roadmaps.

Otherwise, the difference between 20a and 18a might have seemed incremental. Because according to Intel, they are fairly similar, similar technology, slight increase in transistor density. They are both in the 2nm class.

What they are offering instead will be 3nm, using TSMC foundries.Probably the standard type (cheaper to produce) used for Lunar Lake / the mobile equivalent.

Both 20a and 18a would be costly to produce, and Intel would rather stick all it’s eggs in the ‘18a’ basket, and hope for a big payoff. I think the big risk, is that it could take them years to deliver mobile or desktop CPUs built with this fabrication tech.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom