• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

If you actually read back the posts leading up to mine - I wasn't making a recommendation - it was commentary that for gaming if people have reasonably recent CPUs as mentioned like the 12700 that you don't really gain much upgrading to anything currently.

The 7800X3D is considerably overhyped though in my opinion even purely gaming, unless doing e-sports 1080p high refresh stuff, its gains are at resolutions and settings which most people won't be running when paired up with something like a 4080/7900 or 4090, and can't stretch its legs at lower resolutions when paired up with slower GPUs, while it falls well behind when it comes to anything non-gaming.

Here for example is another source showing a typical gaming scenario at 1440P:

LCwVP98.png

But it’s ROLF stomping everything.

You do actually gain a lot upgrading from a 12700, the 12700 is not a great price of hardware. The only workload I see any gains from is if I’m working with large compressed files, but Intel aren’t ROLF stomping AMD at anything.

Past few days there has been one of the hall of fame posts on reddit.
Someone got 700k inheritance a few weeks ago and spunked 600k on it on intel shares.
I think they have lost 500k

They shot the load prematurely... clearly... It's possible I have done the same but my investment isn't 600k :cry:

Past few days there has been one of the hall of fame posts on reddit.
Someone got 700k inheritance a few weeks ago and spunked 600k on it on intel shares.
I think they have lost 500k

$800k inheritance from a family member, put 100k in a savings account and then dropped $700 into intel, that same day the share price dropped and his investment was worth around $496k XD

This issue is not yet reflected in the share price, what do you think will happen once share holders get wind of this and all the class action lawsuits piling up at Intel's door?

I'm suspecting that you are wrong... the market spoke! Plus with Pat at the helm nothing can possibly go wrong from here.

I'm suspecting that you are wrong... the market spoke! Plus with Pat at the helm nothing can possibly go wrong from here.

Accelerators, accelerators, accelerators! Pat rips shirt off and runs around Intel HQ screaming VMware for everyone with a million dollars!

To be fair, the chap has done about as well as anyone probably could. Intel was run into the ground by accountants under Bob Swan. It’s going to take time to undo the mess at Intel as clearly the cupboards were left bare and desperate measures needed.

Dont know what to do...

I have a brand new 14700k processor that I never got around to installing on a returned Z790 motherboard, its still sitting new in box but its way pass the returns window.

Not sure if i just abandon the setup and sell at a loss and move to AMD new Ryzen when it drops or wait until Intel updates to confirm if my CPU part number is one that affected.

I am looking at upgrading from my current intel (4930k) to a newer platform, I was considering Intel, but I think for price to performance i'll go AMD.
The question is, I will be doing quite a bit of virtualisation on my PC when not gaming so I was wondering for that use case if the Ryzen 9 7800X3D would be worthwhile for the extra cores/threads?
Ryzen 9? Did you mean to type 7900X3D instead of 7800X3D?

Dont know what to do...

I have a brand new 14700k processor that I never got around to installing on a returned Z790 motherboard, its still sitting new in box but its way pass the returns window.

Not sure if i just abandon the setup and sell at a loss and move to AMD new Ryzen when it drops or wait until Intel updates to confirm if my CPU part number is one that affected.
If plan on short term, run it, overclock it… sell it on. But then you will have the problem of users scared of buying used 13/14th CPU’s later on.

For long term, severely down clock it and run it.

Last edited:
You joking? no one should be touching these things used and £300 to £400 is over priced for any used CPU.
You are not going to change the mindset of some people/buyers. Good luck to the suckers who are buying them now on the bay.

The sellers are the smart ones haha.

Back
Top Bottom