• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Intel Pentium G4560: Bang For Buck Gaming **

Caporegime
I did, yes. However, the mobo only has HDMI 1.4b so it would have only been 24fps @ 4096x2160. Although, considering that before this driver it sat at 100% and dropped about half the frames, it's pretty safe to say all is well.

i'm getting 30hz on my mobo, it's supposedly 2.0 but is it possible the cpu's max is 30hz?

Caporegime
They definitely support 4k@60fps. The G4560 product page on Intel's site lists: 4096x2304@60Hz. What's your mobo?

managed to figure it out and I'm a bit dissapointed. I could have went with a cheaper mobo because of this but it's not a huge deal as 30hz is okay for HTPC use but I'll need to upgrade to a GPU in future.

Basically they can only do 4K @ 60hz using displayport.

4k @ 24hz using HDMI 1.4
4k @ 30hz using HDMI 2.0

so I'm getting an exta 6hz by going for this board. However I would have rather of went for a cheaper mobo and a 1050ti to do 4k by HDMi @ 60hz.

not a big deal as it's a HTPC for movies but I do watch youtube via it too which is 60fps on the better videos.

Associate
Happy with this lil chip, baffled by it's performance. It's great in desktop and gaming. No reason at all to look at the i3's anymore. Especially with the current Kaby Lake i3 pricing.

Def the bang for buck king, all hail the king baby xD

20170109_120909.jpg

image.png

Can I get a Haribo?

Associate
Thinkng of getting this cpu for my htpc build. I already have dedicated gaming rig so it would become my NVidia shield alternative with main uses kodi, tv, prime and Netflix then include some steam in-game streaming on my 1080p display from the gaming rig.

Back
Top Bottom