• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Intel Pentium G4560: Bang For Buck Gaming **

Soldato
dl8860;30499345 said:
You get dips with any CPU don't you, especially with large maps and lots of online players?

50 FPS > 30FPS

Well the idea if targeting a frame rate is to keep to it. I won't get any dips in BF1 targeting 100 frames on my system, but then I paid for the privilege.

The consensus is much like Digital Foundry says. Great value, but if you want to enjoy 60 fps, which is what the PC scene is representative of; the i5 makes much more sense.

Just my opinion. Others are less susceptible to the latency which these things can bring. Also depends on the game.

Man of Honour
Nice cpu - no overclocking is a bit of a bummer but at least it has a fair clock speed to start with. Normally with this price bracket you are relying a bit on OC from Intel (300A, E4300 etc).

Caporegime
Found it impossible to get windows 7 on my machine using USB drive or USB optical drive.

Ended up Putting windows 10 on even though I don't have a product key. I'm amazed they let you install windows 10 without one but all you need to do is tick the box which says I don't have a product key when asked for one. It even let me install the Pro version.

Associate
Found it impossible to get windows 7 on my machine using USB drive or USB optical drive.

Ended up Putting windows 10 on even though I don't have a product key. I'm amazed they let you install windows 10 without one but all you need to do is tick the box which says I don't have a product key when asked for one. It even let me install the Pro version.
What board? Does it only have USB3 ports?

There are many guides online for putting the USB3 drivers in the windows media, works a treat.

Caporegime
What board? Does it only have USB3 ports?

There are many guides online for putting the USB3 drivers in the windows media, works a treat.

I tried about 5 different techniques all day yesterday. Spent about 3 hours before I decided not to install my legit copy of Win 7 and just install Win 10 without a product key.

MSI Z270 tomahawk. It does have USB 2.0 ports in fact they were the only ones that were recognizing the usb stick but I got famous driver needed error.

PITA
The only limitations on no key are the watermark and no customisation.

is that it?

i can live with that tbh. i don't tend to turn my pc on just to look at the wallpaper.

Associate
Building two budget rigs :D
For my father/mother (was approx £515)
20170214_160416.jpg

For my brother, his wife and kids (was approx £470)
20170216_182041.jpg

Soldato
OP
As someone that changes hardware almost weekly :p, this lil chip is still in my main PC. I may just keep hold of this thing up until the next line of Pentiums :p, or AMD's 'Zen alternative. The high end is so predictable, boring for me now, that I get more fun playing around with this lil bargain chip. That's how boring the current CPU space is lol. Hopefully AMD can shake things up a bit soon.. Make me wanna go high end again.

Soldato
OP
Might be replacing this stop gap chip very soon, got a good deal on a 7700K, not sure whether to go for that or a Zen chip. The 7700K wouldn't require new mobo etc... Can't decide xD

Back
Top Bottom