• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

melbourne720 said:
Should I try an easyrider-shuffle? Sell my e6600 in late June/early July, use a e2140 for a month, then sell that and get a Q6600?

I would, ;)

Im using a 2160 that I paid 59 for its zipps along quite nicely at 3.2ghz and will see me fine for july's price drops and penryn :)

Would sell your 6600 earlier though ;)

easyrider said:
I would, ;)

Im using a 2160 that I paid 59 for its zipps along quite nicely at 3.2ghz and will see me fine for july's price drops and penryn :)

Would sell your 6600 earlier though ;)

Fair enough, I see there are some good deals to be had on the e2160 ;)

You'd prefer that over a 2140 'cos of the higher multi I assume...

the e6600 could be soon for the move methinks :D

how will the e6600 compare with the q6600 or e6850? assuming all 3 could be overclocked. Im thinking of waiting as it will make the systeam more future proof i geuss? An i dont upgrade too often.
Just dont wanna wait to find that its not actually gonna be used by any programs untils there are better, cheaper quad core cpus this time next year. Is there any chance the 8800 gtx will be much cheaper by july the 22nd?

HighlandeR said:
Man sure bites after spending £530 on a cpu and then 1 month afterwards it cost £330 and then another 2 months later £150 :eek:

Q6600 is sweet but ill be honest (no overclocking yet) but even in SC/CnC3 can see the other cores arent doing too much... its quite possible a cpu already around 3ghz and dual core will proove fairly powerful... especially if one overclocks that alone.
do u mean on july the 22nd the q6600 quad will be 150 pounds?
as on overclockers the price is now £343.09 inc VAT :(
if its 150 on july 22nd ill be buying 1 foer sure but what motherboard will i need for this cpu?

ginge51 said:
do u mean on july the 22nd the q6600 quad will be 150 pounds?
as on overclockers the price is now £343.09 inc VAT :(
if its 150 on july 22nd ill be buying 1 foer sure but what motherboard will i need for this cpu?

If the last price drops are anything to go by, then we can expect the Q6600 to drop to about the same price as the E6600 is now.

Any of the current Conroe boards can take a quad, tho the new Intel P35 based boards are overclocking them better.

Grrrr, I hate technology. Every time I consider upgrading my computer, something much better appears on the horizon, and I wait to see what it will be like. Then when I think. "lets go for it" something else crops up!

Captain Kirk said:
Grrrr, I hate technology. Every time I consider upgrading my computer, something much better appears on the horizon, and I wait to see what it will be like. Then when I think. "lets go for it" something else crops up!
It's life Jim... but not as we know it! ;)

Sorry... cheap shot but i had to take it!

Incidentally, i know just what you mean - stuck with 939 for ages before moving to C2D! :rolleyes:

gt

Back
Top Bottom