• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

god damn price cut!!!!

why couldnt they have done it a bit earlier than the 22nd?

i desperatly need a new PC for uni project + 3DS but cant really wait till july 22nd. I'm allready getting behind as it is :(

Some nice price drops there! Might even be affordable for me to get a quad core later this year, which would be nice :) Did the e6400 / 6420 get replaced by the 65xx range? As it seems the same speeds.

I assume the QX6800 is going to be included in this little lot too, or would that come later? Is it correct that the QX6850 will be released on July 22nd too to coincide with this which will slash the X6800 price? Hmm...

Bloody glad I read this thread because the missus has just given me permission to make a pilgimage to OCUK and buy an E6600 bundle in a couple of weeks time.

Will a Quad enable me to surf the net, download an MP3, play another MP3 and perhaps Tag another one all at the same time :) (can't wait for the purple shirt adverts).

dmpoole said:
Bloody glad I read this thread because the missus has just given me permission to make a pilgimage to OCUK and buy an E6600 bundle in a couple of weeks time.

Will a Quad enable me to surf the net, download an MP3, play another MP3 and perhaps Tag another one all at the same time :) (can't wait for the purple shirt adverts).

ohhhh,you might need 2 quad cores to manage all of that.

:D

Rezident said:
So I'm not the only one on a P4! It's good to share the misery.
Couldn't do it i'm afraid Rezident!

Nice fast chip for most things but just couldn't hack its performance in Photoshop. :(

Consequently i just sold it on and have a 2160 winging it's way to me... £50 delivered and brand new too! ;)

Should tide me over!

gt

gt_junkie said:
Couldn't do it i'm afraid Rezident!

Nice fast chip for most things but just couldn't hack its performance in Photoshop. :(

Consequently i just sold it on and have a 2160 winging it's way to me... £50 delivered and brand new too! ;)

Should tide me over!

gt

^_^

I was tempted by the 2160, but I have my mac for photoshop and that. :D

Last edited:
james.miller said:
cant you buy a cheap c2d in the mean time?

yeah i could but i was hoping to just get it all in one go to minimize cost and effort having to replace the cpu later on (i know its not much effort to swap it out but still lol) meh, i'm just bein lazy i reckon :)

My 939 rig has died and i am not having much luck fixing it.

I am tempted to get a quad now.

Is it worth bagging one of these or do you think Penryn will be much better? it is the same architecture pretty much so just a clock boost from the smaller process. nothing a big Fan wont beat. :D

I think the move from 1 to 2 cores is a bigger jump than 2 to 4, once apps start supporting 2 cores it is easy to make them support 2 cores or 8 or even 10 like crysis. :D

Last edited:
Do you mean Nvidia 8800 GFX cards?

They are made by a different company and are unrelated so no. however prices are always dropping.

Samione said:
Does this mean the prices of the 8800's are gonna drop?

Are you high? :confused:

This is about cpu's not gpu's

This is a cpu sub forum

This is a thread with INTEL in the title and is about INTEL price cuts

How on earth would it be related to nvidia and 8800 price cuts? :confused:

I don't mean to offend i just cant see where you managed to arrive at that conclusion.

On topic: I can't wait for these cuts, gonna pick me up another quaddie fo' cheap when they arrive :D:D

Becuase I was under the impression intel own nvidia and they G92's are arriving at some point in the future, I dunno, you're right it was a stupid question, I was just being optimistic about the price of my new rig!

Right-o, well then its understandable, as i said, as harsh as it sounds i didn't mean to offend. :)

Intel and nvidia are totally separate companies anywho, the G92 should arrive the same time frame that the 8800's did, so around Nov.

Back
Top Bottom