Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aln

aln

Associate
everyone in Newcastle seems to be chavs with at least 2 kids even the young fit ones.....

non of them seem to be able to spell at all either

I find if you're searching, filter for "long term" or "seeking a relationship" otherwise you get mostly empty profiles or girls who make no effort.

On Meet Me mostly girls from Glasgow with their hair dyed black with cake mix on their face. Their profiles generally say "I don't know what to put here but a friend made me sign up. Just ask if you want to know more". To me that reads like "I'm stupid, too cool for this, and want to see how many messages I can get".

There is the odd girl who looks like she'd be worth the effort though. I guess thats the only reason I haven't deleted all accounts yet. :p

Was she orange too? :D

Naw, actually pretty normal looking. She isn't the worst but her arms still look bigger than my legs.

On the bright side I got a meet me from a good looking 21 year old. Too young but always gives on hope ones face isn't a total mess. :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
*allan clicks link*

Nice. :)

*allan scrolls down*

http://img.imgur.com/Qkx9OJa.jpg[IMG]

What the actual ****! :(

This.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!

Why o why do they do it! Or they have no picture and then when you send you one its face only or from the classic fat angle. ARGH!

I had one 'athletic' body type, she sent me a picture. That whale? Well think bigger! Gawds!

aln

aln

Associate
Hahaha!

Why o why do they do it! Or they have no picture and then when you send you one its face only or from the classic fat angle. ARGH!

I had one 'athletic' body type, she sent me a picture. That whale? Well think bigger! Gawds!

The first girl who messaged me had no picture.

She had a name which I googled and a stunner came up from the area she lived in. After a few messages I asked if that was her name and she said no thats just for the sexual predators and told me her first name. I google the area, job and name and found her on linked in. A bit more googling and got a picture. She literally could not fit through a door without squeezing in

I actually deleted my account in reaction to that and it took me a few days to recover. :p

Caporegime
Haha, to be fair though.

I messaged a girl with no picture, turned out to be very very pretty. Great personality, infact damn near perfect!

Went on a date with her, got on great loads of conversation and no awkwardness!

Not heard from her since! haha

Soldato
POF for me is like an advert for Northern Ireland. It keeps throwing up stunners in the meet me, making me rage.

Pro tip don't travel to NI for them :p (though there are some exceedingly fit women there...)

I need to mix it up with more messaging as some women are getting boring quickly...

aln

aln

Associate
Haha, to be fair though.

I messaged a girl with no picture, turned out to be very very pretty. Great personality, infact damn near perfect!

Went on a date with her, got on great loads of conversation and no awkwardness!

Not heard from her since! haha

I assume you message hoping that she's decent enough and if she's not you'll no longer be interested though? Kinda makes them not putting pictures up largely pointless.

Also it probably sounds like my expectations are really high, they're not. I'll have a go at messaging the stunners, why not, but the average girls ignore me too.

Pro tip don't travel to NI for them :p (though there are some exceedingly fit women there...)

It's tempting but at the moment I think my range is about an hour town to town. I think it probably works against me that I don't actually live in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Last edited:
ready to give up with online dating. i've had dates, which i'm happy with, but really the amount of time and effort i put into this to get so little back is really shocking. i know if i asked so many of these girls out away from keyboard i'd get far better success, in fact plenty i'd be turning away, however online they seem to be ultra fussy, and it doesn't help that i am too, though imo i'm not as i just don't like the rubbish banter girls who list clubbing as an interest. i've tried match.com now for a weekish and having a worse time.

if i give up now all the effort would have been for nothing, and i keep hoping i'll accidentally stumble across my type of girl on one of these sites, but after really going full pelt, checking almost every day, sometimes a couple times a day since september, and getting what feels like no where i may just give it a break for a while. the girls are also the same girls i've been getting ignored by now for the last few months.

i've literally sent hundreds of messages out to get so few back. i'd like to think i've got thick skin so can take it happily, it's just i know away from keyboard i'd do better, the only issue being i don't like the life i meet new people any more without them being already shacked up.

Associate
ready to give up with online dating. i've had dates, which i'm happy with, but really the amount of time and effort i put into this to get so little back is really shocking. i know if i asked so many of these girls out away from keyboard i'd get far better success, in fact plenty i'd be turning away, however online they seem to be ultra fussy, and it doesn't help that i am too, though imo i'm not as i just don't like the rubbish banter girls who list clubbing as an interest. i've tried match.com now for a weekish and having a worse time.

if i give up now all the effort would have been for nothing, and i keep hoping i'll accidentally stumble across my type of girl on one of these sites, but after really going full pelt, checking almost every day, sometimes a couple times a day since september, and getting what feels like no where i may just give it a break for a while. the girls are also the same girls i've been getting ignored by now for the last few months.

i've literally sent hundreds of messages out to get so few back. i'd like to think i've got thick skin so can take it happily, it's just i know away from keyboard i'd do better, the only issue being i don't like the life i meet new people any more without them being already shacked up.

I wouldn't take it personally. Taking out the party girls/whales/crazies, even the girls who seems relatively normal I don't think all are on there to actually meet up with anyone. Quite a few I've spoke to don't seem to have ever been out on a date with anyone from the site. It's probably more of a feeling lonely/ego stroking activity.

Checking everyday is a bit of an overkill. Just log on every week or so, send a few messages to girls who seem alright, reply if they do, otherwise rinse and repeat. If you put too much effort in you'll just burn out as it's a lot of effort for little reward.

aln

aln

Associate
I wouldn't take it personally. Taking out the party girls/whales/crazies, even the girls who seems relatively normal I don't think all are on there to actually meet up with anyone. Quite a few I've spoke to don't seem to have ever been out on a date with anyone from the site. It's probably more of a feeling lonely/ego stroking activity.

Checking everyday is a bit of an overkill. Just log on every week or so, send a few messages to girls who seem alright, reply if they do, otherwise rinse and repeat. If you put too much effort in you'll just burn out as it's a lot of effort for little reward.

This. I whined a few pages back and postulated why I get ignored. I'm fairly sure the vast majority of girls on it aren't sincere and those who are, are extremely picky because they're getting flooded by guys willing to lie to get in their pants.

You basically have next to no chance from the get go. Slim is better than none, but don't take it personal. I've had 0 dates, I could have had some with girls I'm not attracted to but didn't see the point.

Soldato
Totally. I'd hate the problem of receiving hundreds of seedy messages and sexual proposals - Said no man ever.

i did get a few messages like that from chicks.. one was "im so wet i want you right now"

i don't reply to them but this time i couldn't resist.. i suggested to her to wipe it off with a towel and go for a nap, never got a reply back ;(

Suspended
I remember years back on IRC someone messaging me with "I want your ****". I replied with "Sorry but I'm busy stirring my tea with it right now".

Soldato
^^ not a fan of that one really.

Least favourite is put loads of effort into trying to start a conversation to get a couple of two word responses like shes balancing atop of a very very high horse...

Soldato
One thing I have noticed is you can talk loads and, send lengthy messages but the minute you dont specifically ask a question, you get no response!

Its like if theres no 'question' that's it, not even if you are implying to get a response

WOMEN!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom