Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well I CBA now with the guy I met last week. He's unwilling to travel further than 15 mins to meet me and keeps suggesting I go round to his place instead. No chance. He's now getting ignored :rolleyes:

Soldato
One thing I have noticed is you can talk loads and, send lengthy messages but the minute you dont specifically ask a question, you get no response!

Its like if theres no 'question' that's it, not even if you are implying to get a response

WOMEN!!!!!1

Urgh yeah that one is a right pain! Engage with lots of openings to keep the conversation moving and yet if I don't come out with a big question they dry up quicker than the desert...

Going to assume women who are like that aren't worth the effort probably...

Well I CBA now with the guy I met last week. He's unwilling to travel further than 15 mins to meet me and keeps suggesting I go round to his place instead. No chance. He's now getting ignored :rolleyes:

Well thats nice and rapey!

Associate
pingwing said:
Well thats nice and rapey!

Isn't it, you just know the "Why don't come back to my place, it's not far" would be waiting to be rolled out. Or if you're really paranoid, like me, thinking "Please no further than fifteen minutes away from mine, as after that the effects of the rohypnol make manoeuvring you too awkward"

aln

aln

Associate
Urgh yeah that one is a right pain! Engage with lots of openings to keep the conversation moving and yet if I don't come out with a big question they dry up quicker than the desert...

Going to assume women who are like that aren't worth the effort probably...

The problem is almost all of them are like that, you can even read it in a lot of the profiles "I get a lot of messages, so you need to put lots of effort in for me to respond". Yeah because the guys who aren't desperate are the ones who'll try hardest. Woman logic. :p

Maybe it's an age thing. Are the people who proclaim success actually seeking woman in their 20s?

MisChief said:
Well I CBA now with the guy I met last week. He's unwilling to travel further than 15 mins to meet me and keeps suggesting I go round to his place instead. No chance. He's now getting ignored

Just gonna say I called it. Maybe I should open that agony aunt column after all.

pingwing said:
Least favourite is put loads of effort into trying to start a conversation to get a couple of two word responses like shes balancing atop of a very very high horse...

"Haha" is the most annoying for me. Shall I follow up with someone else funny? Shall I ****.

Last edited:
haha ****es me off too! as people have said you have to ask questions else they just repsond with a basic reply and then that's it convo over, but you have to do this almost every time. very boring

this also annoys me

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=37313973

first picture you see in search results looks very cute, click to view profile and bam fugly girl not my type at all. i've clicked this girls profile in particular pretty much every time i see it as i forget as the first picture to me looks nothing like the rest. if she's paid to see who's viewed her profile and when then i'll look like a right stalker :p

aln

aln

Associate
haha ****es me off too! as people have said you have to ask questions else they just repsond with a basic reply and then that's it convo over, but you have to do this almost every time. very boring

this also annoys me

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=37313973

first picture you see in search results looks very cute, click to view profile and bam fugly girl not my type at all. i've clicked this girls profile in particular pretty much every time i see it as i forget as the first picture to me looks nothing like the rest. if she's paid to see who's viewed her profile and when then i'll look like a right stalker :p

To be fair I don't think she's that bad, though I take the point with the difference between the pictures. Even considering the fact short hair REALLY puts me off, and I wouldn't generally bother with anyone doing the bend over look at my boobs pose, but shes a lot better looking than the girls who message me. That makes me sad. :(

P.S. People who have paid have green dots under their name FYI, and borders around their profile when you search. Don't seem em very often.

yeah in my age range i don't expect to see people paying for pointless extras.

it's the bending over look at my boobs, the short hair which i've only ever like on emma watson, and then about me, i like clubbing, i like to party. Zzzz

it's funny as every single friend i know goes clubbing next to never when they get a partner, which is fair enough clubbing sucks and is only good for one thing, so listing it as an interest and the first thing you write in your profile really is imo stupid as what guy actually wants that in a girl? oh great i'll be dating a party animal, just what i want.

Last edited:

aln

aln

Associate
yeah in my age range i don't expect to see people paying for pointless extras.

it's the bending over look at my boobs, the short hair which i've only ever like on emma watson, and then about me, i like clubbing, i like to party. Zzzz

it's funny as every single friend i know goes clubbing next to never when they get a partner, which is fair enough clubbing sucks and is only good for one thing, so listing it as an interest and the first thing you write in your profile really is imo stupid as what guy actually wants that in a girl? oh great i'll be dating a party animal, just what i want.

I think they just write it to sound "interesting" and "normal". My ex would still go clubbing sometimes when she was with me, though I didn't go with her because I've never really been interested in that scene.

I'm not a big fan of Emma Watson but Halle Berry and Frankie Sandford aren't hot to me basically due to the hair. I can even see why they would be, but I just can't fap to that. :p

What is your age range & how old are you?

Last edited:

aln

aln

Associate
I bloody well hope so. Ima just pretend he said 19* for the moment...

OK mate so all woman are crazy, but those under 23-24 and extra special crazy. Chances of you finding anyone decent for anything real is pretty near impossible / pot luck they'll still like you when their brain starts working.

If you're just wanting sex, you should just lower your expectations, if you want someone decent you should probably be shopping around 23+ (and even then it's a girl by girl basis) and search "Long Term" like I said before. :p

* golden rule = (High age / 2) + 7

@MisChief - Didn't you have one tonight?

Last edited:

aln

aln

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;23902763 said:
I snipped your comment so sorry about that (I am not sorry in the slightest) but not all women are crazy. Some of them are amazing, beautiful, clever, life-changing people.

Naw man. They're pretty much all crazy. It's part of their charm. Doesn't change their ability to be amazing, beautiful, clever and life-changing all the same. :)

[FnG]magnolia;23902763 said:
Just like you.

Oh well thank you.

Caporegime
I suppose I'm lucky then.

What do you guys do in this thread? Compare stories and events? Help each other? I'll admit that I've skimmed it but it seems more like anecdotes rather than advice and helpful stuff which may aid others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom