Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirley a first message should be fairly simple/basic, mainly because they're going to check out your photos and only reply if there's an attraction... long ones when there's no mutual attraction just waste everyone's time, no? Once that's done there's value in sending developed messages/spending decent time doing it.

I don't mean bare bones, but relatively simple.

Well yes and no depending on target audience and intent....

The successful formula is covering 3 basis in the first message, be interesting, memorable and nice. So relating to something off their profile, bringing up something about your self and being friendly about it are the key to a good first message.

A hey how's your bank holiday weekend going covers the polite but doesn't engage her in what you're doing or what she's advertised as her interests when you have a huge opportunity to start a really good conversation/a lot more from just being different and memorable.

Seems a lot of work but 10 mins of effect really demonstrates you're at least properly interested to read about her and try and explain you have mutual interests...

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

I would look into her interests and see if I can engage her that way. For instance, if she put "Likes music" Great, I can use that to ask something along the lines of "So, what type of music is it you're into?" "Have you heard of this band/album" etc, but she's literally listed nothing. No interests yet.

She's only recently signed up, so maybe they'll come later. Perhaps I could add her to my favorites, which would let her know I'm interested at least, and who knows, might even prompt her to get in touch.

It's been over a year and I still can't be bothered replying or sending messages :/ I chatted up one really hot chick in that time, she replied to my surprise but the conversion just wasn't flowing..

The odd thing is that I never got into a messy relationship and my last was dead easy to forget about but it looks like I just don't give a tosh about dating and it's been over a year now! WAT

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

I would look into her interests and see if I can engage her that way. For instance, if she put "Likes music" Great, I can use that to ask something along the lines of "So, what type of music is it you're into?" "Have you heard of this band/album" etc, but she's literally listed nothing. No interests yet.

She's only recently signed up, so maybe they'll come later. Perhaps I could add her to my favorites, which would let her know I'm interested at least, and who knows, might even prompt her to get in touch.

you're doing this all wrong. it seems like you are liking this one girl and that's it, when there is 1 million other girls on that site. chances are you wont get a reply ever so you need to message loads more, 20/30 girls and you may get 1 reply if you're lucky.

don't add her to favourites as that's just creepy, kind of like you're stalker list, i get girls add me to their favourite and we not ever spoke seems odd, and if we had spoke why add me to thei favourite what use is that feature.

you could send any short message and it'll be good enough, literally "hey how you doing", or "you look cute, want to get to know each other? my name is shaun" will do, if she likes you she'll reply.

In my experience girls don't respond to generic messages like those above (they get them all the time and it doesn't make you stand out). I've had far more conversations, even with quite attractive girls, when I just throw caution to the wind and send out humorous, witty, sarcastic, flirty messages. Actually reading a girl's profile and coming up with something funny/witty which relates is the best piece of advice I can give someone. Save the formal stuff for when you actually get chatting.

For example, I was looking at a girl's profile last night who I'd say is a pretty solid 9 and she had "likes random facts" in her profile. I sent her a couple of bizarre facts followed by "Your move" and I got a response early this morning with a few of her own. I'll probably keep this exchange going for a couple more messages to see if she bites and then ask for her number.

In my experience it's best to write an essay that's really poetic and stalkerish and also add her to your favorites, that'll shhow you're a man for the long time and good for babies.

Post an old photo, does everything have to be present day. Im pretty sure, 'this is me when I was younger' is not a bad idea to post. Literally you giving them some history on yourself

lose them glasses you look like 10 years older just with them on

He might need them for something but biggest mistake there is being 6 foot 3 and not making every photo basically look how tall Iam girls. Not as if thats your sole positive attribute but its a dating game and you got a winning card, play it ?

I've been on POF for ages now and been on a few dates but not much to shout about. I seem to get lots of views but hardly any messages. Have asked on here before for advice on my profile and made some changes but still the same amount of response. Any ideas?

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=47229299

Use the 6th picture along as your main picture and get rid of the rest..... Also anyone that you see that you like just send a simple hello, how has your day been today? If they are attracted you they will respond. And your 6th photo makes you look cool and chilled, the rest don't show you at your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom