Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having my first go at this, just firing out messages to the local ladies. Starting to find my standard message of hello, introduce myself, comment about something, ask a question is getting a bit dull. Anyone had success with a different tact to your first message?

Having my first go at this, just firing out messages to the local ladies. Starting to find my standard message of hello, introduce myself, comment about something, ask a question is getting a bit dull. Anyone had success with a different tact to your first message?

I told a joke about trampolines to some girl who said she loved trampolines.

Some other girl said she liked cat videos, so I sent her video of a cat acting like a dog (not the O2 advert).

Another girl said she loves random facts, so I sent her a couple and she responded with some of her own.

I've also used some negs on girls and got responses.

Generic messages, even ones with more substance, can be just as bad as a "Hi :-)" to some girls because it seems like you're trying too hard (at least that's how I'd perceive it). Stand out without creeping them out and you'll get responses.

I told a joke about trampolines to some girl who said she loved trampolines.

Some other girl said she liked cat videos, so I sent her video of a cat acting like a dog (not the O2 advert).

Another girl said she loves random facts, so I sent her a couple and she responded with some of her own.

I've also used some negs on girls and got responses.

Generic messages, even ones with more substance, can be just as bad as a "Hi :-)" to some girls because it seems like you're trying too hard (at least that's how I'd perceive it). Stand out without creeping them out and you'll get responses.
All good advice.

Men to women seem to be either, interesting, creepy or boring.

It's very easy to be boring & lack of skill at being interesting comes across as creepy :D

my friends simply say "hi my name is andrew, how you doing?" or something along those lines, they aren't that great looking, and have to me a standard boring profile. they get enough responses.

girls will either reply or they wont 90% based on your pictures imo. the best times for me when i feel perhaps i've convinced a girl to reply when she may have not, was 1 liners that are based on something in their profile, e.g. a girl had a poster of audrey hepburn which was behind her in one of her photos, i said something along the lines of "what kind of 18 y/o likes audrey hepburn!?" and she replied straight away with a good response, probably because she's not been asked before and it was as though we already had done with the small talk. picking out stuff in their profile can be a just as boring (and creepy) as writing not much as has been said above.

i rewrote my profile a while ago and i'm getting a huge difference in responses/first messages. before i'd never get a first message from girls i like, now i can get 2/3 a day.

one of my fav

"Seeing as you don't first message I've taken the liberty of messaging first - which is a rarity. Not sure if this was intended but your profile had me smiling the whole way through - is it bad I find your bluntness extremely attractive? Looking forward to your reply. Becs x"

Question for you experienced POF'ers, if I get a message that is more than just "Hey", but you know, they're a bad un ... do you reply, or just ignore?

I feel kinda bad for ignoring them, but don't want to get in touch and waste either of our time, you know?

Question for you experienced POF'ers, if I get a message that is more than just "Hey", but you know, they're a bad un ... do you reply, or just ignore?

I feel kinda bad for ignoring them, but don't want to get in touch and waste either of our time, you know?

Ignore.

What do you mean by 'bad un', do you mean like, utter filth/skank/crack ***** or a fatty boom boom.

You have to learn to ignore time wasters so you can focus your time on others who could potentially be the person you end up with. You may get some hate from those you ignore, just ignore that to ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom