Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Planning a third date with the girl I met on OkCupid a couple of weeks ago. We went from just drinks on our first date to a comedy show (with pre and post drinks...) on our second date. For the third I want to take her somewhere decent for dinner.

I need some restaurant ideas for central-ish London. I've so far looked at a 'top 50' list and whittled it down to three promising venues: Balthazer, Bar Boulud, and Patara. I don't want anything too fancy, but a bit of class would be nice.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Soldato
Well I've been shot down by the girl I've been seeing for the past month.. Told her I really liked her and I got a "I don't quite know how I feel yet.. You are lovely though". Great.. right in the feels! :(

Permabanned
I stopped using POF as I thought it was full of trolls.

I now use OKCupid and have had much better luck. Met someone who lives near Manchester, been talking to her for about 8 months now. I am moving to Cheshire in a year and a half which is why I started looking up there - so I would know people already and not have to make friends in a new area.

Soldato
Ok, so I've got a date next week. Can anyone suggest any good first date ideas please?
Just drinks?
I've been advised by friends to avoid ordering food as she may be too nervous to eat.
What do you think OcUK?

Associate
Ok, so I've got a date next week. Can anyone suggest any good first date ideas please?
Just drinks?
I've been advised by friends to avoid ordering food as she may be too nervous to eat.
What do you think OcUK?
the two dates ive had from online dating, i did the following:

Mini golf: I thought it was great, had a good laugh and broke the ice pretty well, but she didnt want a second date and blew me off....

and i also took a girl for a meal and then she suggested we went to the cinema during the meal to go and see Man of Steel (i was like OH YESSSSS) that all went well, but didnt work out, but we ended being pretty good friends.

but your usual, drinks, bowling, meal etc are always good, it not necessarily what you do on the date, its how you act, talk etc...

Soldato
Turns out the girl I've been seeing wants to go out on a proper date now, something we've not really done so far. Guess this is my chance to win her over after she told me she wasn't sure how she felt about me. Planning on taking her out for drinks, meal then a go on the Liverpool Wheel. Hopefully it works as I really like her!

Associate
How do you get a date on PoF?? I managed before and even met my last g/f on it but that was about two years ago, spamming swansons TV dinner just dosent seem to be working this time around :(

Associate
How do you get a date on PoF?? I managed before and even met my last g/f on it but that was about two years ago, spamming swansons TV dinner just dosent seem to be working this time around :(
With luck and also working out the crazies and people looking for ego boosts.
cant sometimes be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
ive been on POF for about 8 months and had two dates, but now ive stopped using it, i dont have the motivation to sit there and send out messages, to get no replys, and even more confidence hits to my ever shrinking confidence with the opposite sex!

Associate
With luck and also working out the crazies and people looking for ego boosts.
cant sometimes be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
ive been on POF for about 8 months and had two dates, but now ive stopped using it, i dont have the motivation to sit there and send out messages, to get no replys, and even more confidence hits to my ever shrinking confidence with the opposite sex!

Nice, im ~7 months here and 0 dates :mad:

Associate
Turns out the girl I've been seeing wants to go out on a proper date now, something we've not really done so far. Guess this is my chance to win her over after she told me she wasn't sure how she felt about me. Planning on taking her out for drinks, meal then a go on the Liverpool Wheel. Hopefully it works as I really like her!

GL dude. :)

Soldato
the two dates ive had from online dating, i did the following:

Mini golf: I thought it was great, had a good laugh and broke the ice pretty well, but she didnt want a second date and blew me off....

and i also took a girl for a meal and then she suggested we went to the cinema during the meal to go and see Man of Steel (i was like OH YESSSSS) that all went well, but didnt work out, but we ended being pretty good friends.

but your usual, drinks, bowling, meal etc are always good, it not necessarily what you do on the date, its how you act, talk etc...

Thanks for the advice :)

I actually thought the same thing.
A Private Gondola? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sure, judge/rate/tear it apart:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=56539079

I think my pics suck and that's probably it. Any opinions chaps?

Credit for effort but needs some changes in my opinion.

Pics are poor. Girls generally don't seem to like a selfie, have you got some pics out with mates or something? If not, do new pics but make it a less obvious selfie.

Profile wise I think you decribe yourself in too much of a masculine way. Drop the references to power rack etc, just say you like keeping fit or weight training. Doubt girls are interested in the details there.

I'd probably drop the whole walnut sandwich thing.

Generally I find a relatively short profile works well with some specific interests. I don't want to post mine but it is set out like this.

A unique interesting fact about me that can open up conversation immediately.

A sentence about my favourite bands and saying that I like going to gigs.

A brief sentence about what I do work wise and my ambition with it.

The kind of person I'm looking to meet.

Try and build some fun in to the text, the odd joke or two but don't force it.

I have also included a lot of interests as it too is a good way to open up conversation. Bands I like, TV shows, food, sports, comedians etc. Be specific so people can identify common interests.

Personally I think your profile just needs to show you are relatively normal, have some good interests and hopefully that you're quite funny. Don't write your profile with the intention of receiving emails. Write it with the intention of getting replies to your emails. In the main, it's the guys job to email the girls so the emails are the most important part. The profile just needs to show you are interesting enough to talk to.

It is still quite difficult to get 'good' dates in my experience but you just need to persevere and don't get disheartened. If you're only looking for one person it might take a bit of time to find them. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom