iOS 5.1 discussion

I had to add Google Public DNS in the end to get my download. Any ideas why I would need to do this to get the update to download when I'm on Sky broadband?

Applied the update and its been tons better. Its like the phone i thought i was getting. 1 day 10 hours in and i have 70% battery. Been on the phone a little bit also.

Reception seems to have improved also. With almost full bars quite a lot of the time. So update has worked for now. See how it goes over the next week.

So many issues with OS5 on my 3GS.. Do i even bother updating and risk it making my phone even more unusable or do i admit defeat and accept what i have. Choices, choices...

Issues like what?

Main issues:

1. In the music player:
- all songs crackle and skip for a few seconds at the beginning.
- album art takes 10+ seconds to show up for each song
- Not a bug, but now a feature apparantly - you can no longer choose how to sort custom smart playlists. Pre OS5 if i had a smart playlist to say show songs from x month to now and sorted them by date added in iTunes then when i synced the playlist showed in that order on the iPhone. Now they show in some random order which is extremely annoying.
2. Phone reboots during phone calls probably 40% of the time.
3. Battery life is crippled. I have Location Services off (including all the ones in System Settings), iCloud off, Notifications off yet if i leave my phone 100% charged and go to bed with no apps running when i wake up the battery is close to dead or so dead the phone is off. During the day the phone lasts about 3 hour before its dead, whether i've used it or not.

The Apple store "Geniuses" suggestion was to restore it (the old have you tried turning it on and off again chesnut), which i've done 3 or 4 times to no avail.

The phone was PERFECT on OS4, i had 0 issues. Put OS5 on and ruined..And the worst thing is Apple wont event let you go back to 4 so i'm stuck with a crippled phone.

Anyone put this on an ipad2 and noticed that the volume selection now doesn't affect the lock/unlock sound with the smart cover? I put mine on one bar so as not to disturb the g/f then I locked the device and CLICK.

It seems sometimes it gets stuck quiet and sometimes loud and it has no bearing on the volume level of the device.

I've noticed something different lately but not sure if it's 5.1 or something else I've changed.

On my 4S, when I opened Safari then the bookmark list would automatically display, now it doesn't. Is this a 5.1 change?

I had great (reasonable) battery life from my 4S before latest software update. Now I'm losing 10% an hour it seems with minimum usage. Some seem to have improved (amongst friends) when mine has got worst. I'm pretty relaxed about it though.

I've noticed something different lately but not sure if it's 5.1 or something else I've changed.

On my 4S, when I opened Safari then the bookmark list would automatically display, now it doesn't. Is this a 5.1 change?
Someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread so I would say "yes"

Well 5.1 seems to have fixed all my issues when playing back music, and i've only lost 1% battery since about 11am. So fingers crossed it wont suddenly drain to 0 or reboot when on the phone anymore!

My battery calibration is so far off for some reason, I've drained it a few times etc. remained on 100% for 6 hours in stand by, it drains very fast when in use but stand by doesn't seem to move. They need to fix this

Back
Top Bottom