** iOS 8 **

Associate
Anyone have any problems with photos/videos being upside down. I know it's possible rotate after but I'm sure it used to be better at detecting the correct orientation.

Soldato
Safari seems really screwed up sometimes on latest version.

Certain things don't always load like clicking on top hit website takes me to google! , even though that wasn't my top hit!

Also when inputting text on websites, occasionally the page does not auto scroll up to see what's being input. ( instead hiding behind the pop up keyboard.)

Last edited:
Soldato
I fixed my WiFi issue by not using 5Ghz. If I use normal 2.4Ghz it works fine.

I'm still getting issues with the touch screen not responding and gestures not working randomly but for now it's out the draw.

Changing to 2.4GHz has made things a lot better for me also.

Associate
Installed it yesterday, on ipad air. Smooth as butter. No issues (yet?) But pity about losing photo app. Iphoto. Games seem smoother too, like asphalt 8 which had minor jerks but now smooth and improvedgfx too. Like a mini console!

Tony

Soldato
Safari seems really screwed up sometimes on latest version.

Certain things don't always load like clicking on top hit website takes me to google! , even though that wasn't my top hit!

Also when inputting text on websites, occasionally the page does not auto scroll up to see what's being input. ( instead hiding behind the pop up keyboard.)

This is the release that finally made me switch to chrome.

Caporegime
iOS 8.0.2 is still such a POS. How did this make it to general release?

My phone constantly drops signal to display "no signal now", it's not my network as it was fine pre-iOS8, and the issue is identical to my GF's phone.

It seems to also just drop Wi-Fi randomly and I will be left with a "Safari cannot display this page" whilst it's deciding if it's on cellphone data or going back to Wi-Fi.

What an awful release.

Soldato
iPad air with 8.0.2 just installed and the wifi is constantly dropping out ....so infuriating....knew I should have left it alone

2.4 or 5GHz? I've dropped down to 2.4GHz until it's sorted. I seem to remember a similar problem with the 7 release (or was it 6) and it was fixed eventually.

iOS 8.0.2 is still such a POS. How did this make it to general release?

My phone constantly drops signal to display "no signal now", it's not my network as it was fine pre-iOS8, and the issue is identical to my GF's phone.

It seems to also just drop Wi-Fi randomly and I will be left with a "Safari cannot display this page" whilst it's deciding if it's on cellphone data or going back to Wi-Fi.

What an awful release.

Yep, same here with those symptoms. Utter toss isn't it?

Someone suggested a page back that I do a full reset to fix, but to be honest I'm not doing it out of spite. Why should I lose everything and start again because they can't get their **** together?

Soldato
Yep, same here with those symptoms. Utter toss isn't it?

Someone suggested a page back that I do a full reset to fix, but to be honest I'm not doing it out of spite. Why should I lose everything and start again because they can't get their **** together?

I've had to reset network settings on virtually every major iOS update. You won't lose everything, just your saved wireless networks.

Commissario
Interestingly, my iPhone 5 with iOS8 seems better when it comes to 3G network connectivity. I often used to get the phone reporting no service and only a full power off and back on again would fix it. It's not happened at all since iOS8 :confused:

Associate
2.4 or 5GHz? I've dropped down to 2.4GHz until it's sorted. I seem to remember a similar problem with the 7 release (or was it 6) and it was fixed eventually.

I've got my router set so as the 2.4 and 5 ghz channels are the same login worked well before the update ....have just reset the network settings you have suggested and see if that helps

Soldato
I've had to reset network settings on virtually every major iOS update. You won't lose everything, just your saved wireless networks.

Annoying if you use iCloud Keychain it'll also nuke them on all your Macs as well. Which is inconvenient.

You might want to turn keychain sync off first before resetting the iPhone settings.

Soldato
Annoying if you use iCloud Keychain it'll also nuke them on all your Macs as well. Which is inconvenient.

You might want to turn keychain sync off first before resetting the iPhone settings.

Ouch, I didn't know that. So that happens if you reset network settings, not a full wipe?

Back
Top Bottom