iPad Mini...

Soldato
I went to town today and got the magnetic cover for mine, sales girl was well friendly and it seems to be just right for it :)

Very pleased with the whole thing now

Soldato
I really don't know what case to go for... ALL of the cases I have looked at seem really cheap and tacky. I do like the smart cover apple do but it doesn't protect the back.

Ideally I would get the smart cover and a sleeve to put the whole thing in but then it is finding a sleeve that can house the mini with a smart cover on :( Not many actual shops stock sleeves so it's not like I can test them out :(

First world problems yo!

Man of Honour
I really don't know what case to go for... ALL of the cases I have looked at seem really cheap and tacky. I do like the smart cover apple do but it doesn't protect the back.

Ideally I would get the smart cover and a sleeve to put the whole thing in but then it is finding a sleeve that can house the mini with a smart cover on :( Not many actual shops stock sleeves so it's not like I can test them out :(

First world problems yo!

Have a look here: http://www.senacases.com/apple/ipad-mini/

Remember, you get what you pay for!

Soldato
Really considering getting myself one of these, was going to hold out to see if the rumoured March release for a retina model were true but have seen that a few reports have now emerged stating this will more likely be in October....

Soldato
Really considering getting myself one of these, was going to hold out to see if the rumoured March release for a retina model were true but have seen that a few reports have now emerged stating this will more likely be in October....

I am in the same boat... I have a 3rd gen iPad at the moment, I was going to wait until March for a retina mini to be released, but with the launch of the 128GB iPad soon it's looking like October now :(

Soldato
Vodafone have offered me an Ipad or the iPad mini as part of some loyalty deal. Ipad 3 for nothing - 16GB with a small monthly fee, but I'm tempted with a 32GB iPad mini.

Spending over £100 a month with them, so assume that'll be the reason for the call. It could cost me little as they've offered extras on my account which would bring my bill down and an ipad.

However are they doing this to clear stock for newer models?

Caporegime
I'm not sure about the mini anymore. I've never seen an iPad in real life (I live in a cave under the sea most of the time) so I was surprised when I had a play with my dad's 9.7" android tablet, which he got this week, by how small the screen looked. I think a mini would be too small for my liking.

Caporegime
I wonder what Apple have done with all the A5X chips they must have made but not put in an iPad 3 which is now discontinued. Wonder if they will power up the next mini?

Caporegime
I should think they'd go with the same 2048x1536 resolution as in the iPad. The only thing that is slightly troubling with that is that the A5X was noted to struggle with retina games which is probably why the A6X was introduced so quickly. So having the first gen iPad mini with the A5 and 1024x768 might be a preferable spec until they get the A6X in the mini.

Permabanned
OP
I should think they'd go with the same 2048x1536 resolution as in the iPad. The only thing that is slightly troubling with that is that the A5X was noted to struggle with retina games which is probably why the A6X was introduced so quickly. So having the first gen iPad mini with the A5 and 1024x768 might be a preferable spec until they get the A6X in the mini.

I think the battery is what we need to worry about the most with an A6X SoC and retina display in the iPad mini.

Back
Top Bottom