*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

I wouldn't go trying to sign up anywhere else yet, a mobile is about the easiest check to pass so they could be meaning something else (like wrong bank details or something not specifically credit check related but that causes their system to say no) and whatever issue O2 have got with you at carphone will be the same at P4U.

You need to get that fixed or you could end up trashing your credit file, ever check gets registered even if you fail.

I wouldn't go trying to sign up anywhere else yet, a mobile is about the easiest check to pass so they could be meaning something else (like wrong bank details or something not specifically credit check related but that causes their system to say no) and whatever issue O2 have got with you at carphone will be the same at P4U.

You need to get that fixed or you could end up trashing your credit file, ever check gets registered even if you fail.

I keep an eye on my credit record and its clean as a whistle. Only thing I can think of is I changed bank this month and the check asks how many years with bank.

Had contracts with 02 and tesco with iPhones without a problem.

I wait and see what they say. Have a feeling try will try the deal again over the phone to avoid quidco which I won't be accepting.

So they wanted to talk to you about the contract because they didn't want to do the quidco or whatever it was?

Cheeky, are you getting it OK or have they managed to trick you out of that by making you do it over the phone?

So they wanted to talk to you about the contract because they didn't want to do the quidco or whatever it was?

Cheeky, are you getting it OK or have they managed to trick you out of that by making you do it over the phone?

aye raging but really wanted the 32gb in white p4u only had it in black on the deal I wanted..

There a number of reviews from people on quidco reporting the same problem.

Edit:

Might be to quick to jump the gun my dispatch order came though with the same order number might get the 80 quid after all

Last edited:
Seriously debating my new Iphone 5 I got for valentines day, I already have a Iphone 4 and for some reason I'm just not Excited to get the Iphone 5. Like it doesn't have any new exciting features which I am looking forward too. Speed wise there might be a little difference opening up apps but it 1-3 seconds really that much of a difference?

Seriously debating my new Iphone 5 I got for valentines day, I already have a Iphone 4 and for some reason I'm just not Excited to get the Iphone 5. Like it doesn't have any new exciting features which I am looking forward too. Speed wise there might be a little difference opening up apps but it 1-3 seconds really that much of a difference?

Same here I can upgrade my 4S in March but im not that tempted by the 5 so will probably wait for sep/oct see what that brings.
IMO you only need to upgrade every 2 generations anyway. Otherwise you don't really "feel" the difference. I went from a 3GS to a 4S and that felt like a massive jump in resolution, camera quality and speed.

The speed difference between a 4 and a 5 is huge, everything is faster. I made the move from 4 to 5 and it was very worth it to me.

I was about to write a list of things you're missing out but then I noticed who the poster was.

To anyone else, don't waste your time.

i only got a 5 because i got a free upgrade from my 4 from my network. at first i all i noticed was the weight. so much lighter. then the size of the screen. really there isn't anything super duper amazing. but hey ho. you like it or you don't

I was about to write a list of things you're missing out but then I noticed who the poster was.

To anyone else, don't waste your time.

Because you cant list 10 good reasons for it that's why..

I literally have it in the box still in front of me, I just don't feel any rush or excitement to crack it open and start using it.

Because you cant list 10 good reasons for it that's why..

I literally have it in the box still in front of me, I just don't feel any rush or excitement to crack it open and start using it.

There are plenty of good reasons, but you ignore them as you can't get said item. Quite simple, you do it every time a new product is released. Over and over again. Boring.

Then give it to me, I'll crack it open and start using it! :p

In other news I'm debating getting a refurb on contract atm. I've seen a £26pm / £80 phone cost, Unlimited mins, Unlimited texts, 1000MB data.

Is that a good/bad deal? :confused:

There are plenty of good reasons, but you ignore them as you can't get said item. Quite simple, you do it every time a new product is released. Over and over again. Boring.

Not really, I just use common sense and don't upgrade my iPhone 4s to a Iphone 5 because of the completely pointless upgrade in terms of hardware.

I am going from the 4 to the 5, that is a noticeable difference. so that's acceptable.

Not really, I just use common sense and don't upgrade my iPhone 4s to a Iphone 5 because of the completely pointless upgrade in terms of hardware.

I am going from the 4 to the 5, that is a noticeable difference. so that's acceptable.

What on earth are you talking about, you didn't mention the iPhone 4S earlier... :confused:

If you think the iPhone is boring (this is your issue it seems, not the size of the upgrade), why not get an Android phone. I suspect you have one anyway, going by your posts in this particular subforum. ;)

The screen on the iPhone 5 feels pretty small, the one on the 4/4S now feels ridiculously small so I'm glad they've made it bigger. There are numerous other good points but you'll say they are pointless on a phone and all the usual guff, so I won't get into that.

It isn't just phones though, it's every single product thread in this forum. Everything is a pointless upgrade unless the previous version is extremely old. The only person you're trying to convince is yourself. :D

Just have a couple of questions regarding Whatsapp on iPhone5 if anyone could help me with I'd be grateful.

Is whatsapp always running in the background? For example lets say I dont open it for 12 hours and someone sends me a message, will I receive the message straight away or will I have to open the app again to retrieve the messages?

Secondly, if i get a notification of a message whilst the screen is off and I unlock my phone, it automatically opens whatsapp unless I press the power button and then unlock the device again. Is there a way to just show the notifcation without opening the app once i slide to unlock?

Thanks in advance :)

Just have a couple of questions regarding Whatsapp on iPhone5 if anyone could help me with I'd be grateful.

Is whatsapp always running in the background? For example lets say I dont open it for 12 hours and someone sends me a message, will I receive the message straight away or will I have to open the app again to retrieve the messages?

Secondly, if i get a notification of a message whilst the screen is off and I unlock my phone, it automatically opens whatsapp unless I press the power button and then unlock the device again. Is there a way to just show the notifcation without opening the app once i slide to unlock?

Thanks in advance :)

You will get notified of messages from whatsapp regardless of when you last used it.

When whatsapp wakes your phone to show you that you have a message, only sliding the whatsapp notification in the middle of the screen will take you straight to the message. The normal slide to unlock should just unlock the phone. The only exception to that would be if you had whatsapp open but just pressed lock rather that going back to the home screen. when you slide to unlock it would then go to the last app you were on. I bet that's what you have done. You could change the notification back to the older blue box style if it suits you better.

Last edited:
Normal slide to unlock opens the app if you unlock the phone immediately (after you get a message), after a short while it reverts back to a normal unlock I believe.

Back
Top Bottom