*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Well I bought it and it seems great so far.

O2 sent a message saying I need to phone them as they had problems with the settings yet I can call, send and receive messages and browse the web just fine. :confused:

Hey how do you find the bigger screen?

Thinking of picking up the 25quid 36pm contract.

Apple tend to control that sort of thing very closely, i wouldn't be surprised if you needed a £30 topup with Three.

You might want to check out smartfonetore, I bought a grade b S3 off them and it had the tiniest mark so a grade A would likely be mint and there's a reasonable saving.

question if I bought an Iphone from apple, and go on say three payasugo and decide i dont like them, do i have to ring apple or three to unlock if i want to move to say orange or o2 afterwards

thanks

question if I bought an Iphone from apple, and go on say three payasugo and decide i dont like them, do i have to ring apple or three to unlock if i want to move to say orange or o2 afterwards

thanks

if you buy it from apple then no, they're unlocked and stay unlocked. If you buy from anywhere else I think there's a risk it might lock and carphone's definitely lock to the first sim and they're a nightmare to unlock.

You do need to topup but you can get the £10 or £15 payasugo pack with it.

Plus you'll need to pay extra to get it unlocked as well. I know O2 charge £15 for pay and go users.

Hey how do you find the bigger screen?

Thinking of picking up the 25quid 36pm contract.

It's great. I have small hands but I don't struggle using it or keeping it safe in my grip. My iPhone 4 feel feels really constricted now. :p

You will also notice the drop in weight, great for using but a little concerning for when you have it in a pocket. I can't really feel it at all so I'm always worried it's escaped me. :D

Apple tend to control that sort of thing very closely, i wouldn't be surprised if you needed a £30 topup with Three.

You might want to check out smartfonetore, I bought a grade b S3 off them and it had the tiniest mark so a grade A would likely be mint and there's a reasonable saving.

Ah hi Matt. How you doing? Been a while since I've spoken to you.

I had a look but she's planning on using three (good news as would need no unlocking) unfortunately that site has no grade a phones which I think she'd like. Do you still get the box etc?

Just finished my Contract on Orange with my HTC Desire.

Very very tempted to get the Iphone 5 on Tmobile for £36pm ( Unlimited net, Txts and 2000mins ).

Anyone else find the novelty of the iPhone 5 has worn off? I've had mine since launch and have just been updating my wife's 4S and actually found myself preferring the shorter slightly fatter feel of it. Admittedly the iPhone 5 looks slightly nicer but in terms of feel I actually prefer the 4S. Sadly it seems the Home button on hers is dying, that'll be the 3rd iPhone in a row where one of the buttons has failed :(

Ah hi Matt. How you doing? Been a while since I've spoken to you.

I had a look but she's planning on using three (good news as would need no unlocking) unfortunately that site has no grade a phones which I think she'd like. Do you still get the box etc?

More than a while! Like 6 years? :)

Anyway, no box but the handsets are immaculate and they're a proper company, much safer than eBay etc.

Anyone else find the novelty of the iPhone 5 has worn off? I've had mine since launch and have just been updating my wife's 4S and actually found myself preferring the shorter slightly fatter feel of it. Admittedly the iPhone 5 looks slightly nicer but in terms of feel I actually prefer the 4S. Sadly it seems the Home button on hers is dying, that'll be the 3rd iPhone in a row where one of the buttons has failed :(

Nope, it's excellent. The screen makes quite a difference once you're used to it, it's also slightly quicker and the battery life is better.

Guys going to order one of these tonight.

Quidco is giving 80 cashback CPWH and 100 pounds from phones4u.

Will my contract be with o2 or the agent?

Also has anyone dealt with them to get it unlocked?

Your contract will be with the network but there's the possibility they could refer you back to CPW or P4U if for example they mess up your contract which is pretty unlikely.

With regards to unlocking you'd be speaking to O2 and I'd expect them to requireyou to have covered a fair chunk of your contract or pay a certain amount to get it unlocked but I'm sure they'd do it, you could call O2 and discuss the technicalities before you sign up, the process will be the same wherever you sign up to O2.

Your contract will be with the network but there's the possibility they could refer you back to CPW or P4U if for example they mess up your contract which is pretty unlikely.

With regards to unlocking you'd be speaking to O2 and I'd expect them to requireyou to have covered a fair chunk of your contract or pay a certain amount to get it unlocked but I'm sure they'd do it, you could call O2 and discuss the technicalities before you sign up, the process will be the same wherever you sign up to O2.

Hiya Matt, long time no see. Hope you are keeping well!

I got my old 4S through CPW but always just dealt with Orange directly after that.

No idea on the unlocking for o2 though. Orange is being with them for 3 months then £15 on bill/topup

Hiya Matt, long time no see. Hope you are keeping well!

I got my old 4S through CPW but always just dealt with Orange directly after that.

No idea on the unlocking for o2 though. Orange is being with them for 3 months then £15 on bill/topup

Hey mate, great thanks :)

anyway, O2 are NOT unlocking IP5 currently, sure that'll change soon though

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI...ion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=17424

Just thinking about it, Carphone supply weird unlocked iPhone 5s that lock themselves to the first network's sim they have put in them. Problem is because they weren't supplied by the network the network often has no knowledge of the phone on their database so can't/won't unlock it.

To be fair I'm not sure if thats just for "sim free" business and their contract handsets are supplied by the networks but it's something worth considering.

Not sure about P4U but it's worth asking about.

Why do you need the unlock anyway?

Cheers for the info Unlocking was just for resale value.

Was going to go for the 16gb at 25£ but if am going to keep the phone for 2 years and I paid the extra 75 and got the 32gb.

I noticed that CPWH have a habit of losing the orders then phoning and get it redone over the phone to avoid paying cashback.

Cheers for the info Unlocking was just for resale value.

Was going to go for the 16gb at 25£ but if am going to keep the phone for 2 years and I paid the extra 75 and got the 32gb.

I noticed that CPWH have a habit of losing the orders then phoning and get it redone over the phone to avoid paying cashback.

Zing just got email from them. dint meet the criteria and they will phone to discuss my options :(

Never got turn down before any anything. Credit rating decent
Guess I try phones4u

Back
Top Bottom