*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

I would love for Tim to tell us that the iPhone we have already seen is a fake leaked by apple over the past few months and for the new iPhone to be completely different.

They did say they were doubling down on security this time and they have been worse than ever!

It's one thing clamping down on internal security at Cupertino etc, but it's nigh on impossible for them to control what happens in China as far as the odd part being swiped off the production line goes, especially with the interest level being so high. Over time enough individual bits have been procured to put together most of the phone (unlike Bargate with the iPhone 4).

It probably irks Apple but it's free press and gets them a boat load of publicity, plus they'll probably be some surprises with the software.

Also: http://www.cultofmac.com/189414/will-apple-save-the-wristwatch/ would be interesting.

They are now looking at the poster artwork for the apple store they have decorated saying its the app icons stretched vertically as a subtle hint. I really hope it isn't just taller. I really do need some extra width. maybe not as much as galaxy 3 but bit more.

If you think about, its not going to happen without completely changing iOS for iPhone altogether and the next version of iOS is already out there.

The only way to make the phone wider would be to make it accommodate 5 tiles and that would make the phone far too wide. It will be taller and that's it. If it were to get any wider it would become a lot more difficult to handle and use one handed, which takes away a lot of function from a phone.

If those mock ups are anything close to the actual thing, what a bunch of fail.

They need to change the design, my 4S is incredibly boring. Just making the screen taller isn't going to cut it.

If you think about, its not going to happen without completely changing iOS for iPhone altogether and the next version of iOS is already out there.

The only way to make the phone wider would be to make it accommodate 5 tiles and that would make the phone far too wide. It will be taller and that's it. If it were to get any wider it would become a lot more difficult to handle and use one handed, which takes away a lot of function from a phone.

It wouldn't because they could reduce spacing between icons or icon size. Or at least give you that option. I know that sounds even less likely but there are options.

I wondered why there were no threads on OcUK in the mobile section about the 5.

Then realised there was a separate apple heathen sub forum and my faith in OcUK geeks was restored :p

Well my 2yr contract ended a month ago with the fantastically crashable HTC Desire so am now paying £5pcm waiting to see what the first IPhone 5 offers come out as :D

If the spec leaks are true I'm not all that impressed, Apple dropping the 30 pin connector is a PITA and this talk of a new nano sim is also a PITA as I just wanted to pop my old sim in the new handset without having to possibly take a new contract with 3.

I've gone from definitely ordering a new one on release to feeling a bit indifferent about it. Hopefully the spec leaks are false.

New connectors and sims are irking me too. I don't think I'll pick one up straight away, still on a 3GS so a 4S would be a nice upgrade if the 5 doesn't prove itself.

It's not really is it?

It's a bloody minor inconvenience :p

The new sim is easy peasy, the switch over to mini sims was simple enough, I fully expect the process to be identical to the last one.

And the new connection is also a sinch, you'll be able to buy an adaptor (if it doesn't come with one) which you will probably be able to leave connected all the time or you just get a load of new cables and replace your existing ones.

Jesus, you lot are such a bunch of old women it's unreal :p

I've got loaaaads of cables though :p

I'm just lazy and enjoy not having to replace them all!

The sim is also more then a minor inconvenience :( I just hope Vodafone can get me one in store.

I've got loaaaads of cables though :p

I'm just lazy and enjoy not having to replace them all!

The sim is also more then a minor inconvenience :( I just hope Vodafone can get me one in store.

lol so have I, and funnily enough, I'll deal with it. Just like every time ANY other manufacturer changes a cable, ever!

Course Voda will be able to supply one, then you ring them up and get it switched, it really isn't difficult...when you get through the queue of being on hold its a 30 second request that takes 'upto' 24hours to go through.

Stop whining :p

I can understand people moaning about new sim but I have no issue going out to get one set up. But for some people it is an inconvenience. The dock however is too big. Its always a worry whenever I go somewhere there is water. Its a huge opening just waiting to get water in. It also looks ugly how big it is.

lol so have I, and funnily enough, I'll deal with it. Just like every time ANY other manufacturer changes a cable, ever!

Course Voda will be able to supply one, then you ring them up and get it switched, it really isn't difficult...when you get through the queue of being on hold its a 30 second request that takes 'upto' 24hours to go through.

Stop whining :p

Suppose your right but it is inconvenient, over the years I've accumulated loads of Apple chargers and now I'm going to have to buy adapters for them all.

Will mobile networks provide nano sims free for people on contracts ?

Why the sarcasm?

25k+ posts in under 10 years = talks utter garbage most of the time

EDIT: just noticed your previous Apple posts. Quite the little Apple fanboi arent we?

No, you just can't grasp simple things. Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.

Let the butthurt flow through your soul.

Why the sarcasm?

25k+ posts in under 10 years = talks utter garbage most of the time

EDIT: just noticed your previous Apple posts. Quite the little Apple fanboi arent we?

LOL!

Instead of jumping at me, why not think a little before you post?

The connector is completely different (assuming that the leaks are true) - of course its is going to write all the docks off, Apple aren't stupid, they will release an adapter with the phone so you can still use your existing cables etc, but without it you won't be able to. It is completely obvious?

And no I'm not an Apple 'fanboi' yes I use a lot of their products - why? Because I like them. But you'll never see me cutting down other operating systems - if you have a look at the Windows forums you'll see me praising the merits of Microsofts SCCM.

And no it's not talking utter garbage most of the time, it's called being active. 25k over the course of a decade REALLY isn't that much.

Back
Top Bottom