*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

The iPhone 5 doesn't show me anything crazily amazing, however it is a slight upgrade from an easy to use smart phone with features most people will use. However, there are other phones out there that can offer a bit more, however there are people who may not want that bit more and just want a basic easy phone that simply works for them.

The biggest issue is going to be contract price. I'm pretty sure something like the S3 is going to be a good fair bit cheaper than the ip5 on contract. It's hard for me at the moment to see where the extra cost is going.

Some one mentioned earlier I can get the S3 and trade my ip4 in for a Samsung 7" tablet.

Question for those saying that Apple haven't innovated enough / changed enough: which new hardware features would you have liked to see in the iP5?

I guess NFC is the obvious one, but beyond that?

Have had a 3GS for 3 years now, will wait until iPhone 6 comes out before thinking about an upgrade.

Disappointed with Apple today.

What on earth would have made you upgrade then? The iPhone 4 was reason enough to ditch the 3GS, nevermind the 4S and 5!

£447 at current exchange rates in Hong Kong for the base model iPhone5....

I happen to be there for 2 weeks from the 26th..... What are the chances of getting one eh

What on earth would have made you upgrade then? The iPhone 4 was reason enough to ditch the 3GS, nevermind the 4S and 5!

I'll ask the reverse why would I want to ditch my perfectly good 3GS for a 4, 4GS or now a 5?

I'm not going to switch to Android phones after 3 years with iOS, spent too much on apps, and as my 3GS does everything a need I'll stick with it for another 12,18,24 months.

Last edited:
Question for those saying that Apple haven't innovated enough / changed enough: which new hardware features would you have liked to see in the iP5?

I guess NFC is the obvious one, but beyond that?

I know it seems a little petty but I don't think that it matters. It boils down to perception and seeing the same device repeated over and over doesn't cut it any more. It's stupid but unless consumers see things changing and see differences then they'll eventually stop seeing it as value for money.

Personally I'd like to see a shift away from the UI with only icons. I'd like more 'at a glance' info rather than having to drill into apps to get it. I'd also like to see some more customisation available to users.

That sucks :(

Ive had my 4s since release day, so i still have ages on my contract, do you think orange will supply me with a nano sim if i tell them im purchasing an iphone 5 sim free?

I'm sure some of them will try it on with new packages and deals or fees for using a nano sim. I'd actually rather hold off a month before finding out.

I agree, it's all pretty flat really. I imagine if you got the 4s on a 2 year contract last year you wouldn't be too upset with this offering or feel you were missing out. Naturally they all seem to be running out of ideas. Which is understandable and in time will start to push the prices of these devices down when they don't have wow new features to sell phones.

Ok I can now say that if you have a 4S, THERES NO POINT Upgrading. You just wont notice the difference at all...

I phone 3Gs, 4 Users can do, but if your upgrading from the 4S, go do one

Ok I can now say that if you have a 4S, THERES NO POINT Upgrading. You just wont notice the difference at all...

I phone 3Gs, 4 Users can do, but if your upgrading from the 4S, go do one

There he is, Jimzy boy. Just comedy now. :p

They could be giving away a free Veyron with each iPhone purchase and he'd start banging on about speed limits.

That is just a silly statement, blurry, ffs.

I mainly mean that text looks so unpleasant and rough around the edges.

When I got my 4, I put my 3G away for a couple of weeks until I came to sell it. When I got the 3G out again, I couldn't believe that I'd used a screen with such poor text quality for so long.

Whether you subscribe to the 'retina' stuff or not, the higher resolution was a game-changing experience.

Last edited:
I'd disagree Jimz, if you have invested in the Apple world, love Apple devices and want a new phone then there is every reason to upgrade. The more telling statement is if faced with the option of an iPhone 5 or a Galaxy S3 (or any other new top end mobile device), does the Apple device have enough to offer to swing the decision... or will you just feel like a 'Johnny Come Lately' to the iPhone parade?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom