*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

This is depressing - just backing up and restoring my 4S... ready to go to Envirophone :( I'll miss her for the next 2 weeks!!

Dug my banged up 6230 out the cupboard... the battery is knackered as well which will prove interesting!

The iPhone 5 doesn't show me anything crazily amazing, however it is a slight upgrade from an easy to use smart phone with features most people will use. However, there are other phones out there that can offer a bit more, however there are people who may not want that bit more and just want a basic easy phone that simply works for them.

I hope your not saying its a slight upgrade from your 3GS? That should be silly.

lol i almost choked on my cider when i came home tonight to relax and read teh news .....give it another 3 gens and it will be apple mac prices lol

sorry i'll stick to old style ki800i and for calls and texts and do my internet where it shoudl be ...on my pc .. the only thing that is really interestign me is 4g but cant see it anytime soon in my area ... and by then i'll propably be usign fibre optic

Reckon apple should have retained the original thickness of the 4 and fitted a bigger battery for a start. Once apple finally give users the option of adding a micro SD card to expand the storage, I might consider an iphone but until then i'm sticking with my S3. Using both a iphone 4 and the S3, i can't find any reason to choose the iphone over the S3. Both iOS and android work well for what i do and both phones can do what i need, but i find the S3 has those extra features that suit my needs. (changeable battery and SD storage)

Last edited:
Reckon apple should have retained the original thickness of the 4 and fitted a bigger battery for a start. Once apple finally give users the option of adding a micro SD card to expand the storage, I might consider an iphone but until then i'm sticking with my S3.

This! I said exactly that to a friend of mine earlier, keep the size and expand the battery!

The storage wouldn't be an issue if they made a 128gb model and didn't charge hellish amounts for the extra memory!

Reckon apple should have retained the original thickness of the 4 and fitted a bigger battery for a start. Once apple finally give users the option of adding a micro SD card to expand the storage, I might consider an iphone but until then i'm sticking with my S3.

They won't.

I can't think of a way of having the microSD option without making it fiddly. In other words so the user doesn't have to get involved like on Android. Unless it treated it as one large drive requiring a factory reset to change it?

£529 is eye-watering so I expect contracts to follow in a similar eye-watering way. If you want anything more than the base 16GB it's crazy money. The phone is seriously nice but I'm just failing to see how it justifies say £229 over a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean. Plus the iOS UI is in much need of an overhaul. Static icons are becoming pretty dated with widgets on Android and Live Tiles on Windows 8/Windows Phone.

Also iTunes 10.7 is available for download now.

I find the tiles on Windows pretty, like the rest of the OS but they don't really add anything to the usability and I find it quicker to get around iOS (especially with that annoying Back button windows has).

Last edited:
How big is the actual battery, does anyone know?

Rumor was it was a 1440 but much thinner then the 4S 1430, which means the SoC should be doing a lot of the battery saving, given the screen size increase.

I would have liked a slightly thicker phone with a much bigger battery, the Droid M has a 2000mh battery and it isnt really much bigger, that in a iPhone5 would have made it a much better phone overall.

http://allthingsd.com/20120912/inte...w-connector-but-not-nfc-or-wireless-charging/

While Apple managed to pack a bunch of new technologies into the iPhone 5, the company opted not to include the wireless charging found on Nokia’s Lumia 920 or the near field communications technology found in the Galaxy S III. Though some saw Apple’s Passbook feature as a perfect companion to NFC, Apple opted not to include the technology in the iPhone 5. Passbook is used to store loyalty cards and gift cards as well as things like boarding passes and baseball tickets.

In an interview, Apple Senior VP Phil Schiller said that Passbook alone does what most customers want and works without existing merchant payment systems. It’s not clear that NFC is the solution to any current problem, Schiller said. “Passbook does the kinds of things customers need today.” As for wireless charging, Schiller notes that the wireless charging systems still have to be plugged into the wall, so it’s not clear how much convenience they add. The widely-adopted USB cord, meanwhile, can charge in wall outlets, computers and even on airplanes, he said. “Having to create another device you have to plug into the wall is actually, for most situations, more complicated,” Schiller said. As for why the company is changing the dock connector that has been on nearly all iPhones and iPods since 2003, Schiller said it simply wasn’t possible to build products as thin as the new iPhones and iPods without changing the cord. Hence, the new “Lightning” connector. That said, Schiller said that Apple doesn’t take changing the connector lightly. “This is the new connector for many years to come,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom