*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Soldato
Physically yes, technically not a chance. Firstly the iPad 3 has a quad core gpu and all that jazz and obviously the retina display. A huge difference.

Apple throwing in tech no dev will use for at least the next 2 years. I went from an iPad 2 to a 3 and see it now as a waste of money. Same can be said about the iPhone 4 to 4S. Different tech but nothing there to use it to justify the upgrade. Hopefully the iPhone 5 wont be iPad 3 tech in a smaller case.

Soldato
I heard that was down to Steve Jobs himself. With him not around to keep the ship so tightly run there are a lot more leaks.

To be honest, I'd take that rumour with a pinch of salt :p

New one looks worse than the outgoing model imo:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/06/newiphoneshell.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think I'm starting to prefer the new look...

Soldato
Can't say I'm a fan of the 2-tone finish, I'm holding out though to see what the finished product is like. Would like to stay Apple as I find Android horrible to use (and I don't see any other real alternatives), but that depends on how much of a leap the New iPhone is compared to my 4.

If it's another micro-update albeit slightly taller screen and better camera, I might not consider it.

Soldato
Can't say I'm a fan of the 2-tone finish, I'm holding out though to see what the finished product is like. Would like to stay Apple as I find Android horrible to use (and I don't see any other real alternatives), but that depends on how much of a leap the New iPhone is compared to my 4.

If it's another micro-update albeit slightly taller screen and better camera, I might not consider it.

If it's a "micro-update", there will be many many people disappointed... :(

It has to include NFC technology... PLEEEEASE :p

Soldato
Yeah, as Much as I like Apple products, I hope this won't be a case of them saying "Wow, look. We made this beautiful two-tone metal and glass case with a gorgeous 4" display" and then forgetting everything else and relying on iOS 6.

Soldato
With everyone expecting a large update when the 4S was released, they would be stupid to do a micro update again, although saying that, I'm not sure what they could put in it that I need...

The sad thing is I'd upgrade just because I can and don't want top switch to android etc... which I think is true for many people. You invest so much in one system and it is hard to switch (similar in photography... do you go Canon or Nikon).

Maybe a better camera, faster etc... but not sure what new stuff they could put in it that I need?

Soldato
Yeah, as Much as I like Apple products, I hope this won't be a case of them saying "Wow, look. We made this beautiful two-tone metal and glass case with a gorgeous 4" display" and then forgetting everything else and relying on iOS 6.

They couldn't do that as both iP4 and iP4S get iOS6 so people will question why the upgrade... As to what they should include that is new is beyond me. As I said above though, most people (myself included) will just upgrade anyway... They only thing stopping most people will be the change in connector, guaranteed!

Think of all the guys (mass generalisation) who will upgrade and their girlfriends (another mass generalisation) who are stuck with their white 4S... No longer can they share cables/docks etc...

Soldato
They couldn't do that as both iP4 and iP4S get iOS6 so people will question why the upgrade... As to what they should include that is new is beyond me. As I said above though, most people (myself included) will just upgrade anyway... They only thing stopping most people will be the change in connector, guaranteed!

Think of all the guys (mass generalisation) who will upgrade and their girlfriends (another mass generalisation) who are stuck with their white 4S... No longer can they share cables/docks etc...

The connector had to be changed to allow more room inside the phone. Besides the current connector is probably about 10 years old. A connector change every 10 years is appropriate in my opinion. They will be selling an adapter though if required.

Soldato
If Apple see it as a huge hinderance, the adapter will be provided.
Apple like most corporations are greedy, but unlike some they understand you have to give a little sometimes to make a lot.

Associate
I really hope that isn't the new iPhone. I'm surprised you guys seem to like it, it's very ugly for an Apple product.

Caporegime
I really hope that isn't the new iPhone. I'm surprised you guys seem to like it, it's very ugly for an Apple product.

I like it, although I wouldn't care, all you can see of my iphone 4 is the screen as it's in a protective skin and has screen and back protectors :p

All I would see with this is the exact same thing. I very very rarely see anyone use one without a case or at least back protection so the two tone really isn't an issue.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't think the leaked mock-up looks particularly great, but all manner of things could be wrong with it, the finish, the colours - who knows. The idea will certainly work and I see no reason why Apple won't pull it off - they're the best when it comes to this sort of design work.

We'll have a far better idea of how nice the design is when it's actually released (obviously :p).

Back
Top Bottom