• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Still using a 4 here as the 5 wasn't IMO a big enough step to warrant the extra cost so I am looking forward to the 6 as it comes out a few weeks before my contract ends.

I think it is the Sony advert that has the tag line "Better not bigger" which is exactly what Apple need to do. IMO a phone should be small enough to use with one hand therefore if I can't reach the whole screen with my thumb it is too big.

rpg

rpg

Associate
Have you used an iPhone 5? There is no such problem with iPhones - I think that advertisement was actually a dig at Samsung/HTC etc. not Apple. And they're unlikely to make it harder to use with the 6; Apple have long been all about ergonomics.

I skip a revision myself as I fell that gets me the best bang for buck, but skipping 3 revisions is overkill, in my opinion of course. There are vast improvements between the 4 and the 5S, in every aspect of the user experience. I struggled with the speed of an iPhone 4 two years ago, let alone now. And I'm not referring to gaming/high memory apps, just general day-to-day use and apps.

But one thing's for sure - you'll be damn pleased with the iPhone 6 coming from an iPhone 4! :)

Soldato
I struggle to believe this chart. I've had an S3 and a Moto X, and my G2 seems quicker than both.

Difference aren't huge, my point is all these phones have a much larger battery then the iPhone and it is one area where it is really bad against the competition. If it does get a bigger screen and subsequently a bigger battery we could easily push 3 hour+ charge time if it doesn't adopt some of the new tech that is used in the Note3 for example.

Soldato
Have you used an iPhone 5? There is no such problem with iPhones - I think that advertisement was actually a dig at Samsung/HTC etc. not Apple. And they're unlikely to make it harder to use with the 6; Apple have long been all about ergonomics.

I skip a revision myself as I fell that gets me the best bang for buck, but skipping 3 revisions is overkill, in my opinion of course. There are vast improvements between the 4 and the 5S, in every aspect of the user experience. I struggled with the speed of an iPhone 4 two years ago, let alone now. And I'm not referring to gaming/high memory apps, just general day-to-day use and apps.

But one thing's for sure - you'll be damn pleased with the iPhone 6 coming from an iPhone 4! :)

Evidence I should proof read my posts before submitting. I wasn't clear but I know it was a dig at Samsung. I was continueing the discussion from above of people wanting a bigger screen which I am all for it being bigger than the 5 so long as the phone itself isn't much bigger in total dimensions.

With a lot of phones being on 2 year contracts, it makes sense to get every other generation. My choice was either upgrade to a 5 or take a 2 year sim only, which I could have still upgraded to a 5s and while my 4 does struggle at times it is bearable. One reason to wanting to upgrade also is, the 4 struggles with ios7 nevermind ios8 that is even if the 4 is still supported.

Soldato
I'm not sure I'm going to get the 6 bigger better phones out there and apple is really restrictive in what formats you can play videos on etc. For me i'm going for something slightly more open next time round of course i can be swayed...

Soldato
I'm not sure I'm going to get the 6 bigger better phones out there and apple is really restrictive in what formats you can play videos on etc. For me i'm going for something slightly more open next time round of course i can be swayed...

The video restriction was the only thing that annoyed me... once you put your stuff in the correct format though and get it streaming through your devices and house its a much better experience (imo)

Soldato
The video restriction was the only thing that annoyed me... once you put your stuff in the correct format though and get it streaming through your devices and house its a much better experience (imo)

But you have that added work, its one of the things I love about Android. Being really into Anime I can throw a AAC anime file on my phone and it works, not issues and I really just love that.

On the iPad I also tend to convert stuff, more to try and reduce the black pars as much as possible, not paying to waste 35% of my screen on a black par Lol.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Waiting for a 6 then i will pick up a 5S on the cheap, i can stick with Galaxy S2 a little longer, maybe..

Soldato
Waiting for a 6 then i will pick up a 5S on the cheap, i can stick with Galaxy S2 a little longer, maybe..

Well the rumour was that they were going to sell the 5S, a 4.7" iphone 6 and a 5.7" iphone all side by side, so the price of a 5S might not drop much. Look at 2nd hand Ipad 2 prices. Mad for a 3 year old tablet but as apple still sell them, they all seem to get £200+. I've seen plenty of base models go for £240. I really should sell mine:(

Associate
Well the rumour was that they were going to sell the 5S, a 4.7" iphone 6 and a 5.7" iphone all side by side, so the price of a 5S might not drop much. Look at 2nd hand Ipad 2 prices. Mad for a 3 year old tablet but as apple still sell them, they all seem to get £200+. I've seen plenty of base models go for £240. I really should sell mine:(

You mad? There is no way they will sell a 5.7" iPhone.
That's crazy even by Samsung standards and that is saying something

Soldato
You mad? There is no way they will sell a 5.7" iPhone.
That's crazy even by Samsung standards and that is saying something

That's just what most of the rumour pages on tech radar etc say. Some say 6"! It's not something I'd buy myself. the rumours for iphone 5, 5C and 5S were all fairly true apart from the 5C price. Who knows.

Man of Honour
If they do release two sizes, I think one will be 4" and one will be 4.7 or 5". I think it's more likely there will be just one flagship model as usual and it'll be 4.5/4.7". Done right it isn't too big in the hand. Just look at the Moto X (4.7) next to the iPhone 5 for example.

I'd be very surprised to see a phablet size iPhone, especially when the iPad mini isn't that much bigger than 6"~.

Associate
If they made the phone identical to the 5S but added 240fps video they could charge double and I'd pay.

That slow mo video is a killer app for me. Along with the finger print unlock, not sure I could go back to a non-finger print unlock phone (basically iPhone since Apple have the patent for optical fingerprint scanning I think)

Back
Top Bottom