• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
You were destined to send it back judging by this thread so far, either you've been remarkably unlucky or remarkably sensitive.

Personally, this is a major step up from my 5S for sure. Loving it.

Have a 6S Plus here too, that I'm having to use in the interim. That's perfect build wise, except for being massive.

Soldato
So I've done the previously unthinkable and purchased my first ever iPhone...

Ordered a 64GB iPhone 6S to give it a go and pick it up on Tuesday from John Lewis, managed to get around £12 cashback on it through my employee offers thing so around £608 it will cost me.

It's going to replace my S6 Edge which I'll look to sell up now, will be interesting to see how I get on with iPhone since I've resisted pretty much up until now to actually give it a go.

Associate
Anyone here move from android? Liking it so far? Think I'm going to ditch my s6edge+ for a 6s plus

Everyone I almost know has a iphone..
I did... I moved from Nexus 5 to iPhone 6s on Friday.

Notes:
Let the Move to IOS app run its course without touching the android phone. DON'T TOUCH YOUR ANDROID PHONE WHILE IT IS RUNNING, OK?

I did, and the end result was stuck iphone. Just better wait for the transfer to run it's course.

Other than that, I'd say it is quite smooth transition.
Anyone got any good 60FPS/4k/240FPS/12MPx footage from the new camera yet? :)
Good, I don't know, but I have some 60FPS and 4K content at sunset conditions:
http://www.youtube.com/user/dlite83

60+ FPS videos are difficult to upload properly.

Last edited:
Associate
i recently got accepted for a contract for an iphone 6s plus 64gb. bought an s6 outright in june and do like it but the screen is too cramped for what im used to and would like to use the kindle app. going to be strange going from all my life using android on a phone to using ios. can anyone tell me if recent versions have made it less locked down and more customisable ? wouldnt mind jailbreaking it to do some game emulation, one thing i love about the s6 but again, too cramped for me.

Commissario
This 6S is going back for an exchange- dodgy power button and a very yellow screen compared to my 6 and g/f's 6S. Apple seem to be cost cutting on their quality control more and more nowadays.
The yellow screen may be nothing to worry about, I seem to remember hearing reports of yellow screens with pretty much every release. It's something to do with the adhesive and after a couple of days use, it clears.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Anyone else finding it really difficult to bring up multitasking using 3D touch on the new handsets?

Takes some practice I've found. Key thing is pressing on the correct part of the screen with the correct pressure and don't expect it to instantly go into app switcher when you drag. Sometimes it can be almost half way across the screen before it pops into app switcher.

Soldato
Loving the step up from the 6 to the 6S Plus. I have no idea why I didn't get the Plus last time. I think part of me thought it would be too big, and I also had an Android as my main phone, and an iPhone for work. But after using them both for a few months I was finding myself using the Android less and less.

Only 2 issues so far I've seen.

When it unlocks, which is stupidly quick, there is sometimes a slight delay in the unlocking, it'll start to render the desktop, then pause slightly, before finishing. Happened a few times, and not seen any particular reason as to why.

And my Home button seems to click quite a bit louder than my previous one. It's not the end of the world though.

Other than that, using it all weekend in London, I am really appreciating the extra battery life that comes with the Plus.

Associate
@Ghosteh

Regarding
When it unlocks, which is stupidly quick, there is sometimes a slight delay in the unlocking, it'll start to render the desktop, then pause slightly, before finishing. Happened a few times, and not seen any particular reason as to why.

I have the same issue on my 6S Plus. I thought it was a fault but am assuming with a software fix should do it. Just glad it's not only me.

Man of Honour
The yellow screen may be nothing to worry about, I seem to remember hearing reports of yellow screens with pretty much every release. It's something to do with the adhesive and after a couple of days use, it clears.

They haven't used glue like that for a long time.

All screens like this tend to be either blue or yellow, it's been a theme for a while with phone screens. Yellow tends to provide a more natural tone to things, I believe, so it could even be deliberate.

Anyway, the chap you're responding to loves a good moan, if you haven't noticed!

Associate
upgraded from a 16gb 5S to a 64gb 6S plus - the difference is remarkable in size, seems about as fast as my old phone though with ios9 which says a lot about how decent the 5s still is.

3d touch is cool, but the implementation feels tacked on, it'll be interesting to see what app developers can do with the extra dimension in the future though. Live photos are nice but beyond moving wallpapers i'm not seeing much point and i'll be turning it off 99% of the time. At the moment these really aren't the killer features apple want them to be.

Photo quality in low light is not great, so. much. noise. The low light examples used in the keynote are an outright lie imho - this is the thing i'm considering switching to android because of. I expected the camera to be way beyond my old handset but it's not enough of a leap and it's the same if not worse than the other competitors.

Caporegime
On my iCloud it still says I am signed into my 5S, but I wiped it yesterday (clicking delete everything) and didn't sign back in with my iCould details ( I did click the app store app to see if I was signed in there and I wasn't and skipped that step of the set up process, I wont still be signed in will I?

Caporegime
Well I've just been to check with GAME and they checked for me (showing me the phone too) and I was signed out of iCloud on it.

Going to change my password just in case though.

Back
Top Bottom