• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Commissario
Well I've just been to check with GAME and they checked for me (showing me the phone too) and I was signed out of iCloud on it.

Going to change my password just in case though.
Did you specifically switch off Find my iPhone? That doesn't get switched off during a reset for security purposes. Simply signing out of iCloud doesn't do it.

Caporegime
Did you specifically switch off Find my iPhone? That doesn't get switched off during a reset for security purposes. Simply signing out of iCloud doesn't do it.

Hmmm, I don't think I did to be honest. Will that cause it to show up on the mydevices of icloud settings and then say you are signed in and running iOS8, OSX, or watch OS on these devices.

If I wiped my phone first (obviously didn't turn off find my iphone) but it was all clear of my apps/contacts/messages etc and I wasn't signed in to the app store app or anything else and my password has now changed I don't need to worry about anything do I?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well I've just been to check with GAME and they checked for me (showing me the phone too) and I was signed out of iCloud on it.

Going to change my password just in case though.

If you didn't go in and disable Find My iPhone and sign out of iCloud before you erased the phone then it isn't signed out. You'll have to do it remotely otherwise it will remain active on your list of devices

Caporegime
But I saw it in the settings menu asking to sign into an icloud account and mine wasn't listed...I guess I will pop back after work and just sign out of find my iphone on it. Will be the easiest thing to do.

Man of Honour
The device won't be signed in to an iCloud account since it was erased. But because you didn't sign out of it before you erased, as far as your iCloud account and Find My iPhone is concerned, your device and its serial is still registered to your account

This is why you'll have to do it remotely now and not on the phone. Only way you could do it on the phone would be to restore from a backup (may work as a new phone, not sure), sign back in/re-enter your password then sign out of it/disable Find My iPhone.

Caporegime
Oh boy that sounds like a ballache. So to do it remotely I just remove the device from my icloud and that's that?

Lesson learnt, this is the first i device I've sold.

:o

Sorry for the n00b questions.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Right, i'm completely new to the iPhone and it's not by choice. Work have replaced my Sammy.

Currently, I have all my web shortcuts saved in my Google account which are viewable on my wallpaper via a widget. Very handy.. Now how do I do this on the iPhone6??

Associate
So, now the British voice for Siri has decided to stop working? It's not a problem with Siri, because it still works in any accent other than British, so god knows why American and Australian work fine.

Language is also still set to UK English... Curious!

Associate
Bought a brand new sealed 6s plus 64gb off ebay for £719.99, arrives Wednesday! The listing was actually £800 but ebay had a voucher code for me to reduce electronic items by 10%, so I get to play with it 3-4 weeks early for £20 extra.

Selling my current iPhone 6 to my dad for £300, doing him a favour with that :)

Soldato
Anyone had any issues where Settings seems to crash too? Have to open task switcher and swipe close settings to reopen it. Not noticing anyway to reproduce it, but it has happened a few times.

Back
Top Bottom