iRacing

Cheers guys, actually found that link just after i posted, should help (should have googled first) Ahh! i think its the spring setting, forgot that was 100% always had it off for the logi, right off to test again - seems iracing got a little more complicated on the ffb side of things since i last played.

So wanting to set up a proper frame rig, but need my puter for day to day work as well, so a compromise between desk and rig for me unless I win the lottery. Can't afford to have my 3930 and 7990 as a rig only.

Stand has just come, set it up all up on there. I just cant get a hang of where to brake without a racing line on!! Mainly in iracing. I had a go on Race07 and faired much better.
Also what settings for FFB etc.. would you all recommend?

For iRacing I'd recommend lots and lots of practice.

Look on YouTube for hot laps of the car and track combination you are practicing. Preferably the ones that are from in car that show pedal input and gears.

Don't drive it like a game, drive it like a car.

Last edited:
For iRacing I'd recommend lots and lots of practice.

Look on YouTube for hot laps of the car and track combination you are practicing. Preferably the ones that are from in car that show pedal input and gears.

Don't drive it like a game, drive it like a car.

Ive switched to H pattern gears in the mx5 and found it much much easier!! More like a normal car and actually a lot more fun that the seqential. That my problem im driving like a game just cant judge speed, i think i need to go really slow for many laps and just gradually increase speed.

iRacing just sent me a code to get 50% off a one year memebership. I haven't played in a week, I think they are trying to make sure I don't leave :p

I think that I need to get a wheel stand pro or something similar since I get too lazy for setting the wheel up :D

The requirements are quite low :
Intel Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2
 or higher
NVidia GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 or above graphics adapter recommended
2 GB system RAM
6 Gb free hard disk space

Should be OK in my experience - was playable on a Shuttle I messed around with the other week with an X2 3800+ / ATI 4850 at 1680x1050.

Runs stunningly well on the rig in my sig considering the age of most of it. Usually get 84fps (Which seems to be the maximum) on high settings at 1920x1200. Only the newer tracks like Spa drop it a little into the mid-high 70s.

Lets see some pictures of your handy work.:D

Will get some tonight.

Had a few good races and starting to be in the top 5 of ovals consistently now for parts of the race (beginning) before the inevitable rookie pileup. Such a lottery on the ovals, no matter how careful you are. Was leading for 17 laps the other night and was overtaken. 1 lap later the new leader sideswipped a back marker and I had no where to go but straight into both of them :(

Back
Top Bottom