iRacing

Knightstalker what was your name in VROC do you remember me and my brother Dik.

Not sure if i was/on used VROC or not now, i dont remember the names of the guys i used to race with either :( was quite a while ago now. Think a lot of the time it was hosted servers against friends.

Question about the hosted sessions, does SR and IR get affected in those, not been in a private hosted session before.

Well progressed out of Rookies for Oval and Road. Just purchased $93 worth of content including the Skip Barber. Boy is that thing twitchy :)

Should be plenty to keep me going for a good few months learning this car and all the tracks.

Does anyone have any Skip Barber setups they can let me have please ?

Well progressed out of Rookies for Oval and Road. Just purchased $93 worth of content including the Skip Barber. Boy is that thing twitchy :)

Think I'll be getting a bulk buy of tracks on payday next week too. Found myself back in the Mazdas lately due to not being able to participate in the Skip. Is there a way of knowing which tracks the series will be using next season yet? Are they the same each season? Very tempted by the Mclaren at the moment too!

Cat: For the Skip the biggest factor for me is brake bias. Don't be too proud to dial it all the way up. The car becomes a more stable under braking then.

Harder to turn as well, but I can't steer with the back end anyway. I prefer using the wheel, even if it makes me slow. :-)

Rob: Next season's track lists are already out... schedule should be somewhere off the main page. There are usually a few track changes, but mainly layout rather than course.

Spils: DK's post made it clear none of us will be able to drive it anyway, so you're probably missing nothing. :-) I loved GPL but the 49 in rF2 is beyond my skills. I doubt the iR version will be any easier. Quite the opposite.

Does anyone have any Skip Barber setups they can let me have please ?

If you go to any of the Skippy race threads they usually have a fantastic OP with guides/videos and such.

If you go to this one - http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3202329.page

They have a few helpful links and the baseline setup everyone uses at the bottom. It also comes with notes on the setup that tells you what everything does so you can tweak it to your liking.

The skippy doesn't have much setup options at all really so it isn't too difficult.

Side by side comparison of the Lotus 49 around Mosport between GPL and iRacing.

What Huttu said about it after posting the video

Well I don't want to talk too much about it, looks like it'll be out tomorrow anyway so you can test it yourself.

But it's fun, if you liked GPL then I don't see a reason why you shouldn't like this. There will definitely be a learning curve if you didn't play GPL or haven't driven a similar car in another sim. You just gotta be smooth with your inputs but slides are pretty easy to control, too. I was running an oversteery setup so it might look more difficult than it really is.

Huttus laptime in GPL is 1.18.660 and the iracing lap looked the same give or take bugger all and my GPL time is 1.20.641 and my brother Diks time is 1.19.361 for sime kind of reference so expect decent drivers to run 1.20s very good drivers 1.19s and aliens 1.18s.

You will be fine m8 just brake early and remember to lift on gear changes.

You will think the brakes are crap at first but no they are not its the tyres that have little grip and the secret is not to lock the wheels with is very easy to do on a car like this with no down force and rubbish tyres.

I'm currently only playing with my 24" monitor, is there any way I can get my 32" involved? I'd like to either increase my view or just have useful data on it.

Thanks all on the skip, been practicing all night and spin city. Learnt early on, power into corners on the throttle otherwise it will spin as weight unloads. Steady throttle and care needed.

What is NTM5 ?????

More practise needed, can't break 2:58 on Spa

Back
Top Bottom