iRacing

Nice result Murray, still nowhere near being able to do 20 laps in a row, I'd be one of the many spinning out :p

Down to a 1:20.971 now, so achieved my aim, just :D Getting more consistent as well over time, oddly though it seems like if I drop the effort to "90%" it makes the car harder to control than if I'm pushing...

Cheers Johny, I'd looked at that thread before he posted that, also tried another setup posted elsewhere but didn't really get on with it. I'll try the Aleksi one later but currently running the baseline with rear spring rate -2 clicks, front arb -2, diff ramp and coast both at 55, seems to do the job.

Anyone that's struggling with the l49 try Alison hines setup it feels great and easy to drive but will be like a second slower than Aleksis setup.

She is also know as Eagle Woman and was great help to GPLers with setups and advice.

My brother tried my lotus for a play the other day and went home and bought iracing and the lotus and a few tracks.

First go he did a 22 and today I hosted a 4 hour practice for just us so we could drive together and he did a 21.7 hows that for first day of iracing hehe.

I cracked the 20s with a 20.777 at last.

I hosted a private session for My brother toaday and he has got into the 20s now at mosport in the l49 hows that for 2 days of iracing hehe.

My time is 20.617 I think something like that anyway so he is closing me down already and expect him to be whooping me in a week or 2.

The laptimes at Mosport seem very close to the GPL laptimes and ive matched my GPL time today 20.6 and aliens like Aleski have 18s in GPL and he is around top 5 or 6 in that sim and id say around top 10 in Iracing.

Don't be put off by alien lap times the harder the car and track to drive the bigger the gap between a top driver and average one so just drive the Lotus and enjoy it because its just so much fun not to.

Oval racing is absolutely infuriating. I'm constantly being rammed off the track or wrecked no matter where I am in the pack. How in the hell do people get their rating up when everyone else around you can't drive safe?!

Just picked this up again after a brief trial a couple of years ago. It's hard, but enjoyably so. Today I've been working with the MX-5 Roadster at Lime Rock, managed to get my best time down from 1m08 to 1m02 so far, and not having anywhere near as many offs, although I still need to get consistency down on the braking points. It can be a little frustrating at times, but when you set a new fastest lap time it feels so rewarding. :)

That's what I use mate, works perfect. Only downside is no clutch but I'm fine with that.

Thanks, i never used a clutch with a wheel setup anyway so im not too bothered, cant justify a G27 to myself at the moment :) Just really missing some sim racing, used to play all the big sims in the early 2000s, kind of went off them a bit in the mid 2000s as they became a bit stale i felt..

Like for me the f1 games by codemasters are useless i would prefer to get my amiga out and play F1GP again as in my eyes its a better game with better physics!

Johny, some pretty impressive times from both you and your brother :)

Not done anymore Mosport but tried the 49 on a couple of other tracks, both being way easier than Mosport basically, Oulton international for the UKI event and then Zolder for week 1...

On that note, anyone planning to do the official series with the 49?

Not driven Zolder before last night so way off the pace, getting up to speed though and it seems quite a nice circuit for the first race, nice and smooth means there's only really one place where the car will step out over a crest, the rest is pretty 'easy'

Where do you find the schedule for next season?

If I buy the 2 for 1 year subscription now, will it start from when my current subscription runs out at the end of the year or from when I buy it?

Last edited:
Johny, some pretty impressive times from both you and your brother :)

Not done anymore Mosport but tried the 49 on a couple of other tracks, both being way easier than Mosport basically, Oulton international for the UKI event and then Zolder for week 1...

On that note, anyone planning to do the official series with the 49?

Not driven Zolder before last night so way off the pace, getting up to speed though and it seems quite a nice circuit for the first race, nice and smooth means there's only really one place where the car will step out over a crest, the rest is pretty 'easy'

My brother being new only has a few tracks so not driven much else with the Lotus49 apart from a hosted brands I did first day and a quick look at montreal but only a couple of slow look see laps laps.

Where do you find the schedule for next season?

If I buy the 2 for 1 year subscription now, will it start from when my current subscription runs out at the end of the year or from when I buy it?

The season schedule is posted in the announcements forum, usually just before Week 13, he's the link to the latest one:
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3201712.page

And yes, any extra months/years you purchase are put onto the end of your current sub

Back
Top Bottom