iRacing

Click series on main menu and it gives list of all the series. The GP legends for example is in the C class section, but you can race if you have a D with 4.0 or above.
THANK YOU, thats what I was after.

So I'm correct in thinking I will earn a D license in 4 weeks by entering 4 races?

So lets get this straight, if I'm rookie 4.0 I can enter all of the D license races due to being able to race up one license?

And how would I increase my rating to 4.0, by winning/finishing on the podium? Wait is the rating the safety rating? So I just need to complete races and drive cleanly?

Last edited:
Anyone using an xbox360 controller with this game?

I won't be forever. I have ordered a wireless receiver so I can use my official Microsoft wheel. Tempted by a Logitech g25/g27. I really like the thrustmaster t500 rs but its mega money though.

Hoping its here today ready for the weekend of racing :D

I won't be forever. I have ordered a wireless receiver so I can use my official Microsoft wheel. Tempted by a Logitech g25/g27. I really like the thrustmaster t500 rs but its mega money though.

Hey beav you could try messing around with the Wheel Range setting in options, not sure how it works with a pad but I think a lower setting will make the cars less twitchy.

THANK YOU, thats what I was after.

So I'm correct in thinking I will earn a D license in 4 weeks by entering 4 races?

So lets get this straight, if I'm rookie 4.0 I can enter all of the D license races due to being able to race up one license?

And how would I increase my rating to 4.0, by winning/finishing on the podium? Wait is the rating the safety rating? So I just need to complete races and drive cleanly?

As a rookie, you will 2 things get a fast-track promotion to D-class:
- You must have completed the minimum participation requirements (show in the MPR tab underneath the "Logout" link, top-right).
- You need to earn a safety rating of 4.00

As soon as you finish a race that ups your safety rating to 4.00 or more, you will get a congratulatory message and an instant promotion to D-class.

As you mentioned, the safety rating has nothing to do with how well you qualify or finish in a race, purely on how clean the race was. Simplest thing to do (it may seem dull, but it gets you the promotion quickly) is to start the race from the pits and plod around at a pace that you can manage without going off-track, losing control (spinning >90 degrees) or contacting the other drivers. If you can finish a race with minimal or no infractions, your SR will leap up and you'll have a D licence in no time.

2nd hand G25/27 is an excellent choice.

You could try a new or 2nd hand Logitech DFGT or Thrustmaster F430, both good wheels for the money, though the F430 is considered the better option.

Apparently Logitech are relaunching the G27 soon, so it maybe worth waiting to see what happens there.

The Thrustmaster T500 is very good, I have one and it has been as low £299 in price. Which sounds expensive, but it's a lot of kit for the money and that's the price the G25 and G27 launched at.

Last edited:
2nd hand G25/27 is an excellent choice.

You could try a new or 2nd hand Logitech DFGT or Thrustmaster F430, both good wheels for the money, though the F430 is considered the better option.

Apparently Logitech are relaunching the G27 soon, so it maybe worth waiting to see what happens there.

The Thrustmaster T500 is very good, I have one and it has been as low £299 in price. Which sounds expensive, but it's a lot of kit for the money and that's the price the G25 and G27 launched at.

Ive not long had the microsoft wheel. Got it for £50 second hand so the f430 wheel is not much of an upgrade really. Ile look out for a g25/g27 second hand when I get paid I think :D

If I use someone's email as a referrer, do they get anything?

If so, can someone trust me their email and I'll paste it in my new 3 months free membership :)

So, the iRacing Mazda Cup features Summit Point, Okayama, Lime Rock and Laguna Seca. What kind of lap times should I be able to put in cleanly and consistently before I even consider joining a session?

So, the iRacing Mazda Cup features Summit Point, Okayama, Lime Rock and Laguna Seca. What kind of lap times should I be able to put in cleanly and consistently before I even consider joining a session?

Just join a Practice session mate when you can stay on the track with everyone around you hold a decent pace and not hit anything. Thats when its time to race.

Lap times mean nothing, Imo you should start racing when you feel ready and can drive race distance without being a danger.

Don't worry about lap times or even racing for now. Just concentrate on keeping it on the black stuff and not hitting anyone. Also try to avoid and keep an eye out for other drivers that may hit you. Most collisions are avoidable irrespective of blame.

Just join a Practice session mate when you can stay on the track with everyone around you hold a decent pace and not hit anything. Thats when its time to race.

Lap times mean nothing, Imo you should start racing when you feel ready and can drive race distance without being a danger.

Don't worry about the lap times as there are massive variations in skill. Just make sure you are consistent and clean.

Don't worry about lap times or even racing for now. Just concentrate on keeping it on the black stuff and not hitting anyone. Also try to avoid and keep an eye out for other drivers that may hit you. Most collisions are avoidable irrespective of blame.

Really? I'd have thought if I was too far off the pace that would cause issues for people. I still need to work on keeping it on the road for a full race distance, but I'm getting there. My only real issue is the occasional wobbly moment at the top of the hill at Lime Rock and generally losing concentration towards the end of a long run on any track.

Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom