iRacing

I won't get out of the rookie class. My Oval rating atm is 2.04, you simply cannot get it up, since a 40 lap race with rookies, you're almost guaranteed to have a couple of collisions, you're fault or not.

Like I said before, the game is too punishing for rookies. About 30% of mistakes are mine, spinning and occasional bad overtake which means I hit the other car or the wall. The rest are simply being hit from behind, or a guy spinning in front and you being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is especially bad at the start, about 70% of the time, a couple of guys tangle in front at the start and you either break and stop, but then you're hit from behind or you can't stop and hit them. Not only is your race then ruined, due to the stupid damage model, you either miss half the race waiting in the pits to fix the car, or you drive around with damaged car that wants to badly steer left or right, thus increasing your changes of further collisions.

You get one free instant fix in rookie. Its very simple to get out of. Don't race at the small track, race only the big track(it cycles every week) You can easily get out of the bottom splits in a day, then once in higher splits your get out of rookie np.

Its rookie dont expect clean racing in the lowest class in low splits. You bunched with the worst drivers. I wont car them racers as they cant race they can just above drive.

He summed that up very well if your stuck in rookie you belong in rookie.

And it was defo yellows fault :D Basically confirms everything i said above. nice video

Last edited:
Ergh, Ive had a dreadful couple of races tonight. Lost a few points :(

Gonna have to do some good racing without going anywhere near anyone soon.

I did 2 oval races and 2 road races. In all four I got caught up in someone else's crashes and then after recovering and trying to make up lost ground, made some real stupid mistakes as in going faster than the person in front of me round a corner. They were slow, but I should have given them enough room and not been so aggressive with my racing. Gar, really stupid mistakes. I'm such a rookie!

Last edited:
I must have missed a good comeback for your race win this evening Barmy.

I was specing you when you were in P2 <1.000 behind P1. Then you had a bit of a moment on the exit for T1 and lost a load of places. I stopped watching then...bugger.

I had my radical race at Road Atlanta ruined by a back marker. Comfy in P2 when her tried blocking me down the back straight then plowed into the side of me on the next corner.

Ended up in 4th. What is doubly annoying is the division leader got my P2 so he has increased his lead AHHHH!!!!

Had about 30 minutes testing in the mp4 after. Best lap atm is a 2:08:2 with 105L hopefully get into the 2:07s by tomorrows race.

Watch the video I posted above. It helps you to approach races in a way that keeps you out of trouble and the wall.

The video is pretty much common sense, but still, most of it was recorded in not so dangerous places. The track is wide as hell and this is clearly a few laps after the start and most cars are spread out pretty well.

If you're on a tighter track and the cars are not so well spread out, lifting or braking, can get you in just as much trouble. The countless times I have braked or lifted, only to be hit from behind by a driver that was not expecting me to lift or brake there.

And it only takes a little tag from behind, nothing major to cause a spin and a major accident.

Anyway thanks for the video

Got wiped out on lap 38/40 when I was in first place. I could tell the guy behind me was getting impatient and I predicted he'd go for a lunge down the inside. Gave him plenty of space but of course it wasn't enough. Absolutely raging. I span and he ran away with the win.

Got wiped out on lap 38/40 when I was in first place. I could tell the guy behind me was getting impatient and I predicted he'd go for a lunge down the inside. Gave him plenty of space but of course it wasn't enough. Absolutely raging. I span and he ran away with the win.

I also just done a race, retired after 17 laps out of 40. First accident came as I was lining a guy up for an overtake, was right behind him coming out of a corner, of course he spun out under acceleration and there is nothing you can do, I braked but still hit him and damaged my car, had to be in the pits for nearly 2 minutes.

Came out with the fixed car, a few laps later two guys tangled in front of me, but just by luck both cars closed 90% of the race track ahead and again could do nothing but hit them. In the end I gave up, the repair was scheduled for 7 minutes.

This is the same story that has already happened multiple times and will happen again. This would be a FAR better game with damage off for rookies.

I also just done a race, retired after 17 laps out of 40. First accident came as I was lining a guy up for an overtake, was right behind him coming out of a corner, of course he spun out under acceleration and there is nothing you can do, I braked but still hit him and damaged my car, had to be in the pits for nearly 2 minutes.

Came out with the fixed car, a few laps later two guys tangled in front of me, but just by luck both cars closed 90% of the race track ahead and again could do nothing but hit them. In the end I gave up, the repair was scheduled for 7 minutes.

This is the same story that has already happened multiple times and will happen again. This would be a FAR better game with damage off for rookies.

No it wouldn't, it would be terrible... Think about it

I won't get out of the rookie class. My Oval rating atm is 2.04, you simply cannot get it up, since a 40 lap race with rookies, you're almost guaranteed to have a couple of collisions, you're fault or not.

Like I said before, the game is too punishing for rookies. About 30% of mistakes are mine, spinning and occasional bad overtake which means I hit the other car or the wall. The rest are simply being hit from behind, or a guy spinning in front and you being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is especially bad at the start, about 70% of the time, a couple of guys tangle in front at the start and you either break and stop, but then you're hit from behind or you can't stop and hit them. Not only is your race then ruined, due to the stupid damage model, you either miss half the race waiting in the pits to fix the car, or you drive around with damaged car that wants to badly steer left or right, thus increasing your changes of further collisions.

If its impossible to get out of rookie how come the majority of members have managed it ? I did it within two days...

If you really cant get through a race without ruining your SR then just do time time trials.

There are two solutions to the issue, you stay at the back and out of everyone's way and thus not get caught up in the accidents, or you become an alien and get pole and race away from everyone at the start!

Im gonna go for the first one, but its going to be hard with my competitive streak.

I must have missed a good comeback for your race win this evening Barmy.

I was specing you when you were in P2 <1.000 behind P1. Then you had a bit of a moment on the exit for T1 and lost a load of places. I stopped watching then...bugger.

I had my radical race at Road Atlanta ruined by a back marker. Comfy in P2 when her tried blocking me down the back straight then plowed into the side of me on the next corner.

Ended up in 4th. What is doubly annoying is the division leader got my P2 so he has increased his lead AHHHH!!!!

Had about 30 minutes testing in the mp4 after. Best lap atm is a 2:08:2 with 105L hopefully get into the 2:07s by tomorrows race.

If you'd have watched all of it you'd have seen a decent charge to catch 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Then when I past 4th into T1 he slightly came across me and ended up going off, but I was ok. Then a few more laps to get past the other two. Then 1st must have made a couple of mistakes because he had a ten second lead on me when I got back into 2nd. I closed down to a gap of 1.3 by the final corner before starting the final lap. He has a poor T1 and T2 and I was along side him for most of the straight. I went for the outside to start, which he defended so I moved inside and out broke him into T3. I think there was a some contact because he spun, though I'm not sure and I didn't watch the replay after. After I crossed the line to win he made a comment that pointed the finger at me causing his spin. I said if there was contact, it wasn't deliberate and I apologised.

I wished I'd have watch the replay so I would've known whether or not it was a deserved win, but I was pushed for time to get the race done and so quit without having time to review the incident.

Last edited:
Well, I managed my longest run without spinning off earlier (13 laps), all of which were within a one second window (1:02.5-1:03.5). Couldn't get anywhere near the 1:01.5 I managed yesterday, though. I think the braking for turn one at Lime Rock is where I'm losing a chunk of time, and generally trying to carry too much speed through the corners (though I'm managing to stop myself doing this gradually).

Getting good at this is hard work! :o

In my division through week one I managed a 2nd place which earned me 72 division points, I think. Then I won my next race which gave me 74 in my division instead of 72. I won another race and didnt gain any points so I assumed that was the maximum I could earn that week. Other drivers in my division have a lot more points. Is that because they've won in a higher split race than me?

In my division through week one I managed a 2nd place which earned me 72 division points, I think. Then I won my next race which gave me 74 in my division instead of 72. I won another race and didnt gain any points so I assumed that was the maximum I could earn that week. Other drivers in my division have a lot more points. Is that because they've won in a higher split race than me?
Yes, strength of field will determine how many points are available. If you look at their results you'll be able to see what it was.

Back
Top Bottom