iRacing

Can't you run some clean TT sessions and get out of Rookie that way?

You can, but the SR gains are very small and it would take a lot longer than completing clean races.

As many have said before, start from the back or the pits and concentrate on being clean and avoiding accidents. It's a bit harder to do on the ovals because you should only be racing on the large oval, every other week. But also because on the large oval there's no braking involved and so the racing pace is very high compared to road races and therefor it's harder to avoid accidents. On the small oval track there are too many cars and not enough track and brains to make it anything other than a crash fest most of the time.

If its impossible to get out of rookie how come the majority of members have managed it ? I did it within two days...

If you really cant get through a race without ruining your SR then just do time time trials.

Maybe when you did it, you were lucky and were surrounded by better drivers.

Here is a picture of a race I did yesterday, look at the safety rating change to the right. Only 1 guy out of 18 managed to get out with a rating of + and even that was only +0.02.

Out of 18 people, 17 got negative score outcome after the race. This happens almost every race....

iracing.png

The video is pretty much common sense, but still, most of it was recorded in not so dangerous places. The track is wide as hell and this is clearly a few laps after the start and most cars are spread out pretty well.

If you're on a tighter track and the cars are not so well spread out, lifting or braking, can get you in just as much trouble. The countless times I have braked or lifted, only to be hit from behind by a driver that was not expecting me to lift or brake there.

And it only takes a little tag from behind, nothing major to cause a spin and a major accident.

Anyway thanks for the video

Look He clearly dropped his Rating to race in with the people like yourself who clearly are not capable of holding a car on a track. Face up to the fact the games not easy its not meant to be easy its meant to be a sim. Approach it like that and it will be ok.

The game doesnt need changing to suit one person like yourself when the rest of the other 35000 members find it fine the way it is.

Now stop trolling or ill report you. Every single one of us here has got out of Rookie I got Murry out in few days by following what we say. If you dont want to do that fine.

Stop going on the game will never remove the damage model. So like it or lump it, simple has. Or post on the forums about your Idea see what all the members think.

Anyone who struggles as much as this guy clearly belongs in Rookie and should never be out of it. I'd just given in with him. He clearly thinks hes sum driving god and has realised hes nothing more than terrible that hurts. So instead of improving he wants the simulation to change to suit him.

I dont think so. You crash in real life race over you crash in the sim you get one Auto fix, they have already made it easy mode in rookie. What will you be asking for next I cant brake propley this game neds a break assist.

Wait till you drive a powerful car "This car needs Traction control" It would be so much better with traction control. This sim needs traction on all cars Rfactor has traction control and its such a pro game where im a driving god.

Honestly send your Sub to me its wasted on you. You dont deserve an I-racing Licence.

In my division through week one I managed a 2nd place which earned me 72 division points, I think. Then I won my next race which gave me 74 in my division instead of 72. I won another race and didnt gain any points so I assumed that was the maximum I could earn that week. Other drivers in my division have a lot more points. Is that because they've won in a higher split race than me?

WHat Div you in this season mate did you make it to div 2-3 ?

Rookie Ovals this week is the short track. The general advice is to avoid the weeks it's a the short track and try and get out of rookie in the week it's the at the Charlotte Oval. Qualifying for the race can also help as most rookies can't be bothered and they all end up in the midfield and the back. At least if you qualify you are going to be surrounded by drivers who are actually more serious about the game than some of the more casual players who populate the midfield and back of the grid.

At the end if the day iRacing rewards drivers who practice and treat the sim like real life racing.

My brother bought iracing Member since 2013-07-24 and is C class 3.40 already with 2 wins and 5 top 5s in the skippy starting from the back and is already 1 second faster than me in the skippy and ive had Iracing over 3 years.

You can either drive or you cant sorry.

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=129444

Summit Point Raceway - Summit Point Raceway Race 1:21.723 after 3 days in the skippy.

Last edited:
This game would be so much easier if tires didn't heat up. Or fuel ran out I could build sets that then worked over qualifying and race distance, I wouldnt have to practice anymore, I could just turn up and race. I could drive for 80 laps flat out. Not having to worry about tire wear the difference in handling that will happen as the fuel comes off and the car raises.

Trackmaina doesnt have tire wear and that is a brilliant game this game should be more like trackmania. We need jumps also, This game would be so much more fun with jumps, really big jumps and a corkscrew. "Not the one at laguna has everyone knowns laguna seca sucks" Its to hard the track should enable the driving line and auto brake as its so hard to stay on the track there.

Only made it into division 5. But don't forget that the GT challenge series was dropped and the Fixed setup Prototype series was as well. So all the drivers from those dropped series are now mixed in the Grand Am and Prototype series.

Thats a shame I thought the Gt series was a good idea. better than running against the Riley. I did like Grand Am but it felt very forced. The GT cars all on the same grid felt very much like a multi class series to me. I Was going to more GT racing when I re-subbed.

The speed difference on the Riley was a pain in the arse I was fighting towards the front a lot of the time in the MP4 At a few places I was getting held up by Riley drivers, and theres just no real way past as there come past you like you standing still on the long straights.

Think it was Oaky I was racing at last season fighting over 1st with another Mp4 guy when we came across two Riley drivers who clearly had more money than skill You think theyd move for us :( totally wrecked my race. Holding us up in the bends. Nearly taking us out numerous times. In the end one T-boned me at the hairpin as I'd past him in sector one.

Here is a picture of a race I did yesterday, look at the safety rating change to the right. Only 1 guy out of 18 managed to get out with a rating of + and even that was only +0.02.

Out of 18 people, 17 got negative score outcome after the race. This happens almost every race....

After the posts in the last few days about oval racing, I did a couple of sessions last night. I did a race late last night with a bunch of those guys, and they're very impatient. That Mitja guy was in a mass pileup, then proceeded to troll abuse for he rest of the race.

I was careful, one spin with a wall nudge and came out with a +ve rating, so it can be done.

Oh grow up. :rolleyes:

Rookie Ovals this week is the short track. The general advice is to avoid the weeks it's a the short track and try and get out of rookie in the week it's the at the Charlotte Oval. Qualifying for the race can also help as most rookies can't be bothered and they all end up in the midfield and the back. At least if you qualify you are going to be surrounded by drivers who are actually more serious about the game than some of the more casual players who populate the midfield and back of the grid.

At the end if the day iRacing rewards drivers who practice and treat the sim like real life racing.

It's good to know that. I'm tempted to give the Street Stock a go, as I got the hang of that pretty quickly in private testing.

Sorry Davey, this thread usually full of nothing but peace and love, Where we including myself try to help each and every New I-racer from the OCUK community.

Ill contact you personally next time we get a troll. Hate to see a great thread wrecked. Again sorry for going into full on retard mode.

anyone else doing the skippy season 3 atm, currently on road america...... my best time is a 2.35.6XX but in race pace i will prob be doing late 36s just wondering what everyone is doing?

My brother bought iracing Member since 2013-07-24 and is C class 3.40 already with 2 wins and 5 top 5s in the skippy starting from the back and is already 1 second faster than me in the skippy and ive had Iracing over 3 years.

You can either drive or you cant sorry.

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/CareerStats.do?custid=129444

Summit Point Raceway - Summit Point Raceway Race 1:21.723 after 3 days in the skippy.

if you can't drive like the pros get the telemetry thing where you can compare your lap to the fast drives it overlays the telemetry onto the map of the circuit so you can see other peoples driving lines , acceleration/brake points etc overlaid onto yours.

It's not always about feeling often people who are slow try to drive to fast

http://s15.postimg.org/xkdlp392j/iracing.png
Rookie is not about "racing" it's about learning to drive with others and not falling off the track every corner.

your rating will improve only if you don't spin/crash a lot just stay back and don't care about winning and don't push so hard that you might make a mistake it's not a sprint it's a marathon and to finish first, first you must finish.

I used to qualify but then tell everyone at the race start I will be pulling to the left/right and letting everyone past because no matter how fast I was some idiot would nearly always use me as their brakes in one of the first few corners.

often you can start last and without racing finish near the top just from overtaking people who crash out etc

Last edited:
Had a good race in the mx5 last night! Qualified mid field and the kept it on the straight and narrow for pretty much all the race apart from one little prang at a hairpin corner where the guy in front span and I had no where to go as I was following him fairly closely, and t boned him. I guess he had rubbed the guy in front of him as he span as well. Also had a couple of small running wides coming out of corners and taking too much curb.

Yey! a 4th place and plenty of + SR.

I'm starting to get the hang of iracing and I can drive the MX5 well now.

My question is, how do I know what license I need to join a ineligible race?

For example to enter the grand prix legends race do I need a A, B, C license and what rating?

I can't find this information anywhere. Would like to have an answer. Thanks :)

EDIT: Ah I have found the info that tells you which license you need to join a race, in that case I would like to know where I can see my progress towards earning licenses?

Is the first license Rookie then you have to earn C? Where can I see my progress towards getting C? Do I just keep entering eligible races and eventually I will get a C license? I would like some visual feedback of my progress towards earning a C license though.

Nevermind I found this awesome link which explains everything http://www.simracingdesign.com/iracing-com-motorsports-simulations/12240-faq-s-iracing.html

Last edited:
Click series on main menu and it gives list of all the series. The GP legends for example is in the C class section, but you can race if you have a D with 4.0 or above.

Back
Top Bottom