iRacing

Associate
Annoying problem/error on my part.

I do the practise before the race,get a greyed out "wait" in the box,but when quali comes around it stays greyed out!

This mean all other racers left or am i reading something wrong? Or have i joined a practice only session and i'm hanging about for nothing? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
In the race/prac/qual/time trial box top right of site. Make sure the race is chosen, you then click on the race time to register, which allows you to join practice. Some races have quali separate from the race, some have it just before.

If you are in the practice session and have regd for the race, it should give you a message to please join race, and a race button will appear when you hold down escape.

Man of Honour
If you register for a race then you have the option to join. This will put you into a practice session until the race is due to start. Sometimes it will automatically place you in the race when it's due to start. Sometimes you have to click to join.

If join a practice session separately then you have to exit, then click on withdraw before you can join any another session.

Associate
Managed to Qualify on pole at the weekend, pulled out about 8 tenths gap on the first lap only to get shunted from behind at the bus stop

The guy who did it was very apologetic at the end though, he locked up and couldn't slow down any more so I guess it is just one of those things

I'm getting a much better feel for the skippy now though and feel a lot more comfortable

Got to learn the next track now ready for racing this week

Associate
Managed a 2:51.5 in the skippy at Spa after a few laps, not sure how that stacks up but it was really nice to drive there. Easy to overdrive but you can hang onto it on the edge, only losing some time instead of the back end!

Associate
Took my first win yesterday in the Skippy at Oran Park

Qualy'd 2nd and managed to get into 1st just after the first corner

Lead the entire race and had a 6 second gap to 2nd place, also got my C licence as a result

Associate
No idea, any suggestions?

I think I'll keep racing the Skippy as well just because there is high participation and races every hour

I'm tempted with Star Mazda or RUF, I wish you could try the cars first

Associate
The RUF is a good purchase as you get 3 (or 4?) versions and 2 are used in official series.

The C-Spec is my personal favorite car on the service. RUF Cup is currently fixed setup though, which holds you back from being able to tune it to your driving style, spoils some of the enjoyment for me.

Associate
Are participation and driving standards quite good in the RUF series?

I'm assume with it being C class you get slightly less bandits?

Soldato
Loving Monza in the Skippys this week, two wins in a row this afternoon :)

Plus, got a wee something for my wheel..

U9pHltm.jpg

Plus, the brake pedal from Nixam eventually arrived after nearly three weeks, have to say it does feel a lot better than the standard G27 brake..

Associate
Not had a chance to race Monza yet in the Skippy, I'm hearing lots of horror stories though of people getting shunted at the end of the straights

Soldato
Not had a chance to race Monza yet in the Skippy, I'm hearing lots of horror stories though of people getting shunted at the end of the straights

Not had one shunt at turn one yet, although you will obvbiously get your maniacs dive bombing. I did have on elast night, who dive bombed me 3 times, eventually he spun and hit me, forced me into the pits. He of course turns around and drives away with no damage and finishes 5th, I come in a lowly 10th...

Associate
I'm not sure if I will have time to fit any races in this week anyway, Sunday will be my only chance so might give it a go then and just try to stay out of trouble

I think I'm a bit too protective of my SR

Soldato
Have you guys seen the new development blog, detailing the new surface model they're introducing in the next build, looks pretty cool:

http://www.iracing.com/lets-talk-about-hot-rubber/

So now the tracks will rubber up, gain marbles and change temperature correctly based on both the lines taken by the drivers and also the sun. I imagine there's going to be a lot of whining sooner or later but sounds like a good thing to me :)

Back
Top Bottom