iRacing

Associate
What's that little brake-lever type thing on that shifter you posted?

Good news about your OSW and 0 EMI issues. I've had a few with the Lenze, symptoms being keyboard/mouse disconnects, wheel losing centre, but believe all are resolved now, with just a little effort.

Tried AC yet with the OSW?

Roll-on the ring with iRacing!

Soldato
Tends to be middle of the day here. I could in theory take a 2 hour lunch but I've got the Dentist at 4:30 so I'm out of Flexi. Given I've done 6 day weeks for the last fortnight I decided I deserved the day off...

If I miss the UPS man then the nearest depot is over an hour away, despite me being in Greater Manchester.

Soldato
Haha, you two are going to have a ball tomorrow.. :)

With fanaleds, turn up your brake sensitivity to 100%. Plus the amount of info available via fleds is awesome, I was using sim-sli to post info to my displays, changed completely to fleds now...

Associate
That's the neutral selector; it lets you go straight to neutral from any gear without having to cycle through.

Indeed it is, sadly though iRacing won't be supporting that feature anytime soon.

I have tried Assetto Corsa, I still need to fine tune the settings in sim as there is a kind of internal servo vibration at high speed but it's very very good now compared to with my CSW. When I can race again I see myself spending a lot more time in this sim, the feel was excellent, even had a go at drifting on the skid pan and was very impressed with the feedback.

Good luck for tomorrow chaps, I hope the deliveries are early! Barmy are you expecting both your packages tomorrow?

Man of Honour
Indeed it is, sadly though iRacing won't be supporting that feature anytime soon.

I have tried Assetto Corsa, I still need to fine tune the settings in sim as there is a kind of internal servo vibration at high speed but it's very very good now compared to with my CSW. When I can race again I see myself spending a lot more time in this sim, the feel was excellent, even had a go at drifting on the skid pan and was very impressed with the feedback.

Good luck for tomorrow chaps, I hope the deliveries are early! Barmy are you expecting both your packages tomorrow?

Yes I am.

Soldato

Muska.

Have you tried it in Pcars yet, I seem to get a lot more feeling in the wheel and pedals in Pcars than I do in corsa.

Associate
I used to find that too, I tried the other day but it crashed leaving the pits so I moved to another sim.

I give it another bash this morning :)

Edit:

Well, PCars is very complicated to setup FFB wise, I'll have to try and hunt out some settings for OSW as the short time I got on track before a crash it felt very dead, hardly any feedback on kerbs and compared to Assetto & iRacing a really poor feeling FFB. Maybe it's all in the settings though, if you've looked at their options you'll know what i mean!

On the other hand though, iRacing in the V8 Supercar at Bathurst is just incredible and the HPD now has amazing feeling in high speed corners, the downforce on the car is felt through the wheel amazingly, you really have to push through a high speed corner to stay on line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom