iRacing

Associate
Who needs DX11 :D

23664018322_20937f9076_b.jpg

23770547445_eda8b5f9b7_b.jpg

Soldato
Nice skin muska, your own design?

On the skippy front, loving the Indy circuit at brands hatch, only half a second off the aliens. Three races tonight, 2nd, 3rd and a 4th which I should have won, but I spun on the downhill left hander. 270 irating and .5 sr so far...

Last edited:
Associate
Had a really good race at the VLN layout of the ring last night, all cars grid together so a few GT cars had to come through the pack. Very close racing with me and a couple of the other C-Specs.

Then I try and practice to race in the RUF Cup this season and it's an understeery mess with the fixed setup and default weather @ Watkins Glen :(

Associate
Despite what seems like a little ongoing service degradation with slow access to results/stats, I'm loving this more and more.

Although I suck at Nordschleife with little driving time on it, what an absolute buzz to be revving engines and hearing others doing the same, psyching up to head out on this glorious track.

First race in a skippy first time around Brands last night - despite coming 11th, loved the race and felt those taking part were cleaner racers than those I find doing the Mazda Cup - in my last Mazda Cup race a guy rammed into me - twice! - forcing me off track - I wish iRacing was a little more sophisticated so I didnt incur incursion points through no fault of own.

@Muska - love the paint job, must work on my own as still using the plain defaults on my drives. Must also look at recommended setups for RUF as I find it an understeering pig at default. Could you share any setups files you have? Shout out if you plan to do any more hosting - was there ever a scheduled OCUK meetup?

Man of Honour
We've all complained about getting x4's for someone hitting you from behind. But it's the same for everyone so it evens out over time. I don't think there are many incidents that are deliberate, so mostly lack of skill or concentration. Since most of us are amateurs then it's to be expected.

Managed to do a couple of hours practice in the Skippy last night, first time this week. I was about 0.7 off the fastest time of the session, which was pleasing.

Associate
mostly lack of skill or concentration. Since most of us are amateurs then it's to be expected.

I don't really agree most incidents are due to lack of skill or concentration, given the driving and racing behavior I've observed. I've seen the most ridiculous pileups and contact that should never have happened - increasing your safety bubble around you, observing what's going on in front of you, not racing so close, would prevent much carnage. Just common sense behavior. Makes me wonder why some people pay their subscription and drive the way they do.

On another note, I shared earlier I think the ffb into my OSW is super in AC, but I think the braking sensations are better in iRacing, and I missed that feeling when in AC during the iRacing maintenance.

How's the Fanatec setup with Forza 6 Barmy?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'll add a lack of spacial awareness as well. There are also in incidents you can atribute a lack of common sense and race craft as well. All of which is to be expected really, more so in some of the Skippy races because you can race with just a C licence or D 4.0. And as we all know, you don't need to have any of the skills I've mentioned in my last two posts to actually attain any of the licences. Maybe that's were the service needs to look to reduce the number of incidents.

Associate
Another race last night a Brands in the Skippy, qualy'd 2nd but dropped a place at turn 2

Was having a good run around in the top 3 and built a gap to the guys behind, then the two in front got tangled up and went out of the race

I ploughed around in 1st until about 3 laps from the end when 2nd place caught up with me, defending by staying right for T1 and he ploughed into the back of me!

Luckily damage wasn't too bad and I managed to get home in 3rd but felt robbed of 1st place

Associate
Any recommendations for setting up cars? Anyone use the iRacing setup sync database, any good?

Seems like wealth of setups for each var per track, which one to use, trial and error, check stats of racer providing setup, names to look out for?

Soldato
Keep us informed. As you say it's a very cheap upgrade if the results are favourable.

RAM arrived, has been in a few days. No massive difference, the system is using barely 512MB more than with 8GB installed. 'Ring load times are still the same. I'm seeing less paging activity, but still getting FPS dips at the bad bits on the 'Ring GP. The occasional white car problem with 50+ car grids has gone away, but unsure if that's the new build or the extra RAM.

Back
Top Bottom