iRacing

Soldato
Got my new rig coming :)

GT Omega Pro, triple 27" screens, new kabylake pc (which OCers said I would get delivered tomorrow and now changed to Monday), Fanatec V3 pedals, CSW base and a formula rim.

Need to get a small 5 or 7 inch screen for Z1 dashboard and I'm all set.

Soldato
Did you get the brake mod kit for the V3s? I installed mine last night and they feel really good now. I will probably still end up buying HE Ultimates, but the brake mod kit feels much, much better than that stupid damper kit.

Soldato
I didn't mate. Used them before with the dial right down to 1, which is the softest. So I doubt I will need the damper kit.

Yeah, same as myself, next upgrade is HE Ultimates, then Direct Drive.

Soldato
I didn't mate. Used them before with the dial right down to 1, which is the softest. So I doubt I will need the damper kit.

Yeah, same as myself, next upgrade is HE Ultimates, then Direct Drive.

Ah okay. I'm surprised that you like them so soft. After trying HE Ultimates twice I knew that I wanted a much harder brake pedal and the brake mod kit definitely provides that :)

The Porsche GT3 Cup is so damn good. The last 3 hours have flown by :eek:

Soldato
So you have iracing in your library within Steam, correct?

Click on the name and hit install on the dexscription page. Or if you have iracing installed already, then right click name, properties, verify files.

You dont need to launch from steam to run iracing, you can sign into the service normally.

Also, I got my steam account converted to a full iracing account, just contacted customer support.

Soldato
just bought a year sub for 50% sale price. Big on racing, really just play Project Cars, Assetto, Forza Motorsport, never eally wanted to get into IRacing as it can be pretty expensive I've heard, but something today really made me want to buy it.

Any good advice from veterens on starting out?

Soldato
Yeah get out of the rookie class as soon as possible!

You don't need to win to get out, you won't win many races unless you are super fast!

To get out of rookies, both road and oval, start at the back, don't qualify. You can be sure that within 2 laps you have moved up 5 places through natural attrition, mainly due to everyone else thinking they are Senna.

Stay back from the pack if you have to, if you are in a fight, and you think they are dodgy, let them by.

This might not sound like the best advice to win or be competitive, it isn't! ALl yu are doing is getting enough safety rating (SR) to get out of rookies.

Once that is done, pick a car and stick with it for a while, lots of good racing in the Mazda MX5, skippy and GT3, althe the last 2 are slightly higher liicence rqs.

Once you are out, practice the next weeks track as much as possible, view youtube vidoes on how to drive it etc etc.

Basic tips within iracing are, turn off the racing line if you have it on, turn up your spotter to high, you can also change the clear distance within the app.ini.

Run the Mazda, as it has a fixed setup, so everyone is the same and it is all down to basic skill level, and a little bit of argy bargy :)

Back
Top Bottom