iRacing

Associate
yea skippy was my favourite car on iracing,raced in the uk skippy series and the w2k cup being one of the frontrunners,tremendous fun when you race every week with a decent set of drivers who don't punt you off at T1 :)

Associate
It seems it was another Andrew sorry :)

Ive resubbed anyways but will not be sticking around.
Despite spending a grand total of €390 on content over the years for mostly road series i will have to spend a minimum of €95 just to participate in one class D series [thats the cheapest based on content i have/need for this series]with other class C and D series costing more than that.
As always iracing make it so you always have to buy something as they are constantly changing up the tracks included from season to season.
All rookie series cost me nothing but thats not enough to keep me subbed..
Back to the sim itself its great but physics wise its no better than automobilista or AC,same can be said for FFB where AMS is far better.

Permabanned
Physics are defo better than AC imo. I like AC but you can overdrive like an absolute muppet and not have to worry too much about any negative consequences. Infact to set world record times on AC you almost have to overdrive unrealistically in some cars, particularly the GT cars etc. Overdriving in IRacing screws you hard, almost too hard but I’d rather it be like this than it is in AC where it’s ultra forgiving.

Associate
and to set a world record time in iracing you have to crawl around on an outlap so you don't get any heat into the tyres..totally realistic..just like the real world :)

I think both have good and bad points to be fair but I prefer AC,iracings tyre model feels like your driving a tyre with a supersoft sidewall that just folds over when you lean on it.

Permabanned
and to set a world record time in iracing you have to crawl around on an outlap so you don't get any heat into the tyres..totally realistic..just like the real world :)

Yeah but that’s the outlap and it only applies to some of the cars, some cars it offers little to no benefit.... plus when you actually have to do the lap you can’t drive like an idiot and get away with it and that’s what matters more to me than having to do slow outlaps (as tedious as that is).

AC you can overdrive like a muppet in quali, race... it doesn’t really matter as it’s so forgiving. In IRacing you can’t overdrive ever and expect to go fast. I know the approach I prefer even if it is a bit too unforgiving due to the less than perfect tyre model.

But yes both games have pros and cons but I always prefer the sim that punishes over driving rather than encouraging it.

Associate
but doing slow outlaps is totally opposite of what the real world scenario is..the idea is to get heat into the tyre on the outlap ,iracings idea is totally the opposite of real life,how is that realistic?

ive raced on iracing since 2009 and have most of the content,i stopped I think 2 years ago because of how backwards the iracing tyre model is..there is no tyre in the world that is faster when cold...except in kaemmers head lol

and its been like that for years

Permabanned
but doing slow outlaps is totally opposite of what the real world scenario is..the idea is to get heat into the tyre on the outlap ,iracings idea is totally the opposite of real life,how is that realistic?

ive raced on iracing since 2009 and have most of the content,i stopped I think 2 years ago because of how backwards the iracing tyre model is..there is no tyre in the world that is faster when cold...except in kaemmers head lol

and its been like that for years

Who said it was realistic ? The fact is it effects a grand total of 1 outlap whereas my problem with AC is present in every single lap you drive in the game.

The temp fix is apparently coming in the next tyre update anyway, with kaemaar saying its finally fixed. He recently wrote a big technical blog about it if you can be arsed reading it.

Soldato
Anyone here running AMD graphics? I'm having a few issues with Freesync not working properly with the latest couple of driver revisions. Gone back to the March driver and it seems OK now.

I had a couple of rather large accidents in the BSRTC last night when it went into slideshow mode in the first chicane at Le Mans. :mad:

Soldato
Anyone run the 24 hours of Spa? How did you get on?

Not very well. We started 23rd in split 5, I managed to go from 23rd to 4th after the first stint. Me and another driver did about 6 hours and were still 4th, a minute of the lead and a minute in front of 5th. Handed over to the next two drivers and within 15 minutes they hit a car who was reversing back onto the track through Puhon! There was 15 minutes of required repairs and even then steering was bent as well as being 35+ KPH down in top speed. As it wasn't too far into the race the decision was to call it. I was really gutted after the good start and having to retire from such a strong position. I saw BosTED entered a few cars, did you drive?

Soldato
Yeah, I got the team organised (for a change!) and we put two cars in.

Both cars in split 4. I put a hilariously slow 2:36 qually time in for Red to ensure we were at the back of the grid and could avoid first lap shenanigans without having to pit start. 53rd to 5th, Jason carved his way through the field in the first couple of hours up to about 15th. Everything ran like clockwork, which was nice. Couple of close calls, but that was it. My final two stints wern't needed so ended up doing 4 stints, and I got a decent sleep. Which was nice.

Darkside qualified properly ... in 42nd IIRC. They had technical troubles in the 2nd hour and the game didn't count two of their laps. After an early stop to swap drivers and fix it they were on a charge back through the field to 6th.

Decent result considering we tried to stick to the track limits and everyone kept their licenses.

2018-07-24%2016.05.45.jpg

Soldato
No comedy like pro's losing their licence was there?

Plenty of comedy. Elkemann from the winning team got busted from Pro to B. Everyone in the 2nd place Triton car got dropped from A, two of them to D. I think a couple of them lost their Pro licenses in the VRS sprint the week before. One of my ex-Kia team mates who races for Radicals managed ~45 laps in the top split with 140+ incs before binning it at Blanchimont and withdrawing the car. He's dropped from A to a low C license. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Knock yourself out : http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=23858180

There was one team in 3rd split that managed to rack up 2118 incidents, with one chap getting 1400+ all by himself which he's been proudly defending on the forums. I worked it out at an average of 5.6 per lap!

Associate
Well done on the good run @MagicBoy, shame idiots took you out @MikeTheNative. Who you racing for these days? Not had an official race for months with not a lot of time and BF1 fulfilling a gaming quick hit when I've needed it.

Need to find some way back in, hoping that Assetto Corsa Competizione turns out to offer iRacing some competition. Early access still seems to be "summer 2018".

Soldato
I race for BoosTED. The capitalisation is very important apparently! :D

After our sponsor in the Kia series dropped out a while ago my friend decided we'd have our own team so we had some control over choosing the drivers. Started off as a few friends who met playing Forza 3 years before and it's grown a bit since then with friends of friends etc. Private leagues mostly, plus the Majors series and the endurance special events. We're in it for the fun but we're not averse to trying for a decent result. ;)

Back
Top Bottom