iRacing

Soldato
NTMv6 - same as they've been for the last 18 months or so. NTMv7 isn't quite ready yet. #soon. Cue a lot of anguished wailing from the oval guys about how it's not fair.

I've only done a couple races this season as I've got a shoulder problem. Determined to get fit for Daytona!

Soldato
Looking forward to the transitions, although they've already put out a statement on the forums about the sky being overexposed in certain situations until they can get HDR implemented properly in the next build.

I resubbed with the black Friday deals for the first time in 2 years. It seems I've lost some pace, I think my iRating is going to take a battering :o

Associate
Is anyone racing the Daytona 24? How are the day/night transitions?

I saw on a few streams that there was cars blinking but it seemed to settle after 30mins or so.

Soldato
Yes, my team entered two GTE cars. I believe 20+ splits and we're in Splits 8 & 9 with mid 3k iRatings. SoF is unreal this year.

Absolutely no problems with blinking cars or disconnections in our splits. The iRacing forums do love a good moan followed by a friendly lynching. ;)

By sheer luck managed to get the dusk and dawn shifts and it looks lovely. Weather variation has been a pleasant surprise. It's gone from 64F to 91F since the sun came up, cars are down on top speed and the lap times have dropped off by about a second.

Soldato
Is anyone racing the Daytona 24? How are the day/night transitions?

I saw on a few streams that there was cars blinking but it seemed to settle after 30mins or so.
I didn't race but did watch a few streams of the race. The blinking was apparently caused by the DDOS protection in the server's firewalls. It was triggered because there were more people connected to the server than they expected. They managed to fix it after the first hour. The day/night transitions worked great and look awesome.

Soldato
Ours went well on the whole. We bagged a 5th place in the 8th split from the back of the GTE field. Difficult race as there's very little difference on pace between the GTE and the GT3. The slower GTEs are doing same lap times as the fast GT3s.

We got turned around in the first hour by some impatient twonk in another GTE, which bogged us down in the GT3 field, unable to pass as they are faster round the oval and block you getting past into the braking zones. Took a couple hours to get clear of them after double stinting the tyres and banking the fuel savings from the draft. Once they picked up damage the it got a lot easier to pass them from mid-race.

Soldato
Speak to Mr Bunn, he can probably help you sort a broadcast out with Apex.

Already sorted with Matt, he is helping me organise it. Apex on board, Jimmy B streaming, Robert Plumley streaming. Waiting to hear back from Nikki T, Ross Gunn from Aston Martin trying to get somethig organised. He used to race karts the same time as my son.
Also Ash Sutton possibly on board.

Soldato
Great to see everyone supporting this - that total is amazing. I wanted to join the race myself but had to work :(

Gamer Muscle's stream of the race is so bad. How someone can call themselves a sim-racer and not understand weight transfer or why losing the rear of a car wouldn't give you a force feedback response is painful to watch.

Soldato
Just over £3000 raised...

Think I messed your race up mate, got a slow down on corner 3 and was trying to keep off the racing line.. Sorry man.

No apology necessary. I don't remember it. If it happened then it's racing. :cool:

I had fun, got to race Jimmer for a bit and helped raise some money for a good cause. £3k+ is impressive, I'm glad the community helped put on a good event.

I won't disagree with Spunkey's GM comments. iRacing isn't perfect but that's a discussion for another day.

Well done MarkeR.

Back
Top Bottom