Is China on to something?

Caporegime
https://www.businessinsider.de/why-...zing-china-uighur-repression-2018-8?r=UK&IR=T

Interesting. I knew China was oppressing it's Muslim populations but not to this scale.

Interesting that they're facing no criticism from Islamic countries isn't it? It's almost like they're hypocritical states run by those only concerned with lining their own pockets...

Also can't help but question where all the mass terror attacks are in protest at this treatment or have China somehow found a solution to the problem? Perhaps we should try what they're doing over here in Europe? After all it seems to work and nobody is speaking out against it so win-win?

Soldato
Think the CoE would raise an objection or two if we adopted internment camps and mobile execution vans. Do China not have the reputation of being the most brutal of all, ever, regimes killing millions through starvation. Maybe your right though.

Soldato
https://www.businessinsider.de/why-...zing-china-uighur-repression-2018-8?r=UK&IR=T

Interesting. I knew China was oppressing it's Muslim populations but not to this scale.

Interesting that they're facing no criticism from Islamic countries isn't it? It's almost like they're hypocritical states run by those only concerned with lining their own pockets...

Also can't help but question where all the mass terror attacks are in protest at this treatment or have China somehow found a solution to the problem? Perhaps we should try what they're doing over here in Europe? After all it seems to work and nobody is speaking out against it so win-win?

The solution to terrorists is extremely simple, and that is to escalate the situation.

Terrorists are similar to your standard tough guy gangsters, they want violence, but when you kidnap their children, now its too much all of a sudden.

Associate

Are you joking? China is the worlds largest police state with massive infrastructure in place to censor and monitor the flow of information for even minor things like insults to the ruling party. Tibet is also under occupation and they regularly threaten invasion everytime Taiwan so much as hints at breaking away completely.

Is China on to something because they oppress their people and get away with it? No.

The solution to terrorists is extremely simple, and that is to escalate the situation.

Terrorists are similar to your standard tough guy gangsters, they want violence, but when you kidnap their children, now its too much all of a sudden.
it's working brilliantly in Gaza and the West Bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime

So how come ISIS dipping families into vats of acid did nothing to stop other groups fighting them?

Or turkey and the Kurds. They are still being attacked over the "dissapearances"

Soldato

They do suffer attacks from IS et al, you just don't hear about it as much

In a March 2017 video reported by Al Jazeera, the self-proclaimed Islamic State (IS) pledged to “shed blood like rivers” in attacks against Chinese targets. Over the last two decades, Chinese citizens, businesses, peacekeepers, and government facilities have been targets and victims of international terrorism. This year, for example, two Chinese teachers engaged in Christian missionary activities were executed by IS in Pakistan. In 2016, a Chinese citizen was killed in an al-Qaeda attack on a luxury resort and Chinese UN peacekeepers were killed in two separate attacks in Mali; the Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan was the victim of a suicide attack by a terrorist with supposed links to Uighur separatists in China; and a Chinese businessperson was killed in an IS bombing of Belgium’s Brussels airport. Between 2004 and 2014, Chinese citizens died in terrorist attacks in Afghanistan, Cameroon, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mali, Pakistan, Syria, Thailand, and the United States.1 Numerous Chinese have also died in domestic terrorist incidents within China’s borders.

https://www.usip.org/publications/2017/10/chinas-approach-international-terrorism

Caporegime
Just to clarify? Are you suggesting we should start ethnic cleansing and forced interment based on ethnicity?

I guess it goes with the suggestions of extreme violence against immigrants by a couple of others in the other thread though...

Caporegime
OP
Just to clarify? Are you suggesting we should start ethnic cleansing and forced interment based on ethnicity?

I guess it goes with the suggestions of extreme violence against immigrants by a couple of others in the other thread though...

Well if we did do that nobody could complain since they're certainly not complaining about China doing it. Which is entirely my point.

We treat all of our citizens (relatively) well and yet live under a heavy threat of mass terrorist attack. We as in western Europe. We have taken in Muslim refugees from all over the world, many of whom have paid us back in blood and violence (see the current sweden thread as an example).
China treats some of its citizens worse than animals (don't even get me started on how some of its animals are treat) and yet they don't have mass attacks. Yes, as @Freakbro has pointed out individuals have been caught up or targetted overseas but generally in China itself they're more restricted to isolated stabbings.

Caporegime
Well if we did do that nobody could complain since they're certainly not complaining about China doing it. Which is entirely my point.
Actually, a lot fo people are complaining about it.

We treat all of our citizens (relatively) well and yet live under a heavy threat of mass terrorist attack.
No we don;t the risks are extremely low, far lower than through the 70s,80s, 90s and early 2000s.

We as in western Europe. We have taken in Muslim refugees from all over the world, many of whom have paid us back in blood and violence (see the current sweden thread as an example).
No, a very small minority have.

China treats some of its citizens worse than animals (don't even get me started on how some of its animals are treat) and yet they don't have mass attacks. Yes, as @Freakbro has pointed out individuals have been caught up or targetted overseas but generally in China itself they're more restricted to isolated stabbings.

No, china mainland gets attacked as well, they just don't publish and keep western media details to a minimum.

Soldato
You have to control the peoples minds though and essentially banish all religion and freedom of thought that may take you a few thousand years of constant oppression and censorship. Does sound quite good though.

Caporegime
OP
Actually, a lot fo people are complaining about it.

No we don;t the risks are extremely low, far lower than through the 70s,80s, 90s and early 2000s.

No, a very small minority have.

No, china mainland gets attacked as well, they just don't publish and keep western media details to a minimum.

Multiple citations needed! The whole point of the article I linked is people really aren't complaining.

Soldato
Wow at this:

Soldato
What, you don't want to prevent mass terror attacks?
Are you a terrorist sympethiser? My god, are you one of them?

Or perhaps you could string a paragraph together with some salient points?

Firstly, i dont think economical strong arming and oppressing minorities are a good way of limiting terror attacks. Suggesting what they do over there and call it a win-win is pretty awful.

Secondly, just because Islamic countries dont care, doesn't mean we shouldn't. It's not plastered all over the news because China not only heavily censors what is reported but it does not stir a huge reaction as it isn't the current hot topic. You will find far more people outraged by a Romanian family getting a temporary home in the UK, than the reported oppression mentioned in OP - disgusting really.

Caporegime
OP
Firstly, i dont think economical strong arming and oppressing minorities are a good way of limiting terror attacks. Suggesting what they do over there and call it a win-win is pretty awful.

Secondly, just because Islamic countries dont care, doesn't mean we shouldn't. It's not plastered all over the news because China not only heavily censors what is reported but it does not stir a huge reaction as it isn't the current hot topic. You will find far more people outraged by a Romanian family getting a temporary home in the UK, than the reported oppression mentioned in OP - disgusting really.

It's win-win because it's clearly not inciting mass terror attacks against civilians and seemingly nobody is objecting to it.
Unless of course people do object to it and they're just keeping shtum for...reasons? And these attacks aren't msterialising for...reasons?

You clearly object to what China is doing therefore can I ask if you're boycotting Chinese products? If not then you're complicit so you can't really take the moral high-ground can you?

Back
Top Bottom