• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it fair to ask for a £30 refund on i7 8700k I purchased 12 days ago ?

Soldato
I don't know what an aunts trick is, but the correct way to go about it would be a polite conversation directly with customer service for a price match or may be a credit note for some of the difference. Lol

Soldato
bit surprised such a big deal. Prices rise and fall all the time. Another time it may work in your favour.maybe next time buy shares I'll call broker if they drop next day and ask for refund.
take responsibility for your action. U bought when supply low and demand high which inflated the price, you didn't have to but you did.
the price ocuk pays fluctuates too I'm sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know what an aunts trick is, but the correct way to go about it would be a polite conversation directly with customer service for a price match or may be a credit note for some of the difference. Lol

Shout out really loud

"I WANT MY MONEY BACK IT'S NOT FAIR ARRGGH I COULD HAVE SPENT THAT £30 ON BEER AND DRUGS I WANT MY MONEY BACK GIVE IT BACK NOW NOW NOW I'LL SUE YOU AND CALL THE POLICE AND INTERPOL"

Then wave your arms about jumping up and down screaming louder and louder, take your clothes off and smack your head against the wall, then cower on the floor bubbling and sobbing saying you want your mummy.

Soldato
I could send it back under UK law and get a full Refund that's my point... No loss too me! I'm not being funny about this , a 30.00 DROP in price in 12 days is a lot of money....... I'd happily take 15.00 refund....

You're not listening, they can charge you a fee for taking it back. If they charge you a fee, then you're not getting a full refund.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Read the section about the right to a refund and the deductions that the retailer can make.

Associate
No offence intended, I once bought a new iron for £30, a month later it was on special offer for £20.

I've been crying into my pillow ever since!
haha steam the bathroom up and hang clothes in there, no need buy an iron then, saved your 30 quid .

i think were being a bit harsh on this guy, can understand his fustration but end off day its happened, learn from it. I had too

Associate
This thread is gold. I'm amazed someone who spent £400+ on a CPU is quibbling over 30 quid saying it's a lot of money. I do hope you are using that CPU to it's potential and it's not just for gaming. If it's only for gaming you're far more out of pocket than £30.

Soldato
Well look at it another way, that £30 difference is the cost of a game. If you had just bought a GPU and less than two weeks later Gibbo is running a deal that you get a free game with said purchase of GPU, they usually give you the free game if you ask.

So technically yes, OP has a case.

Send them a web note ASAP and see what they say.

The cut off point will be 14 days.

Associate
My point is I could have got this from the UK biggest online retailer and they would have refunded me the 30.00 no questions asked, If it was over 20 + days I wouldn't ask but the fact its under 12 days I think its a fair shout... I could under UK law send it back and get a refund! But then that leaves OC with a second hand CPU to sell when on the other hand they could refund me some of the money back......

Actually the UK's biggest tax dodger doesn't offer this as standard any more. If it is unopenned you could have shipped it back for a fiver though and reordered.

Soldato
Think you need to read up on rights more yes you can return within 14 days if item is unused and sealed you are entitled to a full refund however if you used said product and it's not in same condition it was purchased e.g. Used opened etc retailer has ever right to lower your refund e.g. Take 10% off

That's what the UK law brought in as tbh it takes **** how some customers abuse the 14 day rule. I'd get your point if it lowered 30 quid on the night you bought it but over a week later I think your being cheeky

Associate
Yep not sure why you think you're legally entitled to full refund, that really isn't the case I'm afraid for used, non-faulty products! I'm really glad the law changed cause it was so open to abuse previously.

Edit: Not sure why I said "I'm afraid" ... I'm very happy you're not as why should you be? I'm surprised I never had customers in the pub asking for refunds on drinks they bought before happy hour started :D

Back
Top Bottom