• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it fair to ask for a £30 refund on i7 8700k I purchased 12 days ago ?

Associate
Yep not sure why you think you're legally entitled to full refund, that really isn't the case I'm afraid for used, non-faulty products! I'm really glad the law changed cause it was so open to abuse previously.

Edit: Not sure why I said "I'm afraid" ... I'm very happy you're not as why should you be? I'm surprised I never had customers in the pub asking for refunds on drinks they bought before happy hour started :D

shouldnt happy hour be 24/7 haha

Associate
The tc shouldn't have put his complaint on the forum. The world isn't spilling over with sympathetic people.

I totally understand his frustration and can see how the other thread title could be perceived the wrong way with the fair pricing wording.

Should have just quietly sent it back and reordered or looked elsewhere.

Doesn't matter how much one spends no one should throw away money.

To be clear ocuk have done nothing wrong here.

Associate
But he hasn't thrown money away. It's a price fluctuation 12 days after the sale was complete. At the time it was the correct price so money has been thrown. If he is that concerned about the price he's spent she should've bought a 7700k.

Edit: Just seen the above message. They haven't "overcharged" you! Goodness me, you need a reality check.

Associate
Ok I spoke to OC today and told them too use the £30 they over charged me to BUY A BOX OF HARIBO so you can all have a FREE Gift of me at Xmas with your orders ! Your welcome HAHA

Merry Christmas :p

You really need to learn the difference between "to" and "too," and "your" and "you're".

Soldato
Get your Head out your A! It's just a bit of banter.... your taken this all way too seriously.
get you head out your A?!......again, i'll repeat myself, grow up. you're not having banter, you started the thread and it didn't go as you thought it would so now 'it's just banter'

I think I've figured out why you're desperate to chase the £30, you paid for it on your dads credit card and he's peeved of at you so it's coming out of your pocket money?

Soldato
I know the feels op

I purchased an ATI HD4870 from ocuk just 9 years ago for £110. Now I see they are being sold for £10!

I'l be sending ocuk an angry webnote asking for the £100 they ripped me off.

Soldato
Funnily enough i bought a 1700 a week before they dropped the price of the 1700x in black friday to lower than what i paid for the 1700... the thought never occured to me once to ask for a refund... why would i? i bought it at the price i paid at the time, i was happy to pay that price... so what its the same price or more expensive than the next model up a week later, thats life.

Associate
OP
get you head out your A?!......again, i'll repeat myself, grow up. you're not having banter, you started the thread and it didn't go as you thought it would so now 'it's just banter'

I think I've figured out why you're desperate to chase the £30, you paid for it on your dads credit card and he's peeved of at you so it's coming out of your pocket money?

I figured out you're a complete idiot :p I respect everyone's opinion! hence why I asked DO you THINK its FAIR to ask for a £30 refund ?.... its no big deal I was just asking for peoples opinions.... & explaining my legal rights as a Customer , at no time have I said OC MUST REFUND ME.

Soldato
I figured out you're a complete idiot :p
so your best response is to call me an idiot - you know that kind of falls into the personal attack category but hey ho.

I respect everyone's opinion!
No you don't, because when virtually everyone said you were in the wrong you got your panties in a bunch and started incorrectly point out your rights as a customer.

at no time have I said OC MUST REFUND ME.
the below quote, while not in so many words, implies you think they MUST refund you

I'll call OC tomorrow and see what they say ! its going to cost me nothing to send it back as I work for Royal mail so no loss there for me..... Like I said OC could save them and myself a lot of hassle buy refunding me a little bit back and everyone is happy!

so, now we have that all out of the way. how did you get on with customer services? and try and be honest if you can.

Soldato
To start with it was 12 days from when I noticed! The price was changed on the 28th Nov! On the OC website I believe , So a few days after I ordered! Hence why I asked the question... so I think I have every right to ask... ....
why are you still harping on about this? you feel you're entitled to ask? ask away, stop posting on here like a spoilt, entitled child

The story keeps changing
like most children caught in a lie the story will keep on changing

Back
Top Bottom