ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

tbh we should just encourage anyone who wants to join isis to go and do it.
burn their passports as they leave.

anyone who supports isis should win a free trip to, no point pushing them underground and off the radar

I wouldn't go as far as to encourage anyone, but if they want to do it I don't think the British state should stand in their way.

Let's be honest, the type of people who find IS alluring are not the type to contribute much to British society anyway, so losing them wouldn't be an issue, and I don't see the point of incurring the cost of monitoring these people or jailing them if they are prosecuted and found guilty of trying to join IS.

The only reasons why it might be worth stopping them are:

(1) If there's the possibility of US-UK forces on the ground in the region in future, in which case you don't want to give the enemy any additional numbers, or

(2) If the people going over are particularly young, because 16 and 17 year old kids can be very impressionable and that age is also tough for a lot of kids because that's when they leave school and have to find a job. Isis is probably quite alluring if you're a bit thick, can't find a job and are regularly exposed to IS propaganda.

So when it comes to potential ISIS threats you're a big believer in slippery slopes, but not when it comes to censorship laws?

Is there a rule that says there can't be slippery slopes and lines in the sand in different circumstances?

Do you seriously not think there are plenty of Islamic State sympathisers in the UK? Have you ever watched the news? I know you think you're being clever, like Dolph, by just quoting me and saying "citation needed" but you're going to have to be a bit selective if you don't want to end up looking like an idiot.

In other news, Islamic State burn alive woman sex slave who refuses to take part in 'extreme sex act' http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...gage-in-extreme-sex-act-un-says-10272832.html

Is there a rule that says there can't be slippery slopes and lines in the sand in different circumstances?

Do you seriously not think there are plenty of Islamic State sympathisers in the UK? Have you ever watched the news? I know you think you're being clever, like Dolph, by just quoting me and saying "citation needed" but you're going to have to be a bit selective if you don't want to end up looking like an idiot.

In other news, Islamic State burn alive woman sex slave who refuses to take part in 'extreme sex act' http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...gage-in-extreme-sex-act-un-says-10272832.html

You're going to have to be a bit selective of your evidence to make the claims, instead of providing none. So.. citation is needed.

In other news, don't change the subject. Post your evidence.

Dj[citation needed said:
_Jestar[citation needed] You're going to have to be a bit selective of your evidence to make the claims, instead of providing none.[citation needed] So.. citation is needed.

In other news, don't change the subject [citation needed] . Post your evidence.

You're going to have to be a bit selective of your evidence to make the claims, instead of providing none. So.. citation is needed.

In other news, don't change the subject. Post your evidence.

This might be news to you but this is the General Discussion forum, not a PHD thesis so no I don't need to provide you with a citation to back up every opinion I hold. Feel free to disagree with me when I say there are plenty of Islamic State sympathisers in this country, you'd be wrong but feel free to do so.

Back
Top Bottom