ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

Soldato
wooot, you mean after all that scaremongering by the usual islamaphobic culprits on here, the footage hasn't even been verified?

Ex-MI6 chief, warning us again about the dangers of rushing in:

Britain should resist a rush to overhaul its fundamental legal principles in the face of an "unproven threat" from homegrown militants fighting in Syria and Iraq, the former global counter-terrorism director of MI6 has said.

In an interview with the Guardian, Richard Barrett criticised government plans for new laws to tackle British extremists and warned against Boris Johnson's suggestion that Britons who travel to Iraq or Syria should be presumed guilty of involvement in terrorism unless they can prove their innocence.

"This fundamental tenet of British justice should not be changed even in a minor way for this unproven threat – and it is an unproven threat at the moment," Barrett said.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/25/counter-terrorism-laws-warning-mi6-chief

Even I disagree with ISIS (like most of the UK muslim population), but it would be good to see some actual evidence other than some dodgy video posted on youtube, before the UK makes my annual family trip to another part of the world more difficult than it already is!

Soldato
wooot, you mean after all that scaremongering by the usual islamaphobic culprits on here, the footage hasn't even been verified?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/25/counter-terrorism-laws-warning-mi6-chief

Even I disagree with ISIS (like most of the UK muslim population), but it would be good to see some actual evidence other than some dodgy video posted on youtube, before the UK makes my annual family trip to another part of the world more difficult than it already is!

no such thing as islamaphobia, nothing stopping you from going to syria/iraq if thats where you want go unless your dodgy.

Soldato

Wat

Soldato

"Family trip" really?:rolleyes:

Caporegime
Even if the video was staged, there are many more that definitely cant have been. I haven't seen the Foley video, (nor do I wish to). Though I have seen clips of mass shootings of Iraqi and Syrian military prisoners. A mate of mine works in Iraq as a security guard and he has been in contact with an Iraqi colleague who has confirmed such incidents.

Caporegime

Are you saying that the claims of Brits fighting in Syria are unproven?

I guess somebody ought to tell these guys to stand down and release everyone.

Soldato

Staged or not, it doesn't exactly show Islam in a good light (again) does it?

Also a minor inconvenience to yourself is not so bad (as we all have to endure airport security) unless you have something to hide.

Edit;

Don't come back from whatever homeland you are going to visit, please.

Last edited:
Soldato
Staged or not, it doesn't exactly show Islam in a good light (again) does it?

Also a minor inconvenience to yourself is not so bad (as we all have to endure airport security) unless you have something to hide.

Edit;

Don't come back from whatever homeland you are going to visit, please.

Nothing to hide, but as a muslim with muslim name you try going to the US for a disneyland trip, over maybe take your other half to venice for a romantic weekend and you'll see that because of all the scaremongering what 'inconvenience' it causes you. Unless of course you like being cavity searched at each stop (knowing your type though probably would!)

Funny, when the jews of Israel commit their atrocities or the Buddists of Mynamar I hardy see you lot crying like you are now for 'justice'. Atrocities the world over are occurring, yet you lot never stand up against that injustice and voice your opinion then do you? oh yes, no muslims involved so no need to spread your hate right?

I'm all for justice but you lot are just blood thirsty typical EDL louts. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank God your views don't represent the majority here in the UK.

Keyboard warriors are go! ;)

Pathetic - 20 pages of anti-islamic rantings over and over, seriously pathetic, even when muslims join in to voice their opinions against ISIS you blame the religion and not the extremists....... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Nothing to hide, but as a muslim with muslim name you try going to the US for a disneyland trip, over maybe take your other half to venice for a romantic weekend and you'll see that because of all the scaremongering what 'inconvenience' it causes you. Unless of course you like being cavity searched at each stop (knowing your type though probably would!)

Maybe they just don't like you. So your going on a home trip, is this to Bradford\birmingham? :D

Caporegime
Islamic_terrorism_001_zpse2182cfa.png

This is taken straight from wikipedia and is a map of countries in which muslims have carried out terrorist attacks between 2001 and 2013.

Seems to me that's a whole lotta countries...Infact, far more than Israel, the US and UK have been present in combined. So really, to those that keep spouting off how the 3 usual suspects I've listed there are so horrendous compared to Islam, please just look at that map and think for a moment.

Soldato
So really, to those that keep spouting off how the 3 usual suspects I've listed there are so horrendous compared to Islam, please just look at that map and think for a moment.

just curious but has anyone actually compared islam to those 3 countries...i mean have they actually done it or is this just your interpretation of what people are saying ?

because if they have it would just be weird.

Associate

Funny, when the jews of Israel commit their atrocities or the Buddists of Mynamar I hardy see you lot crying like you are now for 'justice'. Atrocities the world over are occurring, yet you lot never stand up against that injustice and voice your opinion then do you? oh yes, no muslims involved so no need to spread your hate right?

I'm all for justice but you lot are just blood thirsty typical EDL louts. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank God your views don't represent the majority here in the UK.

Keyboard warriors are go! ;)

Pathetic - 20 pages of anti-islamic rantings over and over, seriously pathetic, even when muslims join in to voice their opinions against ISIS you blame the religion and not the extremists....... :rolleyes:

"You lot" Way to go:rolleyes:

Caporegime
just curious but has anyone actually compared islam to those 3 countries...i mean have they actually done it or is this just your interpretation of what people are saying ?

because if they have it would just be weird.

Not a comparison no. That's not what I'm saying anyone has done. That's what I'm doing. The same people in here putting down those (rightfully) calling ISIS a scourge are, in other threads, ones that basically say the UK, US and Israel are waging an offensive against Islam and are far more bloody thirsty and violent than it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank god this clown is in no position of power, and effectively a total nobody.

Whys that then - because he's advised you to stop and think first, rather than rush in guns blazing like the americans? :rolleyes:

Does make one wonder who are the most blood thirsty - those quick to go and bomb other countries (killing hundreds of thousands) and arm groups against others, or ISIS......

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/inconven...is-key-reason-for-growth-of-isis#.U_zTx_ldWgs

This is not just the clarity of hindsight. In June 2013, referring to the possibility of directly arming rebels or conducting military strikes against Assad’s forces, two former Secretary Generals of NATO argued:

Rather than secure humanitarian space and empower a political transition, Western military engagement in Syria is likely to provoke further escalation on all sides, deepening the civil war and strengthening the forces of extremism, sectarianism and criminality gaining strength across the country. The idea that the West can empower and remotely control moderate forces is optimistic at best. Escalation begets escalation and mission creep is a predictable outcome if the West sets out on a military path [emphasis added].

Might also want to have read of this: http://www.vox.com/2014/8/25/6065529/isis-rise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom