ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

Caporegime
Personally, i think it's not fair to tarnish islam and all muslims with the extremist brush. Having grown up in a country that has endured over 300 years of religious conflict, not all protestants are catholic haters and not all catholics here are rabid anti british/protestant republican sympathisers. But every religion has it's fringe/extreme elements, heck some of the raving right wing evangelists in the usa frighten me as much as any islamic extremist.

Caporegime
Whys that then - because he's advised you to stop and think first, rather than rush in guns blazing like the americans? :rolleyes:

Perhaps because his opinion on what to do with those that are found to be with IS are too soft.

The former minister also dismissed the call from Johnson and Conservative backbencher David Davis for British jihadists to be stripped of their citizenship even if they were born in the UK and hold no alternative citizenship

Secondly, save your roll eyes until you've given me a chance to respond, it's not big, and it's not clever.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So do you hold the same opinion for those UK jews who go to fight for Israel? they commit atrocities in the name of their religion too......

Considering Isreal isn't (by most) classed as a terrorist organisation the last time I checked, no I don't. Saying that, it's not like I support what's going on over there.

Secondly, the last time I checked Britons in Israel hadn't been threatening the UK either.

http://rt.com/uk/166128-isis-jihadists-threaten-britain/

Awaits 'Israel are terrorists who are occupying foreign territory' response, put it in the Israel thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
Zoomee.

You seem to be spending a lot of time defending Islam.

Take a step back and enjoy life.

Why work so hard?

Become an atheist ;)

Seriously why worship a magic cloud fairy who refuses to show themselves but apparently sits in external judgement of your faith no matter how much crap he allows to happen.

Can't people think "Wtf, this is madness!"

Soldato
Considering Isreal isn't classed as a terrorist organisation the last time I checked, no I don't.

Depends by whom. Other than the UK and US most other countries acknowledge they were born out of terrorism (Irgun anyone?) and class them illegitimate oppressors.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...h-settlers-attacks-soldiers-amos-oz-neo-nazis

No bating an eye-lid there then? - Seems your idea of justice and fairness has a flaw.

I'm all for it if its equal across the board, and can understand why the UK government would want to do so, provided they have solid proof of it. The current proposed legislation changes however are a far cry from justice and seem to target one religious group above others, and how far would one go providing proof of such said act?.

PS - Is this the same David Davis you refer to?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-annual-conference--blasts-THEM-racist.html

No wonder he has them views.

Caporegime
Depends by whom..

Well, us for a start, you know, our country.

The IDF as far as i'm aware have no ties to terror concerns in this country.

My idea of justice is that those found to be fighting within a terrorist organisation, should have their passport and residency revoked. What's yours?

Soldato
There were 100,000 protesters just last week which said otherwise. Just in case you forgot to look outside the bubble you live in ;)

Just like the thousands who warned our government not to go to war with iraq - but hey we all know how that turned out right?

Caporegime
There were 100,000 protesters just last week which said otherwise. Just in case you forgot to look outside the bubble you live in ;)

Just like the thousands who warned our government not to go to war with iraq - but hey we all know how that turned out right?

Were they protesting against civilians being killed, or against our interpretation of Isreal, and whether they're a terrorist organisation?

Edit: http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...raise-funds-victims-conflict-israel-palestine

I don't see anything in here about protesting to class Isreal as a terrorist organisation.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol, since when can people protest to class a group as a terrorist organisation? You know just as well as me they can't. They can only show their discontent with a governments view.

Too many vested interests make the 'terrorist' classification a joke.

OK - another angle - Theres many an Irish group classed as terrorists - Are we going to apply the same laws to them? If so how, bearing in mind they will still be inside the UK.....

I'm all for it - as long as its applied across the board and makes clear what defines joining a 'terrorist group'.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...itons-visiting-iraq-syria-presumed-terrorists

Boris Johnson calls for 'guilty until proven innocent' for suspected terrorists
Mayor of London says ‘minor’ law change should reverse presumption of innocence for those who travel to Iraq and Syria

Funny how it makes people froth so much at the mouth that they are willing to change the law from innocent until proven guilty, all whilst avoiding the basic fact that we caused this mess with our own foreign policy. Where's the calls for changing the root cause? - just sweep it under the carpet and hope no one notices I guess.

After ISIS is gone, we'll just meddle somewhere else then cry that another 'extremist group' has popped up. Root causes people, root causes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OK - another angle - Theres many an Irish group classed as terrorists - Are we going to apply the same laws to them? If so how, bearing in mind they will still be inside the UK.....

How many Britons are travelling to Ireland to engage in fighting? Are they a threat to the UK?

How many are currently engaged in beheading 4 year old children, or supporting a state that condones such acts?

If this actually was happening, then yes, I absolutely would support revoking their citizenship. Where will they go? I can think of a few places.

Last edited:
Soldato
How many are currently engaged in beheading 4 year old children, or supporting a state that condones such acts?

Guess the 3 kids killed on the beach by the IDF don't matter do they? hardly saw Israel doing anything other than trying to justify their actions there.

I care for any children ANYWHERE in the world. I'm dead against ISIS if they are slaying children and women as ANY muslim knows that that is AGAINST Islam. Warfare has strict restrictions in Islam so how can they even class themselves as being 'Islamic' is beyond me.

Oh and here - Irish terrorist 'incidents' in the UK in case you missed them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

Caporegime
Oh and here - Irish terrorist 'incidents' in the UK in case you missed them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

Yeah, Pavlo Lapshyn sure sounds like a solid Irish name. How many since 2002 are Irish related? I believe the IRA gave up the goose in 2005 ... The point being, I don't see anyone going off to fight for the good of the IRA, so your point is ...well, pointless.

Seems to be a few 'Islamist' incidents mind. The kind I would expect to see if the ISIS clowns are allowed to return.

Guess the 3 kids killed on the beach by the IDF don't matter do they? hardly saw Israel doing anything other than trying to justify their actions there.

Did I say that? If you want to read back through my comments on the Israel thread you'll see i'm not happy about civilians being killed in Palestine. I'm merely pointing out, there's a massive difference between Britons going to fight for the IDF, and Britons going to fight for ISIS. If you don't think so, then there's not a lot more I want to say on the matter, as I said keep it in the Isreal thread.

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Seriously why worship a magic cloud fairy who refuses to show themselves but apparently sits in external judgement of your faith no matter how much crap he allows to happen.

Can't people think "Wtf, this is madness!"

Religious indoctrination is very powerful. All schools should be secular in order to give children a chance, although I don't know if it would make any difference in muslim areas, given what we've learned from the trojan horse revelations.

Soldato
lol, since when can people protest to class a group as a terrorist organisation? You know just as well as me they can't. They can only show their discontent with a governments view.

Too many vested interests make the 'terrorist' classification a joke.

I'm all for it - as long as its applied across the board and makes clear what defines joining a 'terrorist group'.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...itons-visiting-iraq-syria-presumed-terrorists

Funny how it makes people froth so much at the mouth that they are willing to change the law from innocent until proven guilty, all whilst avoiding the basic fact that we caused this mess with our own foreign policy. Where's the calls for changing the root cause? - just sweep it under the carpet and hope no one notices I guess.

After ISIS is gone, we'll just meddle somewhere else then cry that another 'extremist group' has popped up. Root causes people, root causes.
islam will keep making terrorist groups I can agree with that

Back
Top Bottom