It's snowing

Inverurie is pretty bad at the mo, the ploughs have left piles of snow 4-5 feet all over the roads, the pavements haven't really been cleared at all to the point you regularly see people having to resort to walking down the road itself.

I'm from Scandinavia so this sorta weather feels like home, I call it a "Viking Summer" :D.
I just find it funny how the UK seems to be unable to cope at all with this sorta weather, haven't folk heard of winter tires and winter boots?
The amount of folk i've seen wearing dress shoes and high heels is shocking!

I just find it funny how the UK seems to be unable to cope at all with this sorta weather, haven't folk heard of winter tires and winter boots?

The fun will come when the "not cleaning the leaves up" planning kicks in. You know, when the ice/snow melts and all the drains are blocked and the water floods peoples homes.

Fog has frozen on my car again, joy.

I'm from Scandinavia so this sorta weather feels like home, I call it a "Viking Summer" :D.
The amount of folk i've seen wearing dress shoes and high heels is shocking!

Yeah but then it would be the moaners faults not the governments, we can't have that can we!

And yep, you guessed it, still no snow in Surrey...:(

We did however have a little frost on the grass that stayed all day!:eek:

(Ok I lie, we did have an inch of snow that lasted a day on wednesday...)

Snowing in Stonehaven ATM

e6862ee8.png
667bfa78.png

Snow in parts of south east england at the moment, dusting on the cars... Reports from Canterbury, Herne Bay down to Dover and Hythe

No snow here but it was unbelievably frosty this morning (and still is). Every tree was white, never seen it as bad as this before. Wish I could have gone out with my camera instead of going to work.

Was snowing in a tiny part of Tewkesbury today, very odd, a mile in any direction it was green and wet.. It was like driving into Narnia this morning on my way to work..

On another note, if the current trend of -0.3°C pr/hr continues at my home it's going to be a Bloody cold night!

Currently sat at -6.2°c and falling.

www.ashlyn.plus.com/weatherwatch/trends.htm <then click outside temp :D

Last edited:
Looking pretty bleak on the Scottish motorways tonight we drove over the M80 at around 12:30 it is totally gridlocked as far as we could see in both directions. M73 and M8 are apparently the same, with thousands of people trapped running out of petrol and with temps somewhere around -10. Not one of the slip roads leading from the M80 to the Cumbernauld area we were on is open even though not 200m away from the motorway the roads are more than drivable and apparently the police have blocked of others till they can be cleared. Some people on facebook just making it home are reporting delays of 14hrs for less than 10 mile journeys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom