It's snowing

Bedroom ceiling started leaking last night, probably because of a frozen pipe and it getting blocked up and the water finding the path of least resistance. Three buckets down, punched a few holes in the roof to act as drainage.
Got the plumber coming round today, but suspect he'll have to go in from above and the folk upstairs aren't in.
I hate my flat.
-13 outside, central Glasgow. Don't worry Secret Santa, I'll be going to the post office later no matter what because I love you.

TBH the snow inst THAT surprising having had a look back a few years in my album. Back in 2008 we had epic snow here too:

IMG_0920.jpg

Each year it's bad and in the news it's the "worst in 30 years fnaaar"

its so warm in the south.... +2c. :D

TBH the snow inst THAT surprising having had a look back a few years in my album. Back in 2008 we had epic snow here too:

http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/photos/2008_gosport_snow/IMG_0920.jpg

where is that? Gosport? (going by url). Down south we dont get snow that much, last year the snow was a lot worse, but only over a few hours. This year the snow was steady and over a few days. That Pic looks terrible!

Last edited:
its so warm in the south.... +2c. :D

where is that? Gosport? (going by url). Down south we dont get snow that much, last year the snow was a lot worse, but only over a few hours. This year the snow was steady and over a few days. That Pic looks terrible!

Yep that's the cross section at the end of my road!

IMG_0920.jpg

Prior to 2008 we had 7 years of mild winters, with this winter cold snap we have had 3 consecutive 'harsh' winters.

Not sure about the day after tomorrow, but this chart is for next week showing DAM lines/geopotential height aka how cold is it going get!

The wind is coming from Alaska and with those atmosphere thicknesses, we could be seeing record low temps and snow

Next week folks, winter begins properly

69562_476414546493_659761493_5981196_213437_n.jpg
Are you sure that isn't just a drawing Asim did of his penis?

we havent had snow so early either. its always been later on , although we did get a white xmas here last december . in 07 or 08 the snow was mostly in march which i guess is equally as weird as november

3 years ago was hardly harsh, there was snow for 3 days ...

So far thiss winter we have has a dusting of snow that lasted a day. Last winter (Dec and Jan) we had about two inches twice that lasted a few days each. It's been less snowy the last two winters than it as for most of the last 10 years. It was a lot colder last Januarybut only just for the rest of the winter months and its supposed to be above average in the new year.

All in all... A little more snow (in some places) and more consecutive cold periods rather than a few short cold periods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom