It's snowing

dont you think they do that at other airports?

Not to the same degree at all. Got stuck at Gatwick for 7 hours once as that's how long it took for the plane to get a dose of de-icer on the wings.....

That is why Heathrow stays open when every other major airport in the country closes.

The other airports just don't have enough snow ploughs to clear the runways etc.

Not to the same degree at all. Got stuck at Gatwick for 7 hours once as that's how long it took for the plane to get a dose of de-icer on the wings.....

That is why Heathrow stays open when every other major airport in the country closes.

The other airports just don't have enough snow ploughs to clear the runways etc.

i was watching a youtube video that was in the linked videos from the one you posted and it showed an a380 getting de-iced.. apparently they waited 2hours because there was only one de-icing truck available. So maybe all airports have there bad days?

Being Near London, Heathrow wont get as much snow as the likes of Gatwick, Stansted or Luton either.

I take back what I said on the last page, we had some more snow here in Germany and the place fell apart just like the uk, despite a new law saying they must have winter tyres, it was chaos, the scenes on the news were the same as the UK.

There is a Swede working here this week, he said they don't really know how to deal with snow lol.

I heard lots more is forecast, I just hope I can get home ok on Friday.

We've not had that much snow here in Hertfordshire, so I'm still looking forward to the severe weather a head :)

MW

Same here, Surrey had even less snow than Herts too. :(

Hopefully we'll get more snow than we had last year as that was a bit of a letdown after all the doom and gloom, bit like the last few weeks actuall.

Back
Top Bottom